It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God the head of the Captain Coward club?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
Having based a premise upon a fiction you do not credit, and using the fiction to debase the premise is puerile and transparent...sorry...

'Choosing A or B', is a choice (but you have reduced FREE WILL [in not just this thread] to a 2 way choice)...unsmart! The 'bases' you cover, you do not even understand, let alone, have a belief in - whichever comes first...or the other way around!...transparent!

There are more than 2 choices!...reductionism of this quality is self-limiting (i.e. reflective and revealing of your own choices and outcomes, by extension)...

Original thought required by this unit...

A99

B S. What is choice number 3 and if a moral one, why did God not take it instead of the immoral choice he did take?

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by Greatest I am

To your answer.
Since you set the conditions for all the benefits you show, why have your son suffer for your conditions?
Why would you not step up yourself?
Son or not; why impose the conditions you set on anyone but you?

Actually, Jesus is God, as he is a part of him. God as a whole, in all of his glory, would never be able to be contained in a human body. In the Old Testament, God had to appear to people through his angel in order for people to see or hear him, and even then, some of them risked death in doing so. That's why they asked for God to send them Jesus in the first place. Someone they could see, speak to and learn from without risking death. God as a whole, is too powerful.

If Jesus is God as you say and we know that God cannot die then there cannot have been a sacrifice or death.

You will maintain that there was so explain how sacrificing one's self to one's self is any king of sacrifice. There is not loss or gain for anyone therefore no sacrifice.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

reply to post by vethumanbeing

No one gets the joke. You would have won a very hard arguement to convince mankind that there is everlasting eternity for the soul that in it never dies; it is an energyform that transmutes itself in a progression for enlightenment.

Matthew 10:28

28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Hell is an immoral construct that no self-respecting God would create.

What a game for your God to play!
Create a place for eternal bliss as well as a place for eternal suffering or death.
Then create beings whom he loves dearly and watches over.
And in the end, decide which to consider "trash" and "throw away" into the place for eternal suffering or death and which to cling to and love in the place for eternal bliss.
Even man, with all his faults, is greater and more responsible.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Just because you don't consider a human death a sacrifice doesn't mean it wasn't one. Jesus felt everything a human would in experiencing a human death. God put himself in man's shoes, if only for a moment, to experience the full human experience. I guess I'll never understand how your mind isn't capable of comprehending any of it.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

It all depends on how you define God, but the human being, prior to God recognition and realization fits that title very well. What are we afraid of? God. It's all a very sad state of affairs and very a long story. Some day however, for the willing and open minded (those who don't presume to know everything already), the misunderstanding will come to an abrupt end. Meanwhile, you're either being helpful to the cause of God's communion with man, or you're not. Me I'd rather be helpful and not allow any personal bias get between me and God, and that's God of my own experience and understanding. To call the creator of one and all, the first/last cause of existence a "coward" I don't know but it just doesn't feel right to me, but alas to each his own I guess... seems kinda like shooting one's self in the foot though if you ask me.

So you are saying you would rather follow an immoral son murderer and shoot yourself in your moral center of the head instead of shooting yourself in the foot by choosing a moral God.

Ok.

Get thee behind me Satan and into the Captain Coward club.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Of course I have a moral sense. Just because you don't understand the difference between earthly thoughts and spiritual thoughts doesn't mean that I don't have a moral sense. You try to use a book (the Bible) that you don't even understand and try to label it as immoral because you simply just don't understand it.

Try to look at it a different way. If you were God and you truly loved your creations, wouldn't you be willing to sacrifice a piece of yourself in order to save all of them from eternal permanent damnation? What's immoral about that?

Piece eh.

Why do you not use the real word? Son.

Your moral sense is telling you that God was moral in having his son murdered to fill his own conditions.
He did not have to condemn at all.

Is that what you would do?

Would you row away in the lifeboat and leave your son on the sinking ship. The same ship that you put a hole in by condemning it in the first place.

Stop trying to hide behind new wording like a hypocrite might. The scenario is quite accurate.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Just because you don't consider a human death a sacrifice doesn't mean it wasn't one. Jesus felt everything a human would in experiencing a human death. God put himself in man's shoes, if only for a moment, to experience the full human experience. I guess I'll never understand how your mind isn't capable of comprehending any of it.

Now you put word in my mouth.

"Just because you don't consider a human death a sacrifice "

Get the quote or stop lying about my beliefs.

As to the rest of your foolish reply.

B S.

An omnipotent all-knowing God has knowledge of all experience.

Try again.

Regards
DL
edit on 16-3-2013 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

The fact that you keep saying that Jesus didn't need to die just proves my previous point that you're incapable of thinking God's thoughts and knowing his ways. You obviously have no idea what was needed to wipe the slate clean so that your heathen human soul was good enough to enter into the presence of God.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The fact that you keep saying that Jesus didn't need to die just proves my previous point that you're incapable of thinking God's thoughts and knowing his ways. You obviously have no idea what was needed to wipe the slate clean so that your heathen human soul was good enough to enter into the presence of God.

It is looking at what is said of the mind of God that tells me that he did the immoral thing.
This quote and many others say that Jesus did not have to die for anyone.
It is you strict adherence to dogma that makes you think that it is somehow a good thing to punish the innocent instead of the guilty.

I do not care about the mind of God. I do care about yours and your is lost to a completely immoral concept.

Where in this quote does it say that a barbaric human sacrifice is required?

