It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US dismissive of 'bellicose rhetoric' after North Korea nullifies armistice

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

well Un has got some worrying about what he plans on doing www.cbsnews.com... form the link

AP/ March 12, 2013, 2:40 PM
Unpredictable North Korea poses serious threat, U.S. officials say
seen an other post where we have 30 ICBM interceptors now what if Un has 1000 missiles? 700 to hit Hawaii Alaska 300 on the west coast and there only 30 to knock the down ???? yes i can give you some numbers to give you 1000 ICMB s for DPRK from 1993 till know 2013 100 per year x 10 years 1000 , i will see if i can find the Missile rang map i posted. if you do not mind.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
here is the link that shows what could be hit by a DPRK missile news.nationalpost.com... and we have 30 anti ICBM's??? What dangerous times we do live in. lets hope that if DPRK does launch they fail to go up but do go boom on their launch pad.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

You're assuming that any of North Korea's missiles (if launched) will make it beyond the first stage rockets.

No, really... we got it covered.... That said, if the North is stupid enough to do that, more power to em.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I think you give our ICBM interception capabilities far more credit than I do. It's not simply the hit and miss (pun intended this time..lol) nature of the testing for the systems, it's the deployment I question as well. Do we have a known number actually deployed and not simply forward staged? The difference in my mind is literally whether they can get launch warning and then launch themselves ..right now, this second, if a launch detection were received ...... or do they need time to arm or even just get authority from higher up?

I don't really count our ICBM interception ability for anything, to be honest. It's a bonus and a big one if it actually catches one in a real attack. If it's Russian MIRV warheads? 0 chance and it's lights out anyway. Primitive NK type stuff are all they're good for anyway.
_____

I'll be honest though. Something bothers me and has been for quite some time now. Iran IS known to be very capable in missile technology but lacking in nuclear weapons development. They absolutely have zero options for testing. The world would go 9 shades of bananas if Tehran popped a trinity type test in their empty quarter desert.

North Korea has had crappy success with ..well, pretty much everything on their first tries. However, they get it right eventually. (Monkeys, typewriters and Shakespeare come to mind). If North Korea mates it's variety packs of nastiness for warhead technology to the very well proven technology of Iranian Mid-Long range missiles?

Well... history is made up of such little shockers to nations on the wrong end, who thought it could never happen.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Yes and this is what worries me. So basically the US is bluffing right along with N. Korea. As it stands we are sitting better with our bluff, because even if we go to war with NK and are spread thin, we would still be able to fight DPRK. However, if we do go to war it will probably destroy our country through economic problems and spreading our military way to thin. Basically, KJU has to become suicidal and declare war. He will die, but he'll take us along with him (though not how he intended with military might).

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The probability that N. Korea will bomb some target is high. The probability that they will use a nuclear weapon is medium. As their production of nuclear weapons and their range increases, the probability that under continued sanctions, they will retaliate to a conventional or modern drone strike with a nuclear weapon increases dramatically. It is logical to assume that once the number of nuclear weapons in their arsenal meets or exceeds the number of cities they are familiar with (as their educational system and priorities are structured differently from most of the world), they will have nearly a 100% chance of striking with nuclear weapons in response to the use of conventional weapons which will be the consequence of a UN member's response to N. Korea's conventional weapons attack on a target in response to sanctions.

Until their arsenal reaches a sufficient number, however, there is a high chance they will continue to use conventional weapons in response to sanctions and strikes while they continue production. If and when their production facilities are struck, they will likely use nuclear weapons even if they have not yet reached their optimal supply.
edit on 13-3-2013 by skynet2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Since N Korea nullified the armistice, technically we are at war again with them.
I concur with the Bunny that it is good of Obama to blow it off..for now.

Hopefully nothing comes of it, but N Korea could launch an attack anytime, it just heightens the tensions even more.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
the only reason they are even saying anything is because the US is over there making it clear we won't take their crap which is just an endless cycle anyway you do it..

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

The thing is we do take their crap. Kim can keep testing nukes over and over and make open threats over and over and nothing happens. But if that was Iran of boy would there be bombs going off like crazy.. Of course Israel has no issue with N. Korea so we let it happen.

N. Korea will mess up on their own and have to pay the price. I personally believe N. Korea is the flashpoint for world war three.

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I get this number form the statements they DPRK have said in the past few weeks and days and reduced it down to 10% thus 1000, rodongSinmun is back up see if i can find that statement "we will rain down on them 10,000 missile an hour and 250,000 shells, they will know us " or something like, it is not word for word.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Yep and DPRK knows that if we the US or SK do anything to DPRK without them DPRK, making the first shot, China will get in the act, as it sits so must we and hope that Un is all mouth and no teeth.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Could he really have been making that many missiles? I suppose anything is possible. Look how totally broke down his nation is. The starvation is epic and he reminds the world that himself every time he's in the mood to beg for aid instead of rattle sabers. I suppose...with the level of underground tunneling they're known to do on the DMZ alone ... ?

