It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controlling is weakness. Relaxation is strength. The Path of Most Relief...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
People claim to be powerful just because they can force others to do something against their will. That is NOT true power. That is weakness. It is desperation. You need to control others because you are SO IMPOTENT that you can't get what you want without manipulation (the control of others).

Those with power do not need to use Lies and Manipulation to get what they want. They don't even have to use much effort - or if they do use effort it would be ease and flow not a power struggle to "make" something happen by controlling others.

Those who have TRUE power are relaxed all the time while life always deliver what they want and need.
(Some may call this "a very, very, very, very lucky person - but it is not luck it is POWER").

Those who have TRUE weakness are those who always need to lie and manipulate to get what they want because they are SO INSUFFICIENT that they need to do such things...

The Path of Most Relief will allow the power struggle to cool down so that you can be open to deliver the good stuff that life has to offer you. With so much focus on lies, control, manipulation one may delude oneself from "Truth" and actually believe that their lies are it! One may be so focused on control - that they forget to let LIFE deliver to them what they are already asking for.

What can you do to feel better in this moment?

If you are arguing.. it may be to walk away so you can clear your mind instead of staying with this anger.

If you are surrounded by liars and control-freaks... it may be to keep distance from such individuals...

If you want to be spontaneous and break patterns... it may be to not make plans and go with the moment..

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I do not agree with controlling people (at least not in all circumstances). I disagree with it being weak. To manipulate someone requires that person to allow themselves to be manipulated. The weakness would seem to be in the one being manipulated. would it not? In that scenario one person is getting what they want while the other is not. In a world full of differences "TRUE" power is not one or the other, but an equal distribution of both and the sense of knowing when to use them. Even one who is relaxed can come into contact with another that forces them to do something they didn't want to, which would seem to be life not giving them what they want.
edit on 13-3-2013 by g0dhims3lf because: removed a sentence.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

Well, if they encounter such being, the path of most RELIEF would be to get away from such controlling individuals. If that is not possible, it is to stay calm in this horrible situation.

The one who is being manipulated may not know. They may think that it is their own desire (such as mind control). The real weakness is the one who feels they need to lie and control others for to get what they want.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
People claim to be powerful just because they can force others to do something against their will. That is NOT true power. That is weakness. It is desperation. You need to control others because you are SO IMPOTENT that you can't get what you want without manipulation (the control of others).

Those with power do not need to use Lies and Manipulation to get what they want. They don't even have to use much effort - or if they do use effort it would be ease and flow not a power struggle to "make" something happen by controlling others.

Those who have TRUE power are relaxed all the time while life always deliver what they want and need.
(Some may call this "a very, very, very, very lucky person - but it is not luck it is POWER").

Those who have TRUE weakness are those who always need to lie and manipulate to get what they want because they are SO INSUFFICIENT that they need to do such things...

I totally agree. The ones who dictate and try to control are the ones who are suffering most because they are against everything, they find life is like a battle. They are insecure with the way things are and feel threatened by the content of life.
True power comes from not being affected by the content (what arises) and this happens when the container is realized.
edit on 13-3-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Brillant synopsis on the difference between those who yield true power and those who use Lies and Manipulation to get what they want. We have conversed now in threads and Pm, which of these types of people do you feel i sit in? Yu can tell me i can handle it

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

I totally agree. The ones who dictate and try to control are the ones who are suffering most because they are against everything, they find life is like a battle. They are insecure with the way things are and feel threatened by the content of life.
True power comes from not being affected by the content (what arises) and this happens when the container is realized.
edit on 13-3-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Agreed completely...I have no qualms in averring this...'resistance' is what you 'hit', by virtue of resisting...

A99

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
For one, I think there are different forms of power ,

I also think that power can lie in passivity, and in agressivity, in action and in stillness, and according to intents and purposes.

For example, in a state of conflict between two or more people, a desire to experience collective power
sometimes requires continued action- passivity and ambivalence can be counter to that motivation of bringing people together into a sense of unity and power. It soemtiems requires active and aggressive work.

In the same situation, a desire to experience individual power can mean backing out, being passive and ambivalent.

There is a reason so many people choose to retreat into introspective, submissive, or passive behaviors- it is a way of remaining soveriegn over yourself, keeping your energy to yourself. The metaphor of the king who locks himself in his castle to roll around in his gold alone applies- one delves completely in their experience of personal power.

-And if they are really good at it, they can do so despite any exterior events! Including pain or suffering being inflicted upon them physically.
This is the morale behind many of our stories and teachings on martyrism; it is also a part of S&M practices, and the popularity of the works of the Marquis de Sade long ago and "Fifty Shades of Grey" today!

Experiencing collective power can be just as exciting, and requires aggressivity, action, projection. Contrary to what some people tend to assume, people who tend to be drawn to leadership positions are often not egocentric as accused. They often have a high sense of social duty and social instincts... they just have learned that social structure and hierarchy is necessary to bring groups into cooperation and a collective power.

I just doubt there is is any end all ultimatums we can choose to live by.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

For example, in a state of conflict between two or more people, a desire to experience collective power
sometimes requires continued action- passivity and ambivalence can be counter to that motivation of bringing people together into a sense of unity and power. It soemtiems requires active and aggressive work.

Yes Oh God Yes Hoh God yes.......this is wisdom.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Yes, I am aware that power can be defined in different terms. The word "power" is less important here. The main point was someone being able to get what they want without the NEED/DESPERATION of controlling others..

