It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Stream of Stuebenville Rape Trial (If you are interested)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Live Stream of Stuebenville Rape Trial (If you are interested)

www.cleveland.com

Watch live streaming video from the Steubenville rape trial using the player below, courtesy WKYC.com.

Note: You are watching the live pool feed provided by CNN. Live stream not available when court is not in session or judge has ordered the camera to be turned off. Video may not be available on some mobile devices.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cleveland.com

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I have seen the video of this poor girl who was roofied, or whatever, and it is just disgusting. What is worse is the way the town tried to protect the assailants all in the name of high school football.

I thought that some ATS members might want to watch. Right now a particular witness does not want to be photographed so the screen is black and states streaming will resume again shortly.

I have included a link to the Cleveland Plain Dealer that is giving updates as well for those that can't watch video.

www.cleveland.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The latest snippet from The Plain Dealer:

STEUBENVILLE, Ohio — The rape trial of two Steubenville High School football players went into recess earlier as the judge considers whether some evidence is admissible.

By early this afternoon, however, opening statements had begun and could be watched, livestreamed on cleveland.com

Around 11 a.m. Judge Thomas Lipps briefly came into packed courtroom and attorneys for both teen boys withdrew their motions to dismiss the case.

Most Recent Update

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Excellent find
Many thanks

SnF

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
We really need some sort of eye for an eye system.

Let's see how much these cocky football players like a taste of their own medicine... if convicted of course.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this

I have been following this case since it first appeared on ATS...mostly following the local bloggers as of late though.

What a mess this case has been....I have a feeling though, that justice will not be adequately served...especially since it was moved to a juvenile court and the kidnapping charges were dropped.

Not to mention the 3 witnesses that were given some sort of immunity for their testimony even though they were actively involved in the events that transpired that night.

This whole thing is just disgusting.

That town is so corrupt....there is no way to convince me that there was not a massive cover-up through this whole saga. All to protect a bunch of immoral jocks and the beloved football program....oh, and I forgot to mention, Jane Hanlin's (prosecuting atty) own son and her reputation since one of the parties was at her home that night.

edit on 13-3-2013 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I've been watching since it started this morning....I wonder if any of the witnesses opted to be recorded? I understand the juveniles being able to opt out to protect their identity but, do you know if all witnesses were given that option?

Are you from around that area?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Bacardi

Sadly, the worst they will get is time in juvie until they turn 21....then all is forgiven.

The only good thing that will come from being found guilty is that their football careers will be over. I guess it's something.

I noticed in the opening statements that they have DNA evidence againse Trent Mays....granted it was found on a blanket that both he and the victim used but, it's something concrete.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Steubenville rape trial: Prosecution says defendants knew girl was impaired

STEUBENVILLE, Ohio — Two teen boys knew a 16-year-old girl was too impaired by alcohol to consent to sex, and they took advantage by engaging in a pattern of degradation that continued through the night, a prosecuting attorney said during the opening arguments of the Steubenville rape case trial. snip

Prosecutor Marianne Hemmeter, who is with the Ohio Attorney General's Office, said the girl was seen vomiting and unable to stand after drinking, and at times was motionless on the floor and ground.

More if you can stand it...

Update

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I don't know what happened to my OP???
Just trying to find it so I can see the other posts.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bacardi
We really need some sort of eye for an eye system.

Let's see how much these cocky football players like a taste of their own medicine... if convicted of course.

That's what I think!
I think the people of America should open public square in every city and put it to good use. Any murderer, rapist, child molestor --upon conviction should be taken out into public square for all the world to see, and hang them. Hang ten at a time. No more prisons. Just hard labor camps. If someone is a repeat offender, then on the tenth time of their conviction of any lesser crimes, they shall be deemed not fit for society or this earth and be hanged by the neck until death occurs. Lets make the world a better place, shall we.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I just read the update you posted. At least they will have to register as sex offenders if found guilty.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

It should be in listed in 'myATS' at the top toolbar.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

I am so sorry, I couldn't find my OP. A mod switched to another forum.

No, I am not from the area. Just an outraged human being

Thanks for the kudos

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Oh, I see what you mean now....that has happened to me before as well.

I tuned into the live stream this morning and only watched a few minutes before they closed the feed for another witness.

On one of the local blogs, I read that the tension is mounting to a point where the good 'ol boys from WV are threatening to cross the bridge into stuebenville and take matters into their own hands.

I'm not sure how valid the source is but, I certainly do not think that is the way to go. Although, I can see where their frustrations can get the best of them.

This whole thing was handled very poorly all around.

top topics

join