It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CASE 1978 : Andes - Red city with no Sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
This is from Bob Pratt's investigation of a case in South America , Andes area. The case should be categorized as teleportation, but the fact that both witnesses see strange images when they got teleported is pretty strange and unusual. Usually they experienced missing time during teleportation. If anyone can relate another CASE like this i would love to hear it, to compare notes between cases.

The evening of July 6, 1978

Francisco and Carmelo believe they were taken to a strange city with buildings so tall they couldn't see the tops of them. The buildings and everything else was red and they couldn’t see any sky. They both Automechanic by trade.

On their way home around nine o'clock (night) , Carmelo started to drive onto an expressway ramp when a new, olive green pickup truck seemingly came from out of nowhere behind them and passed them, going very fast. Then, as soon as the truck had passed, it slowed down – and so did Carmelo's car, even though Carmelo never took his foot off the gas pedal.

Carmelo thought this was a little odd, then, just as he drove onto the expressway itself, the truck – and the expressway – disappeared. Both men were stunned. They found themselves driving in total darkness, unable to see anything. "The headlights were on high beam but we couldn't see anything," Carmelo told me a few months later. "Neither of us could see anything for a few minutes. Everything was dark."

Then, some minutes later, the car very swiftly entered some city. the car was going very, very fast and the buildings were just flying by. The old Chrysler was racing down the middle of a broad avenue lined with big buildings with rectangular windows. The buildings reached higher than they could see and everything was red.

The eerie red light was shining from inside the buildings as well as being reflected from something high above them. To Francisco, it looked like "one unending building with the red light coming from inside as well as outside. Everything was red. The avenue was fifty to sixty meters wide and all the buildings started from the road and went upwards completely straight, very tall.

They couldn't see the tops of the buildings because everything was reddish up there. The light came from above. It was a reflection and it lighted the whole city. There were no clouds. It was a ceiling, not a sky. They saw no curbs, no sidewalks, no doors, no cars, hydrants or signs, no people or animals, no trees... nothing but the tall, unending buildings on either side as far as they could see.

Carmelo couldn't feel the street under his car. "It felt like the car was controlled by something else, like it went by itself," he said. "The steering wheel seemed fixed and I couldn't turn it. The car felt as if it was in the air and not on the street.". Midway in their journey, Francisco got very cold, even though he was wearing a jacket. "I couldn't stand the cold," he said. "It was like twenty degrees below zero!"

The old car hurtled down the avenue for what seemed at least fifteen minutes, and then the journey came to an abrupt end , the red city vanished and the two men found themselves on a familiar street. The long, noiseless ride instantly became one of rattles and bounces as the car jounced over railroad tracks. They were in the suburb of Godoy Cruz, six kilometers from where they had entered the expressway.

Bob Pratt had the two men hypnotized by a physician. Both told of seeing several large tunnels, like entrances to underground parking garages, something neither had mentioned in the interviews.

Under hypnosis, Carmelo also said that he, his father and his mother had seen two UFOs hovering over Mendoza one night the previous January – something that both had hinted at in the interviews but had refused to discuss.

Neither man saw a UFO the night of their strange experience, and there are no known witnesses to what happened to them on the expressway. However, UFOs were seen in Mendoza the same day.

Dr. Alfredo Stefanelli, the physician who hypnotized the two men, said: "Basically, these men were telling the truth. They believe this actually happened to them. It is my opinion that they are not educated enough to have made up such a story, and the incident itself is too elaborate to have been made up.

"A double hallucination would be very unlikely. It would be very strange if two people had the same thing. And, then, one had a hearing problem and the other doesn't. If it had been a double hallucination, both would have heard the music regardless of the hearing problem."

Another physician who was a UFO investigator also believed the Nuñezes were telling the truth. He is Dr. Carlos Wittenstein, then forty three, a cardiologist and geriatrist. He and a colleague, Dr. Hector Bercerra, put the men through a number of tests and worked with them for many hours.

"They always told exactly the same story each time with no contradictions," said Dr. Wittenstein. "There is no fraud in this case.

"Since 1968, Dr. Bercerra and I have investigated two hundred seventy two UFO cases, and we believe only five are true cases. The Nuñez case is one of them.

