It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Should We Evacuate Lousiana Gulf Coast and Let the Oil Companies Have It? Fire erupts after pip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Hasn't this area had enough pollution and damage to wake these people up? All of these disasters are going to cause very severe health concerns for everyone and everything living in the gulf area--if it hasn't already. This is one of my favorite vacation spots; I hate the thought of returning to see what is left of it.

Fox

LAFITTE, La. – A tug boat pushing an oil barge struck a gas pipeline in a bayou south of New Orleans on Tuesday night, igniting a blaze that burned for hours and left four people injured, one severely. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

edit on 13-3-2013 by supertrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I don't know.

Do you drive a vehicle or use any oil products? I'm sure as long as people do that we are going to have accidents and pollution.

Certainly I believe we could tighten up regulation and safety standards and require more from the oil companies but the environment is going to suffer as long as people want this product.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Its all a scam.......fer petes sake...
I pay nearly seven dollars a gallon for gas in Canada.
You are buying Canadian gas for less than we pay for the stuff!
Go Figure................

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Well, our safety record is much, much better than that of the Americans. Money for all those extra precautions has to come from somewhere, I guess.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I believe , as has been stated by other posters on the web , that part of their plan all along is to make the gulf totally inhabitable in order for these corporations to operate with out any kind of enviromental regulations . not that any of the regulations that are all ready in place have been effective. from my understanding , money is the most effective tool to cut thru red tape.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by supertrot

Hi supertrot, I live in NW Louisiana and I know what you are saying. I moved here almost 30 years ago and it was so lush and green and beautiful...lots of woodsey, pretty areas. Slow but sure, it changed. The loggers came in and clear cut all the woods areas. Then, the fracking companies came in and put their oil/natural gas wells all over the place...spewing harmful chemicals into the air. Harmful chemicals injected into the wells...ground water wells becoming contaminated. Can't drink the well water anymore or water gardens with same.

The noisy generating stations are so loud...sleep is impossible! Health concerns abound because of all of the above I mentioned. The fracking is noisy, smelly, hazardous, annoying, unhealthy. Problematic in regards to the operations possibly causing siesmic events.

Louisiana is becoming a ruined state. So many issues here. The fracking, Gulf oil spill, Camp Minden still remains an issue, (has 3 million pounds of explosives that haven't been delt with yet, (hazardous). Two sinkholes now...Bayou Corne still growing. Erin Brockovich visited Bayou Corne...she stated the area is in danger of explosion, needs to be evacuated and residents should be helped moneywise by Texas Brine Company. Local news didn't mention what she said, just that she visited.

BP is investigating siesmic activity at a volcano found in the Gulf of Mexico, not too far from New Orleans. BP has an interest or have they already been drilling into it and now wondering if they have caused another problem?

So, we have the oil spill. (still ongoing by some accounts), Corexit contamination, sinkholes, volcano, fracking, Camp Minden fiasco...still rebuilding from Katrina. Yep, things are not looking good for this once great state.

edit on 14-3-2013 by shrevegal because: spelling error

edit on 14-3-2013 by shrevegal because: added thought

edit on 14-3-2013 by shrevegal because: typo

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by IsawWHATtheyDID

Hi Isaw, You are exactly right! I would love to have an alternative fuel offered so as these oil corporations could be turned away and stop raping the land and ruining the environment. There may be better, cheaper, cleaner energy alternatives but the oil/gas industry has us so locked into their product and we have nothing else made available to us, so we are trapped in a bad situation.

The oil/gas companies make huge amounts of money. Folks that finally sell off their land make money. The rest of us suffer the consequences. Money is the big motivator. The oil/gas folks don't always play by the rules. They aren't supposed to drill any closer than 500 feet from homes, yet, they do. They slant drill into properties. You can feel your house vibrate from the drilling going on under your property. The chemicals they use are deadly. Americinum, DU, toluene, benzene, formaldehyde, methanol, diesel, xylene, naphthalene, ethylene glycol, glycol ethers, hydrochloric acid, sodium hydroxide, coalbed methane, ethylbenzene, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and Lordknowswhatallelse!

Yes, it is a bad scenario. A health concern for residents. Dangerous and hazardous yet a money maker. Thanx for listening.

top topics

join