It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Thunderdome: How The US Will Unravel. And Soon. (Important)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yngvarr
We've heard this type of fear mongering before, and usually I ignore it.

But this latest DHS purchase of 1.6 billion rounds has my ears perked.

Why hollow points? Doesn't the Geneva Convention forbid them in a war?

Some are specialized for snipers?

As reported elsewhere, some of this purchase order is for hollow-point rounds, forbidden by international law for use in war, along with a frightening amount specialized for snipers. Also reported elsewhere, at the height of the Iraq War the Army was expending less than 6 million rounds a month. Therefore 1.6 billion rounds would be enough to sustain a hot war for 20+ years. In America.

Article from Forbes

2 weeks ago I stepped outside the office for a vape and was a witness to one of these:

Disturbing.

The MaxxPro MRAP is built to withstand ballistic arms fire, mine blasts, IEDs, and other emerging threats. Its V-shaped hull helps deflect blasts out and away from the crew and its armoring can be customized to meet any mission requirement.

Source

my friend seen two of them in california 2 weeks ago.

There made to take .50 cal sniper rounds. they ordered 1,700 of them. Im thinking there for the inner citys when SHTF. After the citys are on lock down, they will work there way out to the farm and any "Constitutionalists" hold outs. At that point i think the UN will step in with troops.

The FEMA camps are for the leaders of the rebels and us ATS'ers who question the government. The reast of the country will fall inline once the government starts handing out food and water again.

my best guess is 5% of the population will fight back. Thats 15 million americans. The other 95% will fall inline once there promised they will get service on there Iphones again.

The problem is the american people are to dumb to know what serfdom is. Hence, they will become serfs willingly with the promise of bread. Not know the freedom and liberty to make ones own bread.
edit on 13-3-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

I would love to see the french, from what I have seen their weapons are near perfect except from the occasional scruff or scrape as they are dropped prior to their shagging azz.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

The one I saw was in Cypress not too far from Los Alamitos JFTB, so I've seen various military
vehicles before but that one was a stand out.

On a side note, over the last year there has been an uptick in Black Hawks buzzing
around in formation in and out of the JFTB.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
On lunch at work so I'll write this quick and add later tonight (warning: will be a run-on sentence):

Seeing how both major political parties are bickering over the budget, deadlines are getting pushed further back, the debt ceiling keeps being raised, minimum wage being raised, the billions of dollars spent on ammunition including hollow points for target practice (highly expensive for target practice I might add), the new low profile paper targets purchased by the DHS, the DHS buying "peace keeping" APCs, the current 2nd Amendment legislation debates, Rand Paul's drone filibuster, Attorney General Eric Holder's first and extremely vague response, and finally, include how oil prices have been steadily rising steadily over the past 2-3 months....

Seeing the above, it would be ignorant to state that the information within the OP is not plausible.

I'll also repeat a quote another member has already posted: "They call it the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it".
edit on 3/13/13 by SmoothRhythm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyviecaldges
reply to post by MRuss

Jeff Rense, Alex Jones, David Icke, and their ilk have been saying this exact same thing since they hit the scene.
Everyday they bark that they have "inside information" from "confidential sources" that the US is about to collapse.

But it never does.

This is just more of the same. Fear mongering.

Bullocks.
Have a smile and be happy that you are alive mate.

Anytime facts or a true account is presented the liberals call it fear mongering. Anyone with common sense is asking what will it take, or how bad must it get for these sheeple to wake up? For the sake of debate let's assume there is only a 10% chance we are right about what's happening, and what will happen... If we do turn out to be right, what are all the lemmings going to do when the SHTF? Of course most of us already know the answer, but maybe something to think about? I know you guys hate responsibility, but even if your ass is on the line with the fate of your family, you still ignore the truth?

"The Department of Homeland Security is apparently taking delivery (apparently through the Marine Corps Systems Command, Quantico VA, via the manufacturer – Navistar Defense LLC) of an undetermined number of the recently retrofitted 2,717 ‘Mine Resistant Protected’ MaxxPro MRAP vehicles for service on the streets of the United States.”

“They all have gun ports… Gun Ports? In the theater of war, yes. On the streets of America…?
Seriously, why would DHS need such a vehicle on our streets?”

www.forbes.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by vtr99

US national debt is over $26,000,000,000,000 USD... I mean, they didn't let it get that far if they didn't have some kind of plan. I know the White House is full of idiots, but is it really that bad?

A revolution triggered by economic failure doesn't sound too unlikely.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by Yngvarr

I wonder how many of those it would take to control 300 million people.

Quite a few I imagine.

Look at the Japanese internment. The government put around 110,000 in camps and basically couldn't control them. It wasn't violence that was the problem, it was logistics...keeping them housed and fed. The camps eventually became open so the people could fend for themselves.

Now how is the government going to control millions. Even the Nazi's running at full extermination couldn't handle more than a few million at a time. Stalin would probably be the best example of controlling a populace but he didn't do it openly, he did it through starvation under the guise of communism and people didn't realize what was going on until it was too late.

