Controlling is weakness. Relaxation is strength. The Path of Most Relief...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I'm a big Star Wars fan, and I read a lot, so I read a lot of the SW extended universe works. In one of them, I forget which, but it was in the "old republic" time frame, a sith battles a jedi master on a ship. The master is alone, if memory serves, she had the ship evacuated and she stayed behind. Anyway, the sith wins and kills the jedi master, but had learned something from the fighting style of the jedi in the process. It was written thusly:

"There is strength in serenity, and steel in stillness".

I love that, because its true. It's a truth that controllers/manipulator never seem to grasp. That phrase encapsulates my personal philosophy with my martial arts training, my yoga practice, pretty much any conflict now. In a state of relaxation/serenity, your power is fully available to you. Controllers are like energy vampires, using control/manipulation to GAIN the power that we(those who don't behave that way) generate naturally.
That's all I have to say.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LightsideAssassin

Wow, this was nicely said.

"Strength in serenity, steel in stillness"

I like it.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

Nicely made point. This reminds me of something I realized long ago... it's kinda funny actually but when people like to say "Eh I don't care!" "I really don't care what people think of me!" and things along those lines... well, hey, you wouldn't have to SAY IT if you really didn't care what people thought. Hello!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join