learn more

Researchers Print Electronic Tattoo on Skin

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

From Extreme Tech:

From the research lab that brought us stick-on electronic tattoos, and recently the stretchable battery, we now have the first electronic sensor that has been printed directly onto human skin. These sensors can directly measure skin hydration and temperature, and electric signals from muscle and brain activity.

This "tattoo" is temporary; the skin's natural exfoliation process will destroy the tattoo in a couple of weeks. It also washes off with water.

Now, the company making this tattoo states its for medical purposes, such as determining the hydration levels in the skin. I can see a lot of potential use for such a product in the medical field; monitoring vitals in a hospital setting, etc.

But I wonder....how long before they make an electronic tattoo that is injected under the skin....thus rendering it safe from natural wear and water? And when that happens....what kind of information will it transmit? Is there a potential for abuse?

Would it be possible, for instance, to monitor what you eat and drink, sending that information to your insurance company? Whereupon they might deduct points if you eat a candy bar or drink a soda....kinda like in the movie "The Island."

Paranoia, I'm sure. But what say you, ATS?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I understand this tattoo is only for medical purposes but this is one step closer to what a NWO would use on people.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

At least it is a tattoo on the skin.

Could have been an anal probe which might have reduced the appeal.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

No thanks to both I say...

new topics

join