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Do you need more scriptures to refute your poor moral view?

www.youtube.com...

Even more.

www.youtube.com...

How many verses will you ignore before wondering why you have to to maintain your immoral view?

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

You've never proven anything immoral. All you've done is show your incapacity to understand what's written in the Bible about Jesus, who he was, why he came and what his whole purpose in coming to earth was for in the first place. All of it has been lost on you because, as you say in your own words, you don't care about the mind of God. You only care about your own mind and what you think, while choosing to overlook what matters.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

You've never proven anything immoral. All you've done is show your incapacity to understand what's written in the Bible about Jesus, who he was, why he came and what his whole purpose in coming to earth was for in the first place. All of it has been lost on you because, as you say in your own words, you don't care about the mind of God. You only care about your own mind and what you think, while choosing to overlook what matters.

God can only live in the minds of God. So says Jesus.

I left something in another thread. We are done unless you see the light.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

You say things like, "so says Jesus", yet you still don't understand who he said God was in the first place. Who you say God is doesn't line up with what Jesus said God was. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am
Another idol worshiper of his Godinabook who cannot justify his God.

He doesn't NEED to justify Himself.

He is the Creator, your NOT...

End of story.

“Trying to prove God is like defending a lion, Homie, it don’t need your help, just unlock the cage.”

"If you can believe in a God that is powerful enough to create a universe and your own consciousness, is it too outlandish to claim that he may be greater than our own reason can even comprehend? If you’re trying to explain God to yourself or someone else, it’s easy to feel as if you have to prove him. But here’s a fact you can rest in: God does not need you to prove him, because he exists with or without your approval. Just because it takes faith to believe God is real does not mean that he isn’t! The Christian is not called to prove God, the Christian is called to show God throughout every facet of their life. God can’t be tamed, so just unleash him through your life!"

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

You say things like, "so says Jesus", yet you still don't understand who he said God was in the first place. Who you say God is doesn't line up with what Jesus said God was. Sorry.

How sad that Christians reject the good news that Jesus gave.

Hosea 1:10 Ye are the sons of the living God.

This makes them Gods W I P. Works in progress.

Unfortunately, most refuse to climb Jacob’s ladder as we all must to find our God within.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Christians refuse to accept and have rejected their predestined fate and be brethren to Jesus and God.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Christian tradition and dogma has taught Christians to reject Jesus. How sad for them.

Regards
DL

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Most Christians, just like everyone else, believe what religion is telling them.

Religion ALWAYS lies.

This is how we KNOW that Satan is the one behind it.

Virtually every denomination and organization in Christendom has been infiltrated.

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati..."

The Vatican has infiltrated, or neutered and spayed, virtually every denomination and organization in Christendom.

OPUS DEI-- War on Protestantism

The Real Conspiracy the Jesuit infiltration of Christianity

"...the goal is to infiltrate it with their compromising philosophies and attempt to destroy the Church from within."

Satan has infiltrated organized religion

Religion is a major tool of the Illuminati agenda

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
Having based a premise upon a fiction you do not credit, and using the fiction to debase the premise is puerile and transparent...sorry...

'Choosing A or B', is a choice (but you have reduced FREE WILL [in not just this thread] to a 2 way choice)...unsmart! The 'bases' you cover, you do not even understand, let alone, have a belief in - whichever comes first...or the other way around!...transparent!

There are more than 2 choices!...reductionism of this quality is self-limiting (i.e. reflective and revealing of your own choices and outcomes, by extension)...

Original thought required by this unit...

A99

B S. What is choice number 3 and if a moral one, why did God not take it instead of the immoral choice he did take?

Regards
DL

Call BS as much as you like troll...

'Having based a premise upon a fiction you do not credit, and using the fiction to debase the premise is puerile and transparent...sorry...'

A99

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Most Christians, just like everyone else, believe what religion is telling them.

There are not that many stupid people around. There is good reason for churches standing near empty and that trend will continue as we educate our young better.

You might have a point for why religions are evil but that has nothing to do with the supernatural. It is all natural, almost, women hating men.

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

You might have a point for why religions are evil but that has nothing to do with the supernatural. It is all natural, almost, women hating men.

How is it possible for someone to believe that Satan has nothing to do with the supernatural?

Wait a minute...

I forgot that you also believe God heads up a club called "Captain Coward".

NEVER MIND...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Listen and learn.
If you can.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Greatest I am
There are not that many stupid people around. There is good reason for churches standing near empty and that trend will continue as we educate our young better. You might have a point for why religions are evil but that has nothing to do with the supernatural. It is all natural, almost, women hating men.

So you are a woman, or a disaffected God. Churches standing empty? They force themselves up through the soil where I live like a healthy Bamboo plant. I have the answer for this though. Many of them and I will not name them even if your torture me (Southern Babtists) run social clubs with pulpit leaders, very powerful within the communities (one of them even had a local newspaper published in its basement, snicker) back to the other third train of thought....as these social clubs become entangled in local (church congregation) gossip, that is pointing fingers accusing each other of all kinds of 'supernatural' activities, they abandon one for the next one--right up the street, new tithers new people to network with and eventually betray and start the gossip all anew (like a recharging of negative energy adrenalin). It is never about love for Jesus, if a Babtist lived next door to God there would be complaints about the weeds in its the yard, the lepers coming in and out; and you say there is a lack of stupidity in this world?

edit on 2-4-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join