Once they did you saw immediate changes in the communist system.

There is simply no way to outright go to war with the American populace and hope to win.

Not true. Without food, water, and power I suspect the population would turn against themselves and the government would only need to mop up after the carnage. The question is not if, but when. There is no reasonable way to stop our debt from growing out of control as long as we have our current leaders in power. As the dollar loses value the price of oil goes up. When gas hits $6 to $10 a gallon, and diesel fuel shortages take their toll. When trucks can't afford to run things will start to breakdown fast.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

It's mostly all true in one way or another, and probably even more dire than it seems. The catch is that there is no possible way to create a collective awareness on a large enough scale to stop it. There may be small patches that can put up a good fight for a short time, but it won't amount to much. What is your answer to yourself, when you think about what you should do? Do you think of hiding in plain site and joining a relatively benign organization that is controlled by the government? Do you just say screw it, this world and this life is not what I'm living for and looking forward to anyway? Whether it is this scenario or another one, most people paying any kind of attention to the goings on in this world know that something horrible is coming. Is the how and the why really all that important?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by vtr99

US national debt is over $26,000,000,000,000 USD... I mean, they didn't let it get that far if they didn't have some kind of plan. I know the White House is full of idiots, but is it really that bad?

A revolution triggered by economic failure doesn't sound too unlikely.

The Obama administration is saying the debt will "ONLY" be $20 trillion in 2015. The reality is the debt will be over $26 trillion by then. As the debt gets worse, Bernanke keeps printing ever more money. This is called a bubble. Eventually all bubbles pop, just like the tech crash of 99', and the housing/market bust of 2008. The coming financial collapse is going to make 2008 look minor.

en.wikipedia.org...

raregermanstamps.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
I do feel that this is the eventual fate of the United States of America, however, the current economic situation in the USA doesn't appear to be close to total collapse. In fact, the most recent data shows the economy is improving. Retail sales are up. The dollar has gained more strength over the last two years. So please explain to me how the dollar is worth more, people are spending more, yet we're about to collapse?? Also, the debt limit would have to be raised 10 more times to put this country in serious financial default. So how are you backing up your data besides you heard this from a guy who's on the inside "totally credible" yet never mention who it is and never give an ounce of hard evidence to support your theory. The only thing that exists that sort of supports your theory is the fact the government is arming itself to the teeth for what looks like some kind of battle against the citizenry, That part may be true but the economics don't seem as doom and gloom on paper. If they are then please explain with facts not heresy.
edit on 13-3-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

This is absolute nonsense. The stock market is up simply because people can't earn a dime in safe investments. What do you think will happen if the market collapses again after all this fake money printing? What will blow up the balloon next time? How can the dollar be gaining strength when food, gas, and clothing prices continue to rise against the dollar? It has risen against some foreign currencies because they are in worse trouble than we are. Very likely the Euro will not exist in a couple years. When the EU falls, the US will be right behind them. Unemployment is only up because so many people no longer qualify for benefits. Most of those who lost jobs are working for far less. In fact the average family now takes home $4,000 a year less than they did in 2008. As they say in the stock market, if you lose 50%, it takes a 100% gain to get back to where you were. That doesn't take inflation into account, and Bernanke's legacy is going to be hyperinflation.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyviecaldges
reply to post by MRuss

Jeff Rense, Alex Jones, David Icke, and their ilk have been saying this exact same thing since they hit the scene.
Everyday they bark that they have "inside information" from "confidential sources" that the US is about to collapse.

But it never does.

This is just more of the same. Fear mongering.

Bullocks.
Have a smile and be happy that you are alive mate.

It can't just happen overnight, haven't you been reading? They don't want the entire populace against them, they want to make it look like it wasn't planned.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I believe there are strange things going on. As many people do. But this thread is all about fear mongering. It reminds me of Alex Jones and how he would spout off a whole lot of speculation and call it truth... An 'insider' said this is true, so it must be right? Hahaha. But please continue believing everything you read and here.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Yes. Back to a real conspiracy theory. That's what this site is all about.

The deliberate collapsing of the U.S. economy. I remember watching a video of a talk that Michale Ruppert gave at a convention of, I believe it was peak oil folks in New York around 2005. The main point of this talk was to tell of the planed collapse of the U.S. economy. The reasoning was that as the U.S. was the largest consumer of oil, the best way to stretch the remaining reserves was to slow that consumption, ergo goodbye U.S. economy. It seemed to make sense at the time.

I was early on brought to these alternative thinking sites because of peak oil, although lately it has gotten a bit of a pass as to it's urgency. But it did seem to me at the time to be a a considerable concern, as I watched the thousands upon thousands of vehicles traveling the highways, most engaged in functions vital to our systems of survival. It appeared obvious to me that a significant reduction of this irreplaceable energy input would result in horrific consequences

Now while I enjoy hearing about a good conspiracy, I have a limited tolerance, and the grander the scope the lees the tolerance. My basic thinking always with a conspiracy is to what purpose? Why go to this trouble? Where is the benefit?

