It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Pope is elected

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDoctor46
Ok so the catholics have a new pope. So is this man going to clean up the seedy underground paedophile rings? Is he going to stop the mass cover ups what have gone on for years?.

What is there to clean up?

Most of it has already been "swept under the rug"

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

The last pope the pope of the people. Look francis up its title given for the people in despair and poor

Yep, that is what I wondered about in my previous post. I'm glad for more detail you added to this.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Just food for thought here, not saying I'm a believer in the Malachy prophecy. This is the first uniquely named Pope since the prophecy was made 420 years ago, not counting John Paul I (Who didn't have a unique name so much as he just combined two common Papal names together). Considering the often vapid and cryptic nature of prophecies in general, it is possible that the connection Malachy was seeing was more symbolic. Peter was the first pope of the church... the first Bishop of Rome. His was a unique name by default, Peter the First. Conversely, we now have Francis the First, Bishop of Rome, living embodiment of Peter according to Church Dogma.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Yes they have a selection of quality brooms over there

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina

Originally posted by rayuki
no it hasn't and that's why its so shocking. Jesuits are probably the most evil bunch of religious nut bags on the planet and have been for a very long time.

I thought Catholicism held that particular honor.

and the jesuit order are like the SS

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Do you believe that semantics can change prophecy?

Can changing a name change destiny?

Ultimately it isn't what is in a name, or what a person does in life, it is what is in the soul that matters.

Just added food for thought.

link   
Here play with this for awhile...
Bible Study
Gematria

The number thirteen and the enemy of God
The enemies of God and his people, as named in Scripture, are generally multiples of 13. The primary example of this is the great enemy himself, Satan. Although we may give the English for the sake of clearness, the Gematria (the values formed by the letters of the words themselves) are always based on the original Hebrew or Greek:

Satan, in Hebrew = 364 (13 x 28)

Satan, in Greek = 2197 (133)

"That old serpent, even Satan" = 2756 (13x212)

"Ha-Seraph" (Numbers 21:8) = 585 (13x45)

Beelzebub = 598 (13 x 46)

Belial - 78 (13x6)

Dragon (Revelation 12:9) = 975 (13 x 75)
Serpent = 780 (13x60)

Murderer = 1820 (13 x 140)

Tempter = 1053 (13x81)

The Scape-goat = 585 (13 x 45)

The Lion (Psalm 91:13) = 338 (13x26)

"As a Lion" (1Peter 5:8) = 1885 (13 x 145)

"The Power of the Enemy" (Luke 10:9) = 2509 (13 x 193)

"Your adversary, the Devil, as a roaring lion" = 6032 (13x464)

Fowler (Psalm 91:3) = 416 (13x32)

"Who is called the Devil and Satan" = 2197 (133)

"Seven Devils" = 572 (13 x 44)

"Because the Prince of this world is judged" (John 16:11) = 5577 (132x33)

"When he speaketh a lie he speaketh of his own, for he is a liar" (John 8:44) = 7072 (13x544)

The longest book name and number 13
The longest name of a Bible book, Thessalonians, is 13 characters.

Additional commentary on the Biblical Meaning of 13 *
The number thirteen is associated with rebellion and depravity and is used fifteen times in the Bible. All the names of Satan are divisible by thirteen. Nimrod, the chief rebel after the flood, was the thirteenth in the line of Ham. In their thirteenth year of servitude, the kings of the nations rebelled (Genesis 14:4). Twelve represents the government of God and thirteen represents the governments of men in rebellion against God.

edit on 13-3-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
. His was a unique name by default, Peter the First. Conversely, we now have Francis the First, Bishop of Rome, l.

That is what is annoying me.
He's not called "Peter the first"- just Peter. Since there hasn't been a second one, "the first" is not necessary.
Similarly, by all the conventions, this Pope should be calling himself just "Francis".

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
He was pretty quick to leave, huh? He barely said anything...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Do you believe that semantics can change prophecy?

