It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flux Collector Telescope Might Be Able to Detect Nearby ET Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I wasn't sure if this should be posted in Science & Technology or Space Exploration as I think it belongs in both, so I just decided Space Exploration. I think this is something that's really cool. Apparently, we have a flux collector telescope that might be able to detect nearby ET life. It won't be something that'll be detectable quickly sadly.

A team of Dutch astronomers has shown that with a new type of telescope it might be possible to find signs of extraterrestrial life within the next 25 years.

But it does state this:

Certain gases exhaled by organisms can, in principle, be observed in the atmospheres of exoplanets – planets orbiting stars other than our sun.

20% of our atmosphere consists of oxygen because of all the plants that are producing oxygen through photosynthesis. Without all these plants, oxygen would disappear due to oxidization.

About 20% of our earth's atmosphere consists of oxygen. This gas is only present in our atmosphere because plants produce enormous quantities of it via photosynthesis. Without this biological process, the oxygen in the atmosphere would rapidly disappear due to oxidation.

What do you guys think of this? Does it look promising to you?

Here's the article: New Flux Collector Telescope Will Detect Extraterrestrial Life Nearby
edit on 13-3-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Flux what?

Is this how it started?

Kidding aside, that's awesome news. In a hundred years, we'll have names for our various neighbors. Wish I could skip about a 100 years of my life.

join