In the case of the U.S. economy, it may be that a controlled demolition is more manageable than one that happens of it's own. At minimum it would likely work out better for those in control.

I think that a good many people who evaluate the motives of such a conspiracy like the collapse of the U.S. economy, are thinking in terms of a bygone era. I believe appreciation for the massive effort, organization, and energy necessary to allow for the existence of the massive population numbers we have today, is lacking. I know, history repeats it's self, and societies, civilizations have collapsed before, but when this baby goes down, it' going to be a long way to fall.

So maybe this guy's right, and there is a plan afoot. It certainly seems that those leading governments, corporations, and the economic systems that hold it all together are behaving rather irrationally. If the existence of this plan is the case, the ones running the operation may find that, absent an irrefutable imperative such as restricted energy resources, it is not so easy to reveres the momentum of such a large system, and their efforts may be for naught.

But planning for massive civil unrest, would seem to me to be a prudent thing to do.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
In such circumstance were a government feel's the need to arm against it's own people then what you are looking at is eventual regime change with a restorationist style constitutional government being eventually restored by peace full or violent mean's, even from an outsider's view I can see entire army unit's whom would refuse to obey an order to fire on American civilian's, maybe not at first but most American's I am convinced are decent and patriotic people whom would rise up against such a government and the release of a biological or chemical agent would not stop this it would merely mean in the end the individual's responsible would face the very harshest level of revenge, a fragmentation of the United State's is not likely but if it happen's you can bet that it will be brought about by little Hitler's after there own power base, we have them in England as well but we are a cynical bunch, oh and it would not only be American's fighting to restore the united state's in such a crisis of that I can assure you,.

If they tear your country apart then it is because you let them and only you can stop them so remember your oath of allegence, even though it was indoctrinated it was done so for a well intended reason by those whom saw such a day coming, what are your word's "ALL ENEMY's FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC", just because crap has floated to the top of the barrel does not mean there is no gold sunk at the bottom.
edit on 13-3-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by MRuss

A one world government simply is not possible. Its been tried numerous times and failed miserably. There are simply too many people with too many different values, religions, beliefs.......to all fit nicely under one set of rules and its impossible to enforce.

The Romans couldn't even keep their little part of the world under one rule before it started frailing at the edges and crumbled. Charlamagne couldn't do it, Napolean couldn't, Genghis Khan couldn't it, the Soviet Union couldn't, Britain couldn't.

The only way to control the world is secretly from the shadows where nobody knows you are doing it. Those with just even a smidgeon of historical knowledge know this.

We already have the global banking system. Countries don't print their own money, instead they borrow it from the BIS (Bank of International Settlements). The more money they borrow, the more they have to pay back in interest. So a country in debt is always having to raise taxes. The idea is to stop any country from building up a war-chest of savings and going to war on their own. When a country can't balance their payments, they have to go to the IMF and get loans in exchange for cutbacks in health, education as well as allowing immigration to reduce salaries and encourage investors to return. Ultimately, all countries end up with a small elite in government with everyone else on salaries that don't allow them to save any money.

If things continue going on in the way they are, the western countries like the USA and UK will end up being like South American dictatorships.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path
reply to post by MRuss

Isn't this old . . . like at least a couple months?

I read this "interview with the informant" before. Once before the election and then another after the 1st of the year . . . all the same info.

I'm even pretty sure there is another thread somewhere around here that posted when the latest interview appeared on the blog.

I knew I couldn't be the only person that swears they've read this before.

In regards to the OP...

Lets do some simple math:

The population of the United States is roughly 313,914,040. According to globalsecurity.org, the entire military has about 3,017,414 personel. That number includes reservists and guard memebers.

That would be one service member for every 104 Americans. I don't know about you, but with those numbers I don't see how the government could have enough manpower to exercise complete martial law. Remember, that not everyone in the military is fit for a combat role either.

Now, with the technology that the US military has at their disposal it might make crowd management easier, but to have 104 souls for every single person employed by the military? That's a big stretch.

When you do the math and look at it logically, the only way that the OP's scenario would work is with foreign troops.
edit on 13-3-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
If you're not interested in knowing the truth, why belong to ATS?

Some of us here are trying to get to the bottom of what is happening in the world.

After reading that I started hitting that star thing on every post by you...

Isn't it frightening and ironic the people you see on ATS day in and day out who seem to be so out of touch with reality that it is incredibly mind boggling.

MRuss, PLEASE keep on truckin' and writing cause some here are actually paying attention...

Thanks for the incredibly informative thread.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Ahh Come on Guys !! WTF..Have you lost your damm minds !!! Nobody with some sense is going to believe this crap. What is the point ? We are all in the streets..OK Who will pay taxes ? How will the Gov. make anymore money ? Geez.. I got a good mind to bail on the site. What has came true that you know of that these bunch of, the sky is falling crack pots has said that WILL happen. This is just like pro wrestling

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

No sources - No credibility!!! Same old, same old nothing new here. There are patriots on the inside who are not afraid to tell the truth or to act when necessary. Nothing to see here move along.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join