It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Redskins Lose - Kerry Wins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Well, it's official. The Washington Redskins lose, which is good news for Kerry supporters. The past election winners have been accurately predicted by the Washington Redskins game that preceded the elections since 1936. During the last 15 elections, when the Washington Redskins have lost their last home game prior to the election, the incumbent party has lost the White House. When they have won, the incumbent has stayed in power.

This Sunday, Washington lost to the Greenbay Packers. Looks like we will not have 4 more years.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Not so fast my friend, Sports traditions are broke this year, Boston beat the Yankee's and the Cardinals, 86 years of tradition broken, Maryland beats FSU, 14 year tradition broke, FSU, Miami, and FLA all lost on Saturday, 1st time ever, tradition broke, Bush wins come wenesday.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
You are both being superstitious.

I just read the tea leaves and they said . . .

*crash* . . . *tinkle* *tinkle* *tinkle*

d*mn that cat anyway!

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Just to make it perfectly clear...I don't beleive in this...it's meant to be a silly conversation peice. Of course this won't accurately predict the winner. It's just an interesting coincidence.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I don't believe it either, I was doing my Mike Golic impression in my post, ha ha, If you use these things as your basis on who's going to win, then you will be sadly disappointed.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
THE RED SOX WON...and the
THE RED SKINS LOSE....but BUSH STILL KEEPS HIS THRONE!!!

00PS

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Of course Frau Bush keeps the throne, its easy when you have enough money, connections and of course the home turf advantage. Its not like any of us (democrats, lp, green and others) had any real illusions as to who was going to win.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
As a die hard Packer fan I couldn't root for the Redskins even though I knew of this fun lil superstition.

It's time for another myth to be busted

[edit on 1-11-2004 by LostSailor]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
LOL...

Better check the "weekly reader" poll..
Wonder who has more "pull" the Kids, or the Skins?

Weekly reader Kids Vote

[edit on 1-11-2004 by spacedoubt]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Yep. The other superstitious indicators say G.W. will win.
The Weekly Readers poll ... and that womans magazine that
does the cookie bake off. Both came up with a Bush win.

The only poll that REALLY matters is the one tomorrow!
(Nov 2). THAT poll is the one I'm interested in.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I don't know if it is the Redskins effect or not but my bookie now has Bush at 60% chance of winning down from 62% and Kerry up to 48% from 46%. Hopefully this will help Bush down to 55% or so in the betting when I will back him to win. Either way I can't lose......if Bush wins I collect $$$$ and if Kerry wins I am relieved big time hehe.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Presedential Halloween masks also have accurately predicted the winner for however long... Last I heard, there were a lot more Bush masks being sold.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Yep. The other superstitious indicators say G.W. will win.
The Weekly Readers poll ... and that womans magazine that
does the cookie bake off. Both came up with a Bush win.

The only poll that REALLY matters is the one tomorrow!
(Nov 2). THAT poll is the one I'm interested in.

Unfortunately, we still won't know nothing tomorrow. Neither party will concede to on another no matter who is projected the winner. The army of lawyers will see to that.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Great not only did my football team lose again, Kerry supporters are going nuts. I don't believe in these kings, the Redsox did'nt win all those years not because of some curse its because the teams sucked. And hey one sports "curse" was broken so whose to say this one may not be?

We'll find out tommorrow night.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I think the whole question of the Redskins winning or losing the game was just a media hype tool, to sell the game and kerry.

I can imagine someone pouring over football stats to find a team and game that would "predict" an upset for their political opponent this year:

In election years in even numbered decades, the incumbent lost when the cowboys had kicked fewer successful field goals than the steelers in the pre-season. . . .

new topics

top topics

join