“In these five cases, the people always tell the same thing, the same type of experience, the red city, everything. They all tell the same story about the red city.

STRIKING SIMILARITIES

Betty Andreasson was a housewife who said she had an unusual encounter with UFO entities in 1967. At one point, Mrs. Andreasson recalled under hypnosis going through what looked like a dark tunnel and feeling extremely cold. Then she and the UFO entities with her passed out of the tunnel into a "place where it's all red. The atmosphere is all red, vibrating red... there wasn't any vegetable life... no foliage... just land and buildings."

Asked while under hypnosis if there was a sky, she replied: "Just the red atmosphere. It was solid and yet it had air.". There was no way that either the Nuñezes or Mrs. Andreasson could have heard about each other's case before either story was published.

Her story was investigated in 1977 but not revealed publicly until mid-1979. The Nuñez case occurred July 6, 1978, and was not publicized in the United States until early 1979, long after Fowler's investigation was completed and some months before the Andreasson case.

www.mufon.com...
www.ufocasebook.com...
www.mufon.com...

edit on 13-3-2013 by milomilo because: grammarrr

edit on 13-3-2013 by milomilo because: links added

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by milomilo

Thanks for the story. I absolutely love creative writing.

Do you have supporting evidence to go with this sci-fi? Everyone knows the best sci-fi is based on real life facts, with supporting sources to back it up. Until then, it will remain a great piece of sci-fi creative writing.

S&F for the effort and good read.

EDIT:

I notice the mufon link. lol.

Thanks for that, I will not edit out my earlier statement as i feel that's poor form on the message boards.

Excellent account of events. Surely interested.
edit on 13-3-2013 by Hijinx because: Additional statements required.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a curious case. i wonder if the red city was the inner earth? some kind of temporal distortion effect or whatever relocated the car and occupants for a time. interesting, whatever was the cause.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

Thanks for the story. I absolutely love creative writing.

Do you have supporting evidence to go with this sci-fi? Everyone knows the best sci-fi is based on real life facts, with supporting sources to back it up. Until then, it will remain a great piece of sci-fi creative writing.

S&F for the effort and good read.

EDIT:

I notice the mufon link. lol.

Thanks for that, I will not edit out my earlier statement as i feel that's poor form on the message boards.

Excellent account of events. Surely interested.
edit on 13-3-2013 by Hijinx because: Additional statements required.

personally i find this story a bit too strange too, not that i blame you for thinking this is a sci-fi since i never saw this kind of pattern in my reading of UFO teleportation case. Thats why at the beginning i ask for anyone to contribute any case that have similarity like this story..

BTW there also documented case regarding teleportation that happenend in South America , 2 occupant of a car at night driving home noticed a row of windows 50m off the road, they think they saw a train but there is no train track there. then suddenly they saw a flash and they find they were near a town thats way too far according to the map. when they arrived home they noticed they use less fuel for their journey (which was done routinely).

True or not ? Embelishment or not ? i dont know , but the case are well documented in FSR magazine (i forgot which volume lol).. ditto with the 'mystery train-like row of windows scaring drivers at night' cases.. not limited to South American cases..

** 1 star to you for noticing MUFON link =D
edit on 13-3-2013 by milomilo because: editing

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
a curious case. i wonder if the red city was the inner earth? some kind of temporal distortion effect or whatever relocated the car and occupants for a time. interesting, whatever was the cause.

i really dont know and i dont want to let my imagination run wild with guesses that might be too far fetched.. as usual, any UFO case by itself is an absurdity but we are supposed to look for patterns in UFO cases database. This case really boggles me since i cant find (yet) similar case of teleportation where the car occupant fully aware of their surrounding when the teleportation happened.

usually car occupant experienced time loss when the teleporation happened.

the other possibilities are these teleportation stories are pure hoax , but the number of time loss and teleportation cases are too numerous to be called all hoax..

