Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Oklahoma Mum 'Tried To Sell Kids On Facebook'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Obviously the mistake is that she thought facebook was for selling things...
Ebay is where you sell your kids!! Or if they are a bargain discount and you don't feel like dealing with shipping crates, then craigslist.

people are so loony. *shakes head*
edit on 13-3-2013 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It really isn't a new low. If you think that is the worse that has been done to children then I feel sorry for you.

If I look hard enough I can find events from the city I live in over the past year that are worse.
Hell look at the events around the Sylvia Likens story which got some attention from the An American Crime and The Girl Next Door movies plus the Jack Ketchum book.
True invents that happened in the 60s and were way worse then trying to sell a child on Facebook for anything.

Horrible, evil people were on this planet at the dawn of time, they are here now , will be here when the world ends and have been everywhere in between.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
With a bit of persistence and good fortune, she’ll have her children taken from her (for free, actually she’ll probably have to pay a big fine or serve some jail time) and given to a family who would care for them. Irony.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
that's pretty much all I could muster other than this woman should definitely be takin out back and beaten with the club. But seriously is this what we are becoming next thing you're gonna hear about is a person trying to sell their grandparents to pay rent. I could see it now "Looking for a professional channel changer and automatic quiltmaker?,Look no further with just an easy payment of ___(fill in the blank) it could be all yours!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
This saddens me greatly.

For years, my husband and I have tried a plethora of fertility treatments. No luck. We are looking into adoption but its pricey, too.

I would gladly take these children and give them a loving home.

The world is backwards. Excuse me while I have a good cry.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I wouldn't call this a new low in humans, however the stupidity of this person is incredible.

If your first thought is to sell your children so you can get bail money, then you either can't be in your right mind, or you really are crazy in thinking that you could do that, on facebook, and no one would call the police on you.

Certainly a sad story. Without saying, this women does not deserve her children after such a display and I am sure that those children will be taken away from her and be placed in a much more loving family environment where nothing ridiculous like that will happen to them again.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Its just crazy. I would not sell my dog for fear that someone would abuse her. To sell your child? Stupid unthinking selfish trashy person.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
You can sell your kids?

Awesome. I'll try Ebay too.

(I came back to edit to remind people that was a joke because I know there is a percentage on ATS that cannot tell the difference and get offended at a full stop.)

edit on 13-3-2013 by pacifier2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

She could have at least asked for a pack of crackers to be thrown in on the deal......

Man $1,000.......You can barely pay for a house FOR A MONTH with that anymore!!

Barely for a month! Over here that wouldn't even be two weeks of a mortgage payment for a basic entry level house!

On topic - I thought this story was going to be an over the top PC situation, like a woman put "for sale, 2 kids, who are driving mom mad" etc etc and someone took it too seriously and reported it - but I can't believe she LITERALLY attempted to sell her kids!

What a disgusting human being. Those kids are much better off without her, and her scummy 'boyfriend'.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Laughing at all of you who find this just abhorrent! This isn't new. Obviously the black market for kids is not the way to go, but how many parents are out there waiting desperately on adoption lists?

So a mother can give her child away (adoption) and be a hero, but God forbid she tries getting a measly $1000 she's a monster?

For those that fail to look at the bigger picture, there's not much difference except red tape.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Be thankful it wasn't on craiglist.

Hmm, maybe they should check to see if she put ad there too.

Some people.

No words.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

Yeah, that's true too with those adoption agencies. I guess it's no different if the parent meets the parent.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Exactly. I don't see anything wrong with attempting to get a buck in exchange for her kids. Would it be better if she just advertised she was giving them away? Either way she is not in the position to care for them or doesn't want to. Either way the kids will go to complete strangers. Either way they'll feel unwanted by their biological mother. So why do the circumstances matter? They probably would have been better off sold as a combo. Now they'll probably be separated and spend years in the system. And even if they do get adopted the state will spend way more on them in the meantime than what the mother was asking.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
the price was pretty cheap, missed opportunity.
good deals are pretty rare these days.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Anything to avoid getting a job right?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by mideast

I was trying some days ago to define Materialism.

I think she can do it best.

Selling her kids in the hopes that it will lead to a happy life with her boyfriend is actually a form of Idealism, the opposite of materialism.
edit on 13-3-2013 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

Then how idealism come from cutting her ties with her children ? how is that ideal ?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Too many women willing to sell, kill, or abandon their kids in order to stay on the pole. Too bad the kids pay for their mothers' low self-esteem.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

Exactly. I don't see anything wrong with attempting to get a buck in exchange for her kids. Would it be better if she just advertised she was giving them away? Either way she is not in the position to care for them or doesn't want to. Either way the kids will go to complete strangers. Either way they'll feel unwanted by their biological mother. So why do the circumstances matter? They probably would have been better off sold as a combo. Now they'll probably be separated and spend years in the system. And even if they do get adopted the state will spend way more on them in the meantime than what the mother was asking.

I didn't say it was right or wrong. I'm just thinking that the same people who cry she is a monster and want her burned at the stake are probably the same ones who empathize with the plight of that same mother who gives her kids up for adoption.

We have a weird way of looking at things sometimes.

Locally, within the span of a few months, there was a girl who gave birth in a Wal-Mart bathroom and left her baby in the toilet. Luckily an employee found the child and it survived.

Another girl left a newborn baby on a strangers doorstep in -20 below temp. Luckily there was someone home.

Neither women spent any time in custody.

Had they just given the children up for adoption, they would have been lauded as saints.

I'll never understand the motivations of these kind of people.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I don't understand why people have kids if they don't want them. Makes no sense. I'm curious, do they just want enjoy the labor pains of birth? I know one who had 4 and gave every single one of them up. Then you wonder why it's a good idea to have a license to bear children. Heck, it's almost like driving.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Hopefully the kids end up somewhere they can be happy. I could never put a price on a child and I can't get my head around people that do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join