It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Man Lives Alone In Fukushima Dead Zone Town: To Take Care of his Animals

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I was moved to tears when I saw this. I work with animals and I know I can't possibly leave them during a disaster. But then I am single and live alone so I don't have the 'family responsibility' alot of other people do.

Some of you say I couldn't possible know this but I do. Animals are my life. I took on that responsibility and I intend to see through it.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman
Thank you for sharing this story OP - this man is a saint among cowards.

When I remember the different relationships I've had with my pets, I can't even imagine leaving my least-favorite of them behind. Their faith and loyalty stil inspire me today. I couldn't live with myself knowing I'd left them to themselves to survive - I'd rather die protecting them than live with the knowledge of my capacity for selfishness.

I like this post

I see it the same way also!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman
Thank you for sharing this story OP - this man is a saint among cowards.

When I remember the different relationships I've had with my pets, I can't even imagine leaving my least-favorite of them behind. Their faith and loyalty stil inspire me today. I couldn't live with myself knowing I'd left them to themselves to survive - I'd rather die protecting them than live with the knowledge of my capacity for selfishness.

I have pets, too. Your post put it in words much better than mine. Thanks!!

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by Nyiah

Being stupid and ending your life on purpose does not make you a hero.

It makes you a fool.

He should have brought a gun and put these poor creature out of their misery instead of continuing to have them suffer.

Your "mood" beneath your avatar says it all.
Some day you may be the one crying for food and water....will the person who hears you carry food and water...or a gun? Karma rocks.
jacygirl

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

It makes you a fool.

So are you including euthanasia in that equation too..? He has a right to live and a right to die.. In what way can it possibly matter to you or affect you the way he decides to live or end his life..?

He should have brought a gun and put these poor creature out of their misery instead of continuing to have them suffer.

Can you give me any links to any evidence that show these animals are suffering..? In the video and pictures they seem pretty happy...

And yes he, and the animals will have high levels of radiation poisoning, but the are all happy.. And they are all healthy for the time being.. I am sure if they were in pain he would see that and end their pain, but those animals do not look depressed or in pain..
His hometown is all he has known.. If he wants to stay there then leave him to it..
He seems more than happy enough, and if cant hack it anymore at least he has the option to leave..

And what exactly is wrong with helping others that cannot or are too weak to help themselves..? Even if it does mean risking your own life.. Its his choice not yours.

What matters most in life...? We are all so careful not to do anything that should endanger our lives one little bit, that we have all forgotten how to truly live..
Its when you are doing the mad stuff and there is so much adrenaline pumping throughout your body you feel your chest may explode.. That is when you know that you are truly alive..

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Do all your comments also apply to the people who were affected by radiation..? Oh no wait... they can get medical care.

Animals like these cannot, because obviously their lives have nothing of value compared to ours..

Have you no compassion for any species other than your own..?

This is also his own way of protest. He is angry this has happened to his hometown and he is angry that there was no evacuation plan for pets/livestock.. He is angry with the government and he is angry that they have been forgotten.. I can totally understand..

"I'm full of rage," says Matsumura.

"That's why I'm still here. I refuse to leave and let go of this anger and grief. I weep when I see my hometown. The government and the people in Tokyo don't know what's really happening here."

His defiance began with a simple desire to feed the animals on his farm. The government evacuated 78,000 residents around the exploding plant without a plan to rescue pets and valuable livestock.

www.facebook.com...

And if you are that bothered about it, maybe you could try getting the Japanese government to go help the guy and put down the sick animals in the most humane way possible...

Animals were here long before us, and they have just as much right to be here as we do.. We need to learn to coexist..

edit on 13-3-2013 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Although this may lead to genetic mutations which are immune to radioactivity.

When nature is forced to suffer through something it adapts.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I watched a documentary last year about a team of biologists studying the packs of wolves left behind in the contaminated disaster zone of Chernobyl. Wolves didn't miss a beat - quite fascinating! The biologists dressed in contamination suits while on-site for limited periods of time in order to study them.

You can watch the documentary here.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This is truly a heart warming story.

Thank you so much for sharing.

S&F

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
What I come to understand from this man is his sense of honor and his love for the animals in his care which meant more to him than his fears or even his life.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

reply to post by wiser3

Have you ever seen pictures of animals suffering from radiation poison?

Its hard for me to believe I have to share the world with people that would support this kind of inhumane treatment.

Do you know the deformities that affect radiated animals and their offspring for decades?

I believe you need to do some research on this before you call this guy a hero.

Are the animals he is looking after suffering as you describe?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Throw the "god complex" aside for a second and develop some empathy because I see NO Hope in your chest.

eta: Unlike most of the people, there are "heroes" in this world who are not selfish and sacrifice THEIR OWN LIVES to save others. I guess Jesus was a fool too.
edit on 13-3-2013 by PurpleVortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Nyiah

It makes you a fool.

Every post you make you seem to be at opposition.
HMMM....

As the article said, he will not see the effects for another 30-40 years.
Did you read it?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Nyiah

It makes you a fool.

This man is no fool...in my humble opinion...he is ending his life WITH a purpose...to be the saviour of the animals he is sacrificing his own life. Does it remind you of someone biblical you may have heard of?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Thank you for the thread. It was a great video. I am glad that some people actually care enough to do such a crazy stunt in life. But it shows you this "farmer" is a free spirit. I am sure when he passes away from radiation poisoning his ghost will haunt all the farms there.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Nyiah

It makes you a fool.

Really?? Does it make you a fool to do what you love? Maybe you would have chosen the easier, more cowardice path instead of taking on the tough task of taking care of the animals . He is a hero no doubt.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Nyiah

It makes you a fool.

Random Event:
Agent Hopechest encounters a radioactive device while on the job. You must disarm the device.
During the disarming, the Agent is exposed to a lethal amount of radioactive material.

Agent Hopechest: "Damnit, I'm not sure how much I was exposed to and how long I have to live.

Agent InCharge: "This agent has been exposed, put her down immediately, we don't want anyone to suffer.

Agent InCharge:

End of Random event.

edit on 13-3-2013 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

This would be more entertaining if there were a cartoon to go along with it...I am seeing stick people while reading it your random event

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I realize that in an emergency you grab whatever is closest and dearest and leave immediately, but personally, I would not leave without my animals. And I certainly would have gone back for them had that first decision been taken from me, radiation or not. When you take a domesticated animal into your care it is to be so until the end of that animals natural life, or if it is a food animal until it is humanely dispatched, not just until expediency overrides the tacit agreement.

I can understand those who had to leave larger farm animals behind. The size and numbers of herd animals can be a logistical nightmare in a disaster situation. But there was no excuse for leaving behind tied up dogs, and cats and dogs left indoors without even the option of foraging. I will never understand the way humans treat other living things.

I say this man IS a hero and epitomizes everything that is good in humanity. The rest of you can go ef yerselves.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Nyiah

It makes you a fool.

Ehhhhhhh - why don't you go buy a gun and put some "animals" out of their "misery"?

I mean, with a God Complex, you ought to be able to readily hand that type of relief and judgement out, eh? Doin' the Good Work!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join