Can changing a name change destiny?

Ultimately it isn't what is in a name, or what a person does in life, it is what is in the soul that matters.

Just added food for thought.

What I'm getting at is that, in the case of true prophecy, the full connection alongside the real meaning of the prophecy will always be revealed. If the Malachy writings ultimately turn out to be true prophecy, then there will be a rational connection to "Peter the Roman" in some form.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Another point to note....the Prophecy says it will be a black pope.....that is what the Superior General of the Society of Jesus is called and Jorge was in the Society of Jesus.....connect the dots....la la la

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
That is what is annoying me.
He's not called "Peter the first"- just Peter. Since there hasn't been a second one, "the first" is not necessary.
Similarly, by all the conventions, this Pope should be calling himself just "Francis".

I feel the same way about events that are advertised as "the first annual ___ " By definition, something cannot be "annual" until it has been held in consecutive years. This is why advertising agencies make so much money. Presentation will always win out over real substance. The Church is clearly painting a picture here that this Pope will be such a stand out that a future Pope will honor him by taking the name Francis II.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It is interesting to me that as the Archbishop of Buenos Aries he also served as the Ordinary for the members of the Eastern Rite Church in Argentina. Does his election as Pope signal a further reconciliation between the two Rites?

Interesting.....

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

He was the runner up last go around.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

But Pope Francis I is not called Peter...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Granted i am looking for it, but there is something about the number 13, the devil, and this event that has my curiosity peaked.

In connection to my previous post, factor this in.

Baal of the Canaanites called Satan the Devil. Baal correlates with Amun of Egypt, Ares of Greece, Mars of Rome, Marduk of Babylon – the solar calf that slowly rose into the top position, and Bel in Sumer that also uses the name Marduk. The Sumer stories of Bel are rather hidden. In the Canaanite narrative, Baal was the son of El, as with the others stories, humans perceived Baal as a son. Ares the son of Zeus is the god of war in the Greek mythology. Amun the son of Ra in Egypt is the storm god. Mars, the six-pointed star, the son of Juniper, is the storm god in Roman mythology. All these identifications are referring to Satan the Devil

March—Mars’ month

Middle English March(e)
Anglo-French March(e)
Old English Martius
Latin Martius “of Mars”
Latin Marti(s) “Mars” + -us (adj. suffix)
Latin Martius mensis “month of Mars”

Martius has always had 31 days. (13 reversed)

March was the original beginning of the year, and the time for the resumption of war.

Mars is the Roman god of war. He is identified with the Greek god Ares.

Thats alot of 13 for one new pope isn't it?
edit on 13-3-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Really? 31 reversed?

Goodness almighty - people cannot come to terms with the fact that 7 billion humans exist, on their own, in this cold dark and unknown universe with no guiding supernatural hand.

edit on 3/13/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I'm VERY HAPPY with the pick.

The Cardinals literally picked a pope from a place as far away from Rome as they could possibly get. And the pope took the name 'Francis' ... after the saint who, in his day, brought the Catholic church back from the brink of destruction. It was in dire condition due to corruption and Francis, through prayerful holiness, who got it back on course.

Excellent choice for pope ... excellent name (and therefore excellent direction for the church).

Definately hopeful ! He'll be cleaning house and getting back to the spiritual roots :up

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens

Goodness almighty - people cannot come to terms with the fact that 7 billion humans exist, on their own, in this cold dark and unknown universe with no guiding supernatural hand.

7 billion humans on a tiny speck near a star in a remote area of an outer strand of a spiral galaxy containing hundreds of billions of stars, in a universe of hundreds of billions of galaxies.... A universe that began from nothing, a void that physics cannot explain, only theorize and call it a "big bang" ... The essence of creation still escapes you?

Stay tuned, your faith will soon be tested...

edit on 13-3-2013 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

Yea the 4+ billion people that regularly practice some sort of faith based religion, most of which having been in existence for hundreds if not thousands of years, are the foolish and empty ones.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join