It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have a black pope

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Yes I did and then I edited my post but wasn't fast enough...I will do some more reading to figure out what it means...my apologies !

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by g0dhims3lf
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Here is from wikipedia

"Black Pope" is a derogatory nickname given to the Superior General[1] usually by the media (and never used by the Jesuits themselves). The name comes partly from the color of the plain black priest's cassock, worn by members of the Society, including the Superior General, partly from a past concern (most prominent around the 16th and 17th centuries) amongst Protestant European countries concerning the relative power of the Jesuits within the Roman Catholic Church, and partly because the Superior General is elected for life.
Black Pope

So if this is the case then it would not apply since this guy was not the Superior General of the Society of Jesus.

Good old wiki
No offence but do people not read books anymore ?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Here is from wikipedia

"Black Pope" is a derogatory nickname given to the Superior General[1] usually by the media (and never used by the Jesuits themselves). The name comes partly from the color of the plain black priest's cassock, worn by members of the Society, including the Superior General, partly from a past concern (most prominent around the 16th and 17th centuries) amongst Protestant European countries concerning the relative power of the Jesuits within the Roman Catholic Church, and partly because the Superior General is elected for life.
Black Pope

So if this is the case then it would not apply since this guy was not the Superior General of the Society of Jesus.

Well then, u learn something new every day. I used to wear a black chef coat, suppose that makes me a black chef.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Oh I know and I've read the cover story and background. I know he was laying foundation for what he did, well in advance. Just as the investigation and his knowledge of whatever this trouble has been all about dates well back from when he quit 'for health reasons'.

Well...I didn't realize the level of service a Pontiff receives was such a hard life to start with. Standing on a balcony and riding in the Pope-Mobile seem about as strained as he need be, if he chose that route. He quit...days after this report arrived and was instantly sealed to everyone BUT the next Pope.

You say health reasons ...I smell a rat the size of a poodle running around the Holy See and I'm really not anxious to know what is so bad. I just think we'll all need to, to get beyond it.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMSN
reply to post by cody599

Yes I did and then I edited my post but wasn't fast enough...I will do some more reading to figure out what it means...my apologies !

No probs

link   
reply to post by cody599

Why would I read a whole book on a subject Im not interested in? I was simply skimming the new topics, seen someone asking a question, googled the term out of curiosity and figured Id share it.

link   
reply to post by cody599

Generally protestants don't give a rats ass about the subtle nuances of RC culture. Jus sayin..

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Oh I know and I've read the cover story and background. I know he was laying foundation for what he did, well in advance. Just as the investigation and his knowledge of whatever this trouble has been all about dates well back from when he quit 'for health reasons'.

Well...I didn't realize the level of service a Pontiff receives was such a hard life to start with. Standing on a balcony and riding in the Pope-Mobile seem about as strained as he need be, if he chose that route. He quit...days after this report arrived and was instantly sealed to everyone BUT the next Pope.

You say health reasons ...I smell a rat the size of a poodle running around the Holy See and I'm really not anxious to know what is so bad. I just think we'll all need to, to get beyond it.

But even non-Christian/non-Catholic people of late have been reporting on the poor health and labored movements of the former pope.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I think it's a genius choice of name
All very humble love me

We'll see

still looking for the Peter of Rome bit

If there's a comet on his coat of arms ............

Bearing in mind recent events

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

reply to post by cody599

Why would I read a whole book on a subject Im not interested in? I was simply skimming the new topics, seen someone asking a question, googled the term out of curiosity and figured Id share it.

Why would you share knowledge you don't have ?
That's not ATS
at least it never used to be

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I was sharing a source in response to a question leaving it up to debate. I looked at a few other sources as well but that seemed to be the most "to the point" description. Knowledge is simply information gained through experienced. I just experienced myself reading it, how is this different than reading a book?
edit on 13-3-2013 by g0dhims3lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

reply to post by cody599

I was sharing a source in response to a question leaving it up to debate. I looked at a few other sources as well but that seemed to be the most "to the point" description. Knowledge is simply information gained through experienced. I just experienced myself reading it, how is this different than reading a book?
edit on 13-3-2013 by g0dhims3lf because: (no reason given)

You could have saved yourself time by reading the link in the OP

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Just did and no where on that thread did I find a sufficient description of what a black pope is, even yours was incomplete. Therefore Im saving everyone time of having to read through a thread to find the answer.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
They usually say. The name chosen by the Pope usually indicates how he will do things.

en.wikipedia.org...

St Francis was a rich kid that gave up that life to live a life of poverty.
Maybe some changes are in store for the church.

From that same link -- St. Francis is known as the patron saint of animals and the environment too. Hopefully this pope will use the Vatican's wealth to do something positive for the whole planet.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Yes, indeed. In what have already been strange times well outside the inner happenings of the Roman Catholic Church, this all adds to the sheer surreal aspect. A Pope quits (The first one since Pope Gregory XII in 1415) as one of the only in the history of the Church ...and then we get another real ground breaker with who replaces him. "The Black Pope". A Jesuit....and from a non-traditional area to add to it.

The South American influence may be interesting. As another post mentions...Argentina is also an interesting question with the Falklands now. People forget this sometimes but the Vatican is more than a Church. It's a Sovereign nation and the Pope is a Head of State as well as the Head of the Church. I suppose he could have influence in international pressure for/against how that works out too? Will this be a political Pope like the last one was becoming?

Hmmm.. So many unknowns at a time where that's so unhelpful.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
stating the obvious but todays date 13.3.13

from bbc
1818: White smoke has appeared from the chimney on the Vatican's Sistine Chapel, indicating a new pope has been chosen

from terminator 3
The attack began at 6:18 PM, just as he said it would. Judgment Day

interesting that at a time like this they elect a member of a military wing whos founders stated objective was finishing the job of the crusades and recapturing jerusalem.

...and an order from which the founder of the illuminati originated.

New pope is of italian heritage (thus roman)

edit on 13-3-2013 by newpopeislast because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by newpopeislast

from bbc
1818: White smoke has appeared from the chimney on the Vatican's Sistine Chapel, indicating a new pope has been chosen

from terminator 3

interesting that at a time like this they elect a member of a military wing whos founders stated objective was finishing the job of the crusades and recapturing jerusalem.

New pope is of italian heritage (thus roman) and was educated in germany

No, people from Rome are Roman. People from Italy are Italian.

And coincidentally people from Argentina are Argentinian.
edit on 13-3-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

reply to post by cody599

Just did and no where on that thread did I find a sufficient description of what a black pope is, even yours was incomplete. Therefore Im saving everyone time of having to read through a thread to find the answer.

That's ATS
you need to follow all the links do your own research and then post
Jeez knows how many times I've been 404'd for premature posting

edit on 13/3/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by newpopeislast

from bbc

from terminator 3

New pope is of italian heritage (thus roman) and was educated in germany

No, people from Rome are Roman. People from Italy are Italian.

And coincidentally people from Argentina are Argentinian.
edit on 13-3-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

my mistake and im referring to Rome as in the empire as opposed to the city.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by newpopeislast

Now you're REALLY trying to move the goalposts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join