It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus was a shapeshifter - according to newly translated Egyptian text

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I came across this article today and thought some here might be interested. I don't know much about shapeshifting, but this certainly puts an interesting spin on the reason Judas betrayed Jesus with a kiss.

Link to Yahoo News Article

A newly deciphered Egyptian text, dating back almost 1,200 years, tells part of the crucifixion story of Jesus with apocryphal plot twists, some of which have never been seen before.

In the canonical bible the apostle Judas betrays Jesus in exchange for money by using a kiss to identify him leading to Jesus' arrest. This apocryphal tale explains that the reason Judas used a kiss, specifically, is because Jesus had the ability to change shape.

"Then the Jews said to Judas: How shall we arrest him [Jesus], for he does not have a single shape but his appearance changes. Sometimes he is ruddy, sometimes he is white, sometimes he is red, sometimes he is wheat coloured, sometimes he is pallid like ascetics, sometimes he is a youth, sometimes an old man ..." This leads Judas to suggest using a kiss as a means to identify him. If Judas had given the arresters a description of Jesus he could have changed shape. By kissing Jesus Judas tells the people exactly who he is. [Religious Mysteries: 8 Alleged Relics of Jesus]

This understanding of Judas' kiss goes way back. "This explanation of Judas' kiss is first found in Origen [a theologian who lived A.D. 185-254]," van den Broek writes. In his work, Contra Celsum the ancient writerOrigen, stated that "to those who saw him [Jesus] he did not appear alike to all."

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

Jesus a shapeshifter? Sure! Why not?

Perhaps the great magician wasn't even on that cross. It was all just an illusion. That's just as good an explanation of his rising from the dead as any.

OOOPS! This is already being discussed here! www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 13-3-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Waiting to post a proper response until I learn Ancient Egyptian and decipher the texts for myself...

edit on 13-3-2013 by ConspiracyBuff because: Face!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Zombies can't be shapeshifters. Don't you watch TV??

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

Some of this crept into canon: After the resurrection when Jesus was on the road he was not recognized. Interesting.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by VegHead

Jesus a shapeshifter? Sure! Why not?

Perhaps the great magician wasn't even on that cross. It was all just an illusion. That's just as good an explanation of his rising from the dead as any.

OOOPS! This is already being discussed here! www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 13-3-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

D'oh! I didn't see that other thread. Thanks very much for posting the link, and I'll understand if the mods want to close this to keep the discussion in one place. However, I will say in defense of this being a separate thread that I specifically didn't post this in the religion section because I didn't want this to be a discussion on religion. I am christian and so I have my own biases about who Jesus really was and what he did.
I was hoping to focus the discussion on shapeshifting and how/why the Egyptians interpreted the story of Jesus in such a way.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by VegHead

Some of this crept into canon: After the resurrection when Jesus was on the road he was not recognized. Interesting.

Very true, excellent point. I always found that passage a bit confusing, but I assumed the resurrected body didn't look quite like his living body and/or they simply were not expecting to see him.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Very interesting.

Evidently he was able to change his skin color as well as make himself young or old.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this qualifies as "shapeshifting" but the transfiguration on the mountaintop is found in Matthew, Mark, and Luke.

Here is one translation of that...

"And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart, And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elijah talking with him. Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah. While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid. And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid. And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only. And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead."

(Matthew 17:1–9, KJV)

If you believe Jesus could preform miracles (which I, personally, do), it seems easily within the realm of possibilities that he could change form. But people misunderstand and misinterpret what Jesus did all the time (I do too, of course) and even if you believe the bible to be the inspired word of God, it is still interpreted by highly fallible people (again, myself included). The explanation for this Egyptian text may just be as simple as that.
edit on 13-3-2013 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Yep, makes sense. Shapeshifting is an ancient ability of shamans, allegedly. It's also a siddhi. It's a universal common denominator. A mystic as powerful as Jesus could have that ability, conceivably.

Mind-over-matter, mind-over-genetics, mind-over-energy, mind-over-body.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join