It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Turkson's coat of arms: Yes, I will explain all of the symbolism to your satisfaction.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I've seem some disturbing ATS posts about the obscure symbolism in Peter Turkson's coat of arms and how it may or may not relate to the last pope and the Malachi Prophecies, Aliens, tribulation etc.

Well, I am here to tell you that as much as I want to find weird classic Satanic connotations...I can't. Unless you consider West African symbolism (Asante) satanic.

Alrighty, let's begin:

First of all let us get the basics out of the way. The red ufo on top with the cascading ropes, knots and bells is actually a hat, and it's called the "Galero". It comes from the Latin "Galerum" and it simply means cap or hat made of skin. From galea (“helmet”).

GALERO

Ecclesiastical heraldry: The galero (or "ecclesiastical hat") is still in use today in ecclesiastical heraldry as part of the achievement of the coat of arms of an armigerous Catholic cleric. The ecclesiastical hat replaces the helmet and crest, because those were considered too belligerent for men in the clerical state. The color of the hat and number of tassels indicate the cleric's place in the hierarchy. Generally, priests and ministers have a black hat with cords and tassels, the number depending upon their rank. Bishops generally use a green hat with green cords and six green tassels on each side, archbishops have likewise a green hat with green cords and ten green tassels on each side, and cardinals have a red hat with red cords and fifteen red tassels on each side. Depiction in arms can vary greatly depending on the artist's style.

Personal opinion: Would love to think it's an UFO but let's face it, it's just a hat. However, there may be some interesting numerology/hierarchy hook and line that I might want to bite at some point.

Now let's move on to the knots. Specifically, the figure eight knot a.k.a the "Savoy" or "Fleming" knot. The name of this knots is given by its characteristic appearance. It is the most important stop knot for sailors and navigators and is used to prevent the ends are despasen of pulleys, grommets or eyebolts.
It is also known by the names of knot "Flemish or Savoy" knots.
It's appearance has been intertwined seen as a symbol of affection crossed.
In heraldic has the meaning of true love, appearing in different shields.

Personal opinion: The knot might just symbolize attachment or being "bound" by the title, hierarchy or the church laws. Whenever I feel like stretching it I will say it reminds me of the infinity symbol.

The golden cross behind the shield is the "Crosier"

The crosier is symbol of authority and jurisdiction. This idea is clearly expressed in the words of the Roman Pontifical with which the staff is presented to the bishop elect: "Accipe baculum pastoralis officii; et sis in corrigendis vitiis pies viens, judicium sine irâ tenens, in fovendis virtutibus auditorum animos mulcens, in tranquillitate severitatis censuram non deserens" (Pont. Rom. 77). It is then, as Durandus (Rationale Divin. Off., III, xv) says, borne by prelates to signify their authority to correct vices, stimulate piety, administer punishment, and thus rule and govