It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatens 'Merciless' Retaliation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
See here:
www.nytimes.com -
In Latest Insult, North Korea Targets South Korean Leader’s Dress...

North Korea on Wednesday made its first direct personal attack on South Korea’s first female president since her inauguration two weeks ago, blaming rising tensions on the Korean Peninsula on her “venomous swish of skirt.”

Nobody has mentioned that South Korea has its first female president.
en.wikipedia.org - Park Geun-hye...

In 1953, her family moved to Seoul and she graduated from Seoul's Jangchung Elementary School and Sungshim (literal: Sacred Heart) Girls' Middle & High School in 1970, going on to receive a bachelor's degree in electronic engineering from Sogang University in 1974. She also briefly studied at the University of Grenoble, but left France following the death of her mother.

Park received honorary doctoral degrees from the Chinese Culture University, in Taiwan in 1987; Pukyong National University and KAIST in 2008; and Sogang University in 2010.

They're intimidated by her education. Education is their enemy. Must stop.

She's a tough cookie and not to be confused:

During the campaign on 20 May 2006, Ji Chung-ho, a 50-year-old criminal with eight previous convictions, slashed Park's face with a utility knife, causing an 11-centimeter wound on her face, requiring 60 stitches and several hours of surgery.[11][12] A famous anecdote from this incident occurred when Park was hospitalized after the attack. The first word that she said to her secretary after her recovery from her wound was "How is Daejeon?"

But, uh oh, she wants to work with the US:

On 12 February 2007, Park made a much-publicized visit to Harvard University, in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States. Her visit culminated in an address to a packed audience at the Kennedy School of Government, where she said she wanted to "save" Korea and advocated a stronger relationship between South Korea and the United States.

See below:
www.thecrimson.com - Politician Wants To ‘Save’ Korea...

Maybe North Korea is testing the waters and seeing what they can get away with. I have a feeling that if they start something they won't like what they get in return. Park Geun-hye has advocated a policy of working with N Korea based on its actions. If N Korea is nice, play nice. If not, play hard. She believes this is a balanced approach and that it's a departure from the past.
edit on 13-3-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Destruction!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
you know little kimmy whine whine, as far as i'm concerned has crossed the line awhile ago with all his threats.sure NK has always done a lot of this but how can we tell if and when it is serious? the old "crying wolf thing.

in a lot of places the way the laws are set up, just a "death threat", is enough to have someone "criminally charged" even when they have done nothing towards carrying out that threat. this is done at least partially as a precaution that they "might" carry out their threats. why is that not carried through into international law?

with the seemingly daily increase of threats from North Korea, i would think it is past time for the UN to tell North Korea to publicly put the cease fire back and stop all of this nonsense or FACE ATTACK. put up or shut up. sanctions are apparently not working with them (is there even anything left to sanction them with?). that really only leaves open warfare as a deterrent. i would think that the is more than enough threats from them for a "preemptive strike" to protect those they are threatening. or little kimmy can back down HIS CHOICE.

after all one of the purposes of the UN is to

The Purposes of the United Nations are[1] To maintain international peace and security, to take effective collective measures for the prevention and removal of threats to the peace, and for the suppression of acts of aggression or other breaches of the peace, and to bring about by peaceful means, and in conformity with the principles of justice and international law, adjustment or settlement of international disputes or situations which might lead to a breach of the peace;
en.wikipedia.org...

" prevention and removal of threats to the peace, and for the suppression of acts of aggression" this seems to be what the UN is supposed to be for. and threats ARE an "act of aggression"

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miracula
Destruction!

Did you mean distraction?

Any overt hostilities, either initiated or attempted by North Korea on the south, or US assets/interests/troops would be suicidal for the North.... They damned well know it.

So, enjoy the show... It's what is likely going on behind the scenes, including the involvement of at least one key ally of NK, that, as well as their joint motives that could prove to be more than just "entertainment"

Still, it's a good show so far, fair theatrical presentation, great distraction.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The nut didn't fall far from the tree. I guess son is as nutty as daddy.