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
anyone remember the high strangeness case where a group of girls driving a car at night suddenly passing a cross road littered with car wrecks but without sign of wounded/killed ? the girls noticed the strangeness of the scene and the unusual silence surrounding the area and hurriedly drove home..

later they found out they got missing time for few hours and one of the girl was abducted while the other girl was left in the car in a state of sleep-like trance (info gathered via hypnosis, not the most reliable method though so take it with grain of SALT).

so these phenomena can disguise itself by pretending to be a car (read the UK case of mysterious car like object) or trains (the south american case in above post) or anything else that looks natural but still out of place..

i dont remember all the links of these cases , i will look into it , but its all in the FSR magazine articles..

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

this was on a list of cases on about.com, but the story seemed to be relayed multiple times or potentially made up. I believe googling "about.com temporal distortion"

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by vpjanitorial

this was on a list of cases on about.com, but the story seemed to be relayed multiple times or potentially made up. I believe googling "about.com temporal distortion"

i dont think bob pratt made it up, back then they interview witnesses and even took them to hypnotist to look for answers. different than today's method of research which is armchair googling and never goong to field. if you want more info about bob pratt, look at the link and check out his personal interviews and research in south america. even jacques vallee admit bob pratt's thoroughness in field reseaech..

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by milomilo
i dont think bob pratt made it up
I wouldn't call Pratt a liar, but even Pratt says where the story was published:

I investigated the Nuñez case in November 1978 and the story was published in the National Enquirer the following February.
They publish a lot of obviously fictitious stories.

There are lots of problems with this story, but the first one is when the truck passed and they could no longer see the road. If I can't see the road I pull over until I can. But for some reason these guys kept going?

Even if Pratt didn't make it up, maybe the guys telling it did. And if they didn't make it up, why would they keep going when they can't see the road? I know Travis Walton got paid for his story in the National Enquirer and I firmly believe his story is a fictitious hoax, perfect material for the National Enquirer. I don't know who the National Enquirer might have paid for the Nuñez story.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by milomilo
i dont think bob pratt made it up
I wouldn't call Pratt a liar, but even Pratt says where the story was published:

I investigated the Nuñez case in November 1978 and the story was published in the National Enquirer the following February.
They publish a lot of obviously fictitious stories.

There are lots of problems with this story, but the first one is when the truck passed and they could no longer see the road. If I can't see the road I pull over until I can. But for some reason these guys kept going?

Even if Pratt didn't make it up, maybe the guys telling it did. And if they didn't make it up, why would they keep going when they can't see the road? I know Travis Walton got paid for his story in the National Enquirer and I firmly believe his story is a fictitious hoax, perfect material for the National Enquirer. I don't know who the National Enquirer might have paid for the Nuñez story.

if you see closely you will notice that bob pratt works for NE at that time and NE fund the investigation of nunez case. a case of suspect objectivity ? maybe.. NE are notorious for publishing real story with added extra stuff.

i dont think the nunez case is a hoax, something happenend to them, but what is it no one knows other than their recollection from interviews and hypnosis.

off course we can say NE and $$$ corrupts the case just like your belief in travis walton hoax. heck all in all every story can be called a hoax if you look for flaws in witness.

so you believe it or not in this one case doesnt matter, what matter is looking for similar case and finding multiple similar case so the pattern can be discerned.. there one can find if the pattern indicate hoaxing or not.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

There are plenty of cases not hoaxed, but I usually look for them outside of the National Enquirer.

It was actually an article written by a National Enquirer employee that made a convincing case the Travis Walton story was a hoax, years after the story was first published. The NE apparently had lots of info at the time that the story was hoaxed, but they apparently chose not to include the extra information, to sell more copies. So it was not balanced reporting.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
another case of alternate reality mystery.. read the blogger's bio and his views before claiming he lies.

thebiggeststudy.blogspot.com...

I've resisted telling this encounter because it is not only inexplicable but the mere fact that it happened threatens to discombobulate almost any model of reality one chooses to lean upon. Because of that, I thought that all the previous stuff on the blog was "required" to allow a reader to take this with an open mind.

I have several brothers. All of them are great fellows, and all of them are somewhat different. One of them is "grounded" in the real world of work, small town orientation, etc. moreso than most people I know. He is not a fool, and is not to be fooled. He goes very slowly to conclusions outside of the normal. His wife enjoys the thought of the unusual much more than he, but she is also an intelligent, substantive woman. I know them very well.

