It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Green Screen" appearing on TV programs, video - whats it hiding?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

^ Sort of looks like that, but spontaneous, off and on, but not a local A/V or resolution setting issue. I dont own a TV but have noticed it suddenly happening on YT vids including on different computers, and have gotten a couple texts from the opposite coast mentioning its annoying while watching TV from fam members, so I know its not local.

maybe posting it here is paranoid... but whats causing it and why is it happening only like in the past weeks? I 've never seen this green screen problem occur here and there before recently.

edit on 13-3-2013 by KamaSutra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
This should answer most of your questions:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Flash player can sometimes show a 'green screen' when it messes up - usually from drivers, or from a buggy update with unexpected results.

I don't think it is an effort to hide anything. Is just flash player breaking. If it's annoying you to distraction, you can use one of the many video downloader plugins for firefox or another browser to watch videos since the actual video format is very common.

Edit: Yes, did some googles. This was posted in 2011, so it's not just my mind making up the random stuffs.

edit on 13-3-2013 by Pinke because: Edit

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Try disabling acceleration. Right click the video, go to settings and uncheck Enable Hardware Acceleration. There's your fix.

Edit: Otherwise try watching the video on higher res if you want to enable hardware acceleration. Doesn't usually work on 240 p and usually 360p videos(they still will be green if HW Acceleration is enabled). It's probably caused by flash not getting along with your video card drivers with hardware acceleration enabled.

edit on 3/13/2013 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Here's someone on Youtube showing how to fix this problem:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Good luck, I hope you fix this. It can be annoying.

new topics

top topics

join