They seem to want war and to be invaded by America. The U.S. gov allows this to go on but is more determined to attack Iran? Doesn't that say it all. China needs to take care of their little problem before we do it for them. I always wondered if maybe China encourages NK to do these things. Why can't everybody just live in peace?

I also think that it's a dangerous game that Dennis Rodman is playing. NK could kill him to make a statement to the world. I think that is what will happen. There's something wrong with Kim and his panel. These are obviously mad men with power.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ausername

Originally posted by QUANTUMGR4V17Y
I'm fairly sure they've made it clear that these sanctions being placed upon them are the main contributor to their hostility at this time.

Unfortunately the sanctions have done more to harm the starving people of North Korea than the regime.

If it is beginning to hurt the regime, the pain for the well hidden starving people of NK must be unimaginably severe now...

With the military first rule they have, the rice we sent them last time went to feed the army and not the people. The new sanctions is stopping the few rich people in that country from getting luxory goods. This doesn't hurt the poor in that country, only the rich and now they are really upset.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
He seems determined to live a short life.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
yea, whatever...

I am no longer listening to this bullcrap.. Because that is all it is Bullcrap.. North Korea is nothing but a trash talking punk, like one of those little dogs that just barks but does not dare bite a big dog

I would not worry about it, 72 hours ago, the USA was threatened with nuclear war and an invasion...

That was bullcrap and so is this...

Even when they do attack they will get the snot beat out of them, and beg almost all at once for us to stop, yet we will not, we will take that damn country....

So I am guessing once this idiot finally does what he is saying he will do the sooner the better for the people, we will just annex another country on this Planet...
edit on 13-3-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rjbaggins

I went to school with him .He eats triple cheeseburgers, Wears old spice and likes men!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Not sure North Korea realizes what they would get themselves into if they attacked someone... they would be tossed back to the stone age.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Merciless... *writes that down*.....

Ok, keep giving us those amazingly creative words UUUnnnnnn...der the boardwalk, under the seeeaaaaa..

Use 'Obliterate' in a sentence!! pleaseeee!! lol.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pharyax

Use 'Obliterate' in a sentence!! pleaseeee!! lol.

Oh I am sure they have. After all they are world's super power.
/sarcasm

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Do we really need to start another thread about Mr un. The only reason behind him shooting his mouth off, is all he wants is to stare at his pork chop face on cnn. Wake me up when something really happens.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
What's sad, is this psychotic leader is willing to exchange a few minutes of euphoria in his own mind, for the sacrificed lives of innocent North Koreans. I have to wonder if he's distraught about losing his father, and he's planning the unthinkable just to join him in hell? Maybe he feels like it's his last hurrah?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Thanks for bringing another saturation dumb down thread about another Evil Empire and Bad President with WMD...

Ya - Hoooooooo!

No kidding, this is the same old story over and over with the same old responses.

The only reason the North is so militarized is because we wiped out 3 million of their citizens..

Who would forget that??
Would that make you less inclined to become militarized or would you put up your defenses and rhetoric even more...

One Empire telling another (China) to be quiet with the people on both sides equally clueless..

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by expatwhite

North Korea has confirmed it has pulled out of an armistice with its "enemies" and added the next step was an act of "merciless" military retaliation.

With what? Missiles that fall to pieces just after launch, just like last year?
edit on 13-3-2013 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
NK wants to be beaten so it can apply for international aid.
So the rest of the world can feed its citizens

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Beartracker16

Didn't you know that the US already aids NK's citizens?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by expatwhite

I wish they would step up or shut up/ this constant
verbal is exhausting!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
What the hell did Dennis Rodman tell these idiots, to get them so wound up? Rodman goes to NK ........ NK loses plot entirely. Coincidence?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join