There is certainty that the incident that they recounted to me was exactly as they experienced it, to their honest perceptions

---

Helen Lane...An Encounter Inexplicable

It was July 1998. My sister-in-law's grandmother was dying and she, my brother, her mother, and other family members had gone to the old home area to be with her in the last days. My brother and sister-in-law got a call saying that the time was probably near, and late in the evening (c.11pm) began driving. The trip to the mother's temporary residence was through a relatively non-built-up stretch normally quite well-travelled, even at night.

This night there were no cars at all. Out ahead, alongside the road, they could see someone walking dressed in white. As they passed, they saw that this was an older woman in a white nightgown. As they proceeded on down the road, they had a wave of guilt as they felt that this was almost surely an old lady who needed help. They retraced their drive down the still empty road. Up ahead again was the old lady. This time they slowed, asked a question, and the "simple" reply indicated that they must take the woman in and try to help her. Her comment was: "Oh God bless you. I am trying to get home".

She sat in the rear of the car between the mother and the cousin, and was generally "normal", saying that her name was "Helen Lane" and giving an address and phone number. My sister-in-law's family had originally lived in this area and they knew enough about the place to find the street address. That did not work out due to there being no numbers on any of the houses,

They drove instead to a fire station that the family knew was active at all hours. Still no traffic. The fire station was brightly lit as expected. They knocked at the door--nothing. They circled the building looking in windows and knocking--nothing.

But, feeling a little creepy now, they drove to a police station that the family knew well. The police station that they headed for was run, as Chief of Police, by another of their cousins The police station was there, as it should be, but still with no traffic. It was brightly lit but showing no activity. Through the large front windows, one person could be seen. My sister-in-law took Helen Lane up the steps while my brother watched closely.

Within there was only this one person. She was a middle-aged woman dressed in civilian clothes. There were no policemen to be seen anywhere. When they came through the door, the woman said "Hello Helen." My sister-in-law told the story and the woman said "We know Helen. We'll get her back home". Taking some information on paper, she said not to worry about anything, it would all be taken care of.

As I said, my sister-in-law was familiar with this station. It was far too empty. No dispatcher, no desk sergeant, no policemen of any kind. It just felt wrong. They let it go and went back to their car and on to the nursing home where the grandmother had just died.

The next morning, both my brother and sister-in-law called on the police station and asked. The Chief, their cousin, was in a position to find out. He told them the following:
1). the station had no record of their visit, nor any particulars;
2). there was no record of the existence of any person named "Helen Lane",as far as their files were concerned;
3). the station should have been busy and active with several uniformed officers on duty;
4). no such person as described as being behind the desk has anything to do with the station, nor does anyone know of such an individual being in the station.

---

What are we to make of this? Some people would like to say that this is "just" another instance of the "Phantom Hitchhiker" phenomenon.This case seems to be telling me that my relatives "slipped into" an alternate reality for an hour or so, wherein the circumstances were very close but not identical to our "real world".

I have to believe that the details as stated happened--multiple witnesses, including some that I'd trust with my life. and, I probably shouldn't mention this, but much later my sister-in-law was showing one of her grandkids the location in which this had occurred. You guessed it. The kid noted that it was , and you couldn't see this at night, a graveyard.
edit on 14-3-2013 by milomilo because: grammar spelling

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
one of known pattern that emerge from many UFO encounter cases is this :

* the dreamlike reality that precede the encounter and during the encounter itself..

many witnesses admits they are feeling strange as if they are entering a 'twilight zone' and their eyes see ordinary things but their minds cannot accept it.

Now of course its all subjective to each person, every UFO encounter seems like very much subject to each person's own perception. Thats seems to be one reason why there are massive number of UFO Forms and many number of entity types. For example, The entities known as Faerie in Irish Lore appears different when you met them in Asia. From their dress to mannerism, these entities seems to use local culture to influence their appearance.. or is it the local people's culture that made the entities appears just like locals ?

One pattern that most nuts-n-bolts UFO researcher tend to discard is the PSYCHIC component of encounters. These phenomena exhibit both Physical and Psychic residue, discarding one or the other will degrade the research's conclusion.

new topics

top topics

join