Nuclear? I think they may have a few ...at most .. but the OTHER arms of the NBC triad are what worry me. Of all the leaders on Earth, I can think of almost none who MAY be crazy enough to launch a bio-weapon on a missile. Oh, of course the Super Powers made them...but I think it was fear driven. Never actual first strike planning such a nightmare. He could...?

I ONLY thought it out that far because the 250,000 shells sounds absurd ...until one punches the numbers. 11,000 artillery pieces along the DMZ to fire south, as has often been quoted as a number. Well, 250,000 / 11,000 is only 22 rounds an hour, per gun. Any Artillery guys around? How realistic is that pace with older guns? The little goober may be able to do what he says upon South Korea, anyway. Maybe even Japan for Missiles. That would start one hell of a war.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

again that is based on what you go by the MSM or SK or DPRK or China US intel says it has 12,000 heavy and mid heavy 105 to 155 , yes they could put that many shells down on Seoul then there is how well trained are they? How efficient is their weapons. Still looking for the missile statement.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
this link would give you an idea of what it would be like to be under a DPRK barrage www.globalsecurity.org... fromt he link

Without moving any of its more than 12,000 artillery pieces, "Pyongyang could sustain up to 500,000 rounds per hour against Combined Forces Command defenses and Seoul for several hours" Gen. Thomas A. Schwartz said in testimony in March 2001 before the Senate Armed Services Committee. Schwartz heads the United Nations and ROK-US Combined Forces Commands and US Forces Korea.

Towards the end of the Korean War fighting in 1953, the Chinese were able to fire approximately 100,000 rounds per day against US forces, and the number of rounds per day was increasing. A 100,000 round day would be a light day in a new war.
this will not be like Iraq, this will be like nothing we have seen before, i do hope it is all a big bluff and that is just their field artillery nothing on missiles yet

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
this is what is known, and from it, is 1000 but that is all they have or believe to have www.globalsecurity.org... from the link , it is not current intel

In October 2003 a report released by the South Korean defense ministry estimated that North Korea had shipped over 400 SCUD-class ballistic missiles to the Middle East since the 1980s. The biggest buyers were Iran, Iraq, Yemen, and Syria, but also include Egypt and Libya.

North Korea is generally estimated to have about 500 Scuds in inventory The Korea Herald 08 May 2004]. But South Korea's defense ministry estimates that North Korea has about 600 Scuds and about 100 Nodong missiles, Agence France-Presse reported on 07 May 2004. The [DPRK] North Korea was in 2008 credited by South Korea to have 800 deployed missiles but in March 2010 they were credited with 1,000 missiles deployed. That is 100-150 Scud-B's 300 Scud-C's, 350 Scud-ER's and 200 No-dong-A's equaling 1,000 deployed and perhaps 20 No-dong-B's in a single division identified. North Korea is also credited with having enough weapons grade plutonium to have created 6-8 nuclear device weapons that they will eventually be able to place inside a already perfected missile born re-entry vehicle to make a nuclear warhead according to South Korean government analysis.
I still think they have more , they would have to have to make the threats their been making lately

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by bekod

Could he really have been making that many missiles?

What if they are not making them but buying them? It would be hell of a lot quicker and most of N. Korea's budget goes to the military.

-SAP-
edit on 13-3-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
North Korea's leader oversees artillery fire near disputed islands

www.reuters.com...

North Korean leader Kim Jong-un supervised a live artillery drill close to a disputed sea border with South Korea, state news agency KCNA reported on Thursday, in the latest sign of increased tensions between the two Koreas.

KCNA did not specify when the drill took place. The border is seen as the most likely site of any clash between the North, which has stepped up military preparations in response to being sanctioned for its February nuclear test, and South Korea.

North Korea has threatened a nuclear war with the United States in response to new United Nations sanctions and to strike back at South Korea and the United States during military drills that the two allies are holding.

Kim praised the artillery units on two islands after watching them hit targets, in what KCNA described as the "biggest hotspots in the southwestern sector of the front", in practice for striking at two South Korean islands

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

In actuality they DPRK sells them, whom are the buyers Iran Pakistan Egypt are the ones off the top my head i think i have put up a link that tells all this, [just to much to keep track of] so if they can sell them you know they can make them unless it all back door sales DPRK is the broker China being the maker other nation's being the buyer. why silly me it is from my own post, post above

In October 2003 a report released by the South Korean defense ministry estimated that North Korea had shipped over 400 SCUD-class ballistic missiles to the Middle East since the 1980s. The biggest buyers were Iran, Iraq, Yemen, and Syria, but also include Egypt and Libya.

edit on 13-3-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

yea well when he has hand on trigger then ill be paying some notice 'tll then yawn yawn, getting old seeing this and that about Un, web update Rodong Sinmun off line again.

edit on 13-3-2013 by bekod because: line edit

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join