I agree with you however, the some people become passive in order to keep their energy to themselves instead of resisting, and that was my point. Instead of "pushing against" anything, just easily move away from such a person or just focus and do what you DO prefer instead of fighting which you do not.

Imagine a person arguing with a person they do not like for hours. They feel anger. They feel the intensity in the head and stomach, as a form of stomach pains and headaches, when they could have ended the argument by leaving and felt better throughout that day.

When you let go of the "need" for people to "agree" with you or the "need" to control others. You keep your energy to yourself. You stay in a place of relief and just allow life to unfold while you travel on the path of much relief and allow life to deliver to you.

edit on 14-3-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I would all like to be left alone in life to do absolutely nothing and sit on my ass and watching a dvd player and never have anything to do with another human being ever again because it only leads to confrontation and them exercing their control on me. Am i justified in saying this? or am i being unrealistic and harsh.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Imagine a person arguing with a person they do not like for hours. They feel anger. They feel the intensity in the head and stomach, as a form of stomach pains and headaches, when they could have ended the argument by leaving and felt better throughout that day.

When you let go of the "need" for people to "agree" with you or the "need" to control others. You keep your energy to yourself. You stay in a place of relief and just allow life to unfold while you travel on the path of much relief and allow life to deliver to you.

That is something that can happen. But sometimes people do that kind of arguing that goes on and on and yet NOT feel anger, frustration, and all the physical aches and pain that come from that.
For example, philosophers do that- their arguments with another can go on for YEARS- and actually be with their best friends and considered some fo the most valuable interactions they ever had!

But usually that is because their aim is not to control the other, nor to get the other to agree. That will end the conversation- and the creativity. It is the opposition which stimulates each one to pour out more, to create more.
So the argument becames a source of pleasure in creativity. The person disagreeing with you become a valuable source of inspiration.

To be honest, from my personal experience (not claiming it is ultimate truth, just my current perception) the people who feel that anger and get headaches and all, usually are the ones that have trouble asserting themselves; sharing themselves, and their opinions. It is exactly that stimulation to do so which causes their discomfort. They feel that in reaction to the other person, and so assume that is what the other person intends.
That is not always true.

It can be in some cases, some people want others to agree with them, and that is usually out of a sense of social conscience too- they want everyone to just agree on something, anything, as long as we all agree.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Bluesma words are true

To be honest, from my personal experience (not claiming it is ultimate truth, just my current perception) the people who feel that anger and get headaches and all, usually are the ones that have trouble asserting themselves; sharing themselves, and their opinions. It is exactly that stimulation to do so which causes their discomfort. They feel that in reaction to the other person, and so assume that is what the other person intends.
That is not always true.

It can be in some cases, some people want others to agree with them

edit on 14-3-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by arpgme

I would all like to be left alone in life to do absolutely nothing and sit on my ass and watching a dvd player and never have anything to do with another human being ever again because it only leads to confrontation and them exercing their control on me. Am i justified in saying this? or am i being unrealistic and harsh.

LOL! Well, if that is your honest desire, than it just is! Feelings don't have to be justified.

_ AND DON'T AGREE WITH ME! Next thing you know you are going to be feeling like I am trying to control you!
Go ahead and disagree... you have that right and I don't mind. You don't even have to explain why.

edit on 14-3-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

LOL! Well, if that is your honest desire, than it just is! Feelings don't have to be justified.

Your an understand soul chicky babe Bluesma...i forgot to mention i will have a beer and watch action movies past midnight each night and i will sleep into miday,...and have a telephone near my chair so i can order pizza for dinner. When the Pizza dude comes he can leave the box at the door and ll leave themoney + tip at door.....

I will agree i wil the submissive

edit on 14-3-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Somepeople just dont have the make up to be exposed to the forces of life and we need to show empathy for such souls. I throw myself into the mercy of those forces all the time. I understand what sink and swim is and can swim. Not everyone can keep their head abover water engage with people they meet everday. They feel naturally threatened which is their natural survival mechanism working. No matter what try and remain child like.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Well-said OP! I've often likened religious arguments to this line of thinking. For instance, if I say "The sky is yellow", who argues with me? Nobody. Because what I've said is absolutely ridiculous and requires no retort.

Using the same logic, I interpret the feedback from religious folks to the declaration "There is no god up in the sky all concerned with you" to mean that they're very insecure with their belief system. Were they perfectly secure, they'd giggle at me and wonder where my doctor was.

We fight when we feel an internal struggle, and internal struggles imply a perceived weakness. Weak people control others in order to convince themselves of their own strength.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

"I will bend like a reed in the wind."
- Paul Muad'Dib

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

I can understand the reasoning though. Imagine if almost everyone thought the sky was yellow when it was clearly blue? What a creepy/crazy world that would be, I could see why one would have to explain that the sky was blue in that situation...

The same with the people that thought the earth was flat....

People just wanna believe their superstitions...

I will still debate with people but will not make it "MY" responsibility to educate anyone, nor will I get emotionally invested at such ignorance/stupidity (or at least I'll try not to). If it's too much I'll just ignore and take a break for a while...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

My strength was all absorbed by the darkness of Isis control, she is now light again, happy and relaxed.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Enjoyed the read arpgme it makes sense
in relation to Teach and Guide or Force and Control.

NAMASTE*******

<<   2 >>

join