It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHITE SMOKE!!!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hundroid
The complete name of S.Francesco d'Assisi whom Pope's name refers to is Francesco Giovanni di Pietro Bernardone

it.m.wikipedia.org...'Assisi

Curious enough to deserve a post...

Pope Francis took his name after Francis Xavier not Francis of Assisi

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Nope. No African Pope this time around.

I bet the Breakdance Obamas are disappointed.

They say Cardinal Wilfred Napier was high on the list in the Vegas odds.

Better luck next time...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

Just think, if we had an USA Cardinal Pick for Pope he probably would take a name like: Pope Billy the first:-)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by testing123

TV news is saying it is after Francis of Assisi. ...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

It's after Francis Xavier one of the first 7 Jesuits.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

The complete name of S.Francesco d'Assisi whom Pope's name refers to is Francesco Giovanni di Pietro Bernardone

Correction: Pietro Bernardone dei Moriconi, was his father a rich cloth merchant, and his mother's name was Pica Bourlemont. Francis' real name is Giovanni Francesco Bernardone which translated to English would be John Francis Bernardone.

The version you posted is like saying Francis, son of Pietro Bernardone.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by testing123

on what is bases your claim? the italian main news site www.repubblica.it reports that "cardinale Dolan: "Ha scelto il nome per San Francesco d'Assisi, occuparsi dei poveri e degli umili sarà il suo lavoro". "

Quick translation (I'm Italian): Cardinal Dolan says he chose the name for S.Francesco d'Assisi, his work will be to take care of the poor and humble people

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

Yet the complete name is what I posted....

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

No. It's not.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnholyBones
Yes sir, white smoke and a new pope has accepted.

Now, who will be appearing from the curtains on the window & which names has
this pope taken?

We wait.

As our new Pope, Cardinal Bergoglio of Argentina, a Jesuit, approaches the window to greet his fellow man, he announces that he will take the name of Pope Francis the First.

Quoted from Blupblup on Page 6:

First Latin American Pope.
First Non-European in over 1000 years.
First Jesuit.
First to introduce a new name.

edit on 3/13/2013 by UnholyBones because: Naming the new Pope

About time he is not a european. Lets hope he is more liberal or progressive than the other "tyrants".

There is no reason to tolerate child molestation and ban divorces. And something needs to be done about the high level of homosexuality within the catholic priest hierarchy. Allowing priests to marry would not encourage all the homosexuals to seek refuge within catholicism. Being gay is ok as long as you respect other people and do not assault them. Consent is necessary!

I am not a catholic so I am not familiar with all their issues. My knowledge is based on hearsay from people and the news. I am probably asking too much from them, much like asking a mason to stop being so secret about what he practices in his lodge. Whatever!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

It's after Francis Xavier one of the first 7 Jesuits.

Not according to ALL released information.

Interesting, indeed! Another source for that:

Britannica link

Most curious.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

on what is bases your claim? the italian main news site www.repubblica.it reports that "cardinale Dolan: "Ha scelto il nome per San Francesco d'Assisi, occuparsi dei poveri e degli umili sarà il suo lavoro". "

Quick translation (I'm Italian): Cardinal Dolan says he chose the name for S.Francesco d'Assisi, his work will be to take care of the poor and humble people

Yes, according to the Vatican itself he named himself after St. Francis d'Assisi, which is nice, considering the animal lover Saint who is usually pictured with birds on his arms (remember those two seagulls "awaiting" the white smoke?). Maybe he meant it as a shadow homage to the other Francis as well, but choose it for F. Assisi in particular.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
nevermind
edit on 13-3-2013 by arielsdad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
And since everyone forgot the papal prediction thread, I "predicted" there (hand me the envelope) that the pope would be Canadian (wrong, wa wa wa), but would choose a name never used before (ding ding ding) and ,either there or on another thread, would choose a name which sounded like a woman's name (ding ding ding).

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Dang it! And I sent them all a nice fruit basket, too.

I really thought I had this one wrapped up. "Pope Fat". It has a ring to it.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Having Chris Mathews doing "spin" on the new Pope is like having Paris Hilton doing an insight on a Nobel Laureate in Physics!

Roflmao!

OMG, beezzer, you win.
You so win the Nobel Prize for Da Truth. Wish I could shake your hand and/or give you a giant bear hug right now. Thank you for making me laugh so.

On topic: I think given the fact that the Vatican (like it or not) is a political force with global reach, it behooves us all to care who is elected as Pope. Just like when any other global political power shift occurs. We the citizens of the planet Earth, have a horrible record of not properly vetting the fox before we invite him in to the chicken coop.

And I have an uneasy feeling in my stomach that this pope is going to be a big deal.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc
i cant believe they elected a pope on 3/13/13. These Illuminati fools are OBSESSED with numerology

Hi there,

3 is a holy number, 3 like the Blessed Trinity. One of Mary's numbers is 13, the miracle of the Sun at Fatima
took place on the 13th.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join