Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Oklahoma Mum 'Tried To Sell Kids On Facebook'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This is a new low in Humans!! I can't understand how someone could get so desperate that they have the need to sell one of their children to bail out their boyfriend!!

Wow!

Would you do this with your child for the love of your partner?

I don't have any children but if I did, i'm pretty sure I wouldn't use them like this to get my girlfriend out on bail!!

A young mum has been accused of trying to sell her children on Facebook to bail her boyfriend out of jail.

Police in Sallisaw, Oklahoma said Misty VanHorn contacted a potential buyer via the social networking site.

They said the 22-year-old mother was looking to get $1,000 (£670) for her two-year-old, or $4,000 (£2,680) for the toddler and her 10-month-old baby.

Some of the article above.... link below:

news.sky.com...
edit on 13-3-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I was trying some days ago to define Materialism.

I think she can do it best.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I was thinking of a Cheeky comment to make , and couldn't get back the Disgust I felt reading the Op and watching the Video.

I have no words to discribe my Contempt for this POS .

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Wait, those kids belong to the United States government, what makes her thing she can get away with selling property that doesn't even belong to her?

The gall!

They would have probably been better off anyway.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This is absolutely disgusting...

The sad thing is that these children will most likely be placed in foster care and prescribed a cocktail of different drugs since thats' what usually happens unless these kids are lucky enough to have a relative to take them in.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
So, she obviously wants to get rid of the children, and she managed to do so, without making money and going to jail herself.
This woman should never get those children back, but being raised by the state is not going to be good for them either.

Unfortunately, as soon as she gets out, she'll get them back.

Those poor babies!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
We can't evolve too long with stories like this coming up...makes me sick to share a planet with these heartless creatures.

tsk tsk

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I don't know which I'd be more pissed off about when I grew up and learned what 'dear 'ol mom' did. Would it be worse that she tried to peddle her own kids like used furniture ...or is it worse that she thinks THAT little of them on price?!

I mean, I know Midwestern white kids with white trash heritage aren't the most valuable thing on the market these days...but $1,000? Hey mom, I'd feel REAL offended to be thought of THAT cheap!

(The "2 for" deal of $2,000 each on the package is just wrong.... She has no sense of value.
)
edit on 13-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
At first I was shocked, then I noticed she was from Oklahoma.

I'm surprised she wasn't going to throw in a free crossbow to sweeten the deal.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Unbelievable.

I feel so sorry for those poor children.

I could never, ever in a million years even begin to think such thoughts about my little guys.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

I was trying some days ago to define Materialism.

I think she can do it best.

Selling her kids in the hopes that it will lead to a happy life with her boyfriend is actually a form of Idealism, the opposite of materialism.
edit on 13-3-2013 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Hey who knows, someone may have seen that and wanted to rescue the kids from this monster
Either way they wont belong to her anymore after this, at least one could hope.

edit on 13-3-2013 by RooskiZombi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
As a parent of two myself, I can't wrap my head around this story.

This woman obviously does not care about these children...at least not as much as she does her beloved boyfriend who is locked up behind bars (there's a real catch for ya)

My heart aches for those children and the horrible future that likely lies ahead of them.

The mother is supposed to have the nuturing loving role in raising children....how awful it will be for them to learn someday that their mother just didn't have that for them.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I don't know which I'd be more pissed off about when I grew up and learned what 'dear 'ol mom' did. Would it be worse that she tried to peddle her own kids like used furniture ...or is it worse that she thinks THAT little of them on price?!

I mean, I know Midwestern white kids with white trash heritage aren't the most valuable thing on the market these days...but $1,000? Hey mom, I'd feel REAL offended to be thought of THAT cheap!

(The "2 for" deal of $2,000 each on the package is just wrong.... She has no sense of value.
)
edit on 13-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

good on you for going down that route, opens the door for me with out me feeling (quite) so crass

obvs, she could have got waaaay more for them and really undersold the deal, though if the crossbow mentioned above was a really good one, i am perhaps being overly critical.

however, i'm sure you could buy a decent pig for for about £500 (whats that in dollars? about $700? not sure).

now of course there is more meat on a pig (mind you, with obesety rates as they are, and if the kid hasnt seen much sunlight then it will have a veal-like texture.......), but the advantages of having a child present when begging are considerable, and if you go to the country where people still use hearth for heating, i reckon there could be a nice sideline in chimney sweeping too. i could go on but do have some taste and decorum, so i will leave it at that.

so it's one and a half pigs to a child? this exchange rate may seem immoral, but when TSHTF, we'll be glad of such information

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It's usually stories like this make me think that hell is too comfy.
By the way,anyone got any leads on whether or not Satan is hiring? I could spoof up the place.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Szarekh

You're right....

What has happened to the Human Race?

It is sinking further and further to lower depths!
edit on 13-3-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

She could have at least asked for a pack of crackers to be thrown in on the deal......

Man $1,000.......You can barely pay for a house FOR A MONTH with that anymore!!

Who in their right mind would think to sell their kids anyways? She must not be very attractive or she could have got that cool G all by herself, if ya know what I mean?

ETA: I just saw her picture and I take back that last statement!! She would have had to do that about 1,000 times for that G......
edit on 3/13/2013 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
When my kids were teens, I heard about people selling their kids. I used to tease them saying " I can't even pay people to take you kids". Of course I was only joking...or was I?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by w8tn4it
When my kids were teens, I heard about people selling their kids. I used to tease them saying " I can't even pay people to take you kids". Of course I was only joking...or was I?

never, never joke about such things

you may miss out on a good deal

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
You're not a parent if you don't value your child/children's lives above your own.
Wonder if she would give you a dollar amount on her own head? Wonder if she would do that, would it be under $1000? Bet not.
Dollar amount doesn't even matter in a way, children are invaluable. You can have kids, but you can never replace one you lost. It's just even more insulting that she values them at so little.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution