It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHITE SMOKE!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

It REALLY makes me wonder if they are gonna ignore the "Peter the Roman" thing too then. OR... Creepier yet... Is it on purpose????

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
My money's on an old white man who isn't keen on modernisation.

Still, the Pope is an important figure to a lot of people - so lets hope they've chosen wisely.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Another king to seat in the Vatican, well nothing new to see here, Jesus and God should be so proud of how humanity chose their religious idols

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It could very well be this guy.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just saying

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
if any one want too watch it live www.nbcnews.com... no name as of yet, will be listening in.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
sorry but is he black or not ?

because if he is black...

run for the hillssssssss

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Piper96
I'm not a numerology freak, but I'm gonna point out a kinda bizarre coincidence here... Elected on 3/13/13 at 7:06 (7+6=13) kinda creepy. Just sayin... 7:06 was the local time at the Vatican btw...
edit on 13-3-2013 by Piper96 because: (no reason given)

Wow thats a great find! I wonder which cardinal won though loooks like ill find out when I get home

CX

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

History in the making - what a rush...
peace

I wish it were the case for me. For me, it's hard to get excited.

If the new pope were to walk out onto the balcony.....unaided....and say that his first tasks were to clear the filth from his house, and to share the combined wealth of the Vatican and the RC church among the poor in the world....then i'd sit up and pay attention.

Chances of that happening? About the same as me cooking a roast dinner without the same amount of white smoke coming from my cooker!

He's going to need to borrow the Lord's industrial sized dustpan and brush to clear up the mess that place is in.

CX.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by anoncoholic

My bet is the Cardinal from Brazil, Cardinal Odilo Pedro Scherer because he has a german name, the last secret of fatima connects very clearly with Rio, and the next olympics are in Brazil...

Your bet?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
As a non-Catholic, I congratulate the Catholics here on ATS and around the world for getting a new Pope. I wish much expediency upon you and hope this Pope will make the due repairs to the Catholic church, of the wounds it has sustained in past years.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KingIcarus

Sadly, that's the most likely scenario given the quick vote.
I too hope that they truly had the Holy Spirit in their midst while deliberating.

link   
Added note while we wait...

A Canale 5 news reporter is moving through the crowd at the Sistine Chapel asking the people waiting - under their umbrellas on this cold rainy night - where they're from and who they hope becomes the new Pope.

I didn't pay much attention until I heard a voice from home - the newscaster asking a man from North Carolina if he's enjoying himself?

Mr. America: Oh yes, we're enjoying ourselves.
Newscaster: And do you hope the new Papa is an American?
Mr. America: Not particularly.

I bust out laughing. And well, the newscaster moved right along.

peace

edit on 13-3-2013 by silo13 because: *still laughing*

link   
Here is the CBS live stream www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

Live coverage there @ the guardian err, via ustream.

Angelo Scola or Odilo Scherer

edit on 13-3-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Armadall it was St. Malachy. Anxious to see what this guy will be called and what his name is

link   
Per Drudge, could the new Popa be Angelo Scala?

www.washingtonpost.com... 98d9-3012c1cd8d1e_story.html

We will learn within the hour! History in the making!

link   

Originally posted by Melyanna
reply to post by anoncoholic

My bet is the Cardinal from Brazil, Cardinal Odilo Pedro Scherer because he has a german name, the last secret of fatima connects very clearly with Rio, and the next olympics are in Brazil...

Your bet?

My "guess" is that rabbit hole will never be probed

Interesting connection of the dots you make here... might be a factor, but the last secret was supposed to be unveiled in 1962 and the 1958 conclave was probably the most controversial ever having both white then black smoke but you guys already knew that

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Mr. America: Oh yes, we're enjoying ourselves.
Newscaster: And do you hope the new Papa is an American?
Mr. America: Not particularly.

I bust out laughing. And well, the newscaster moved right along.

peace

I don't think anyone wants that. We Americans have big enough heads already.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
This is really strange...i'm watching a local show and suddenly the cable switched on to radio broadcast a pope has finally been choosen. And i can't get any other channel!!

I kept asking BoS on his thread what 13th March means and so far he hasn't replied to me but with this coincidence plus the cable switching by itself to a radio broadcast and i just checked my neighbours cable signal if he had the same problem as mine, now this is creepy...his cable is normal. It's only mine that is on radio.....jeeezzz...if the pope that will appear is a Filipino...double jeeezzz....a guy i know predicted it also....
edit on 13-3-2013 by marhaba because: added.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I wish it were the case for me. For me, it's hard to get excited.

If the new pope were to walk out onto the balcony.....unaided....and say that his first tasks were to clear the filth from his house, and to share the combined wealth of the Vatican and the RC church among the poor in the world....then i'd sit up and pay attention.

Oh! I agreeeeeee! But I didn't say it was 'good history' or 'bad' - I just said it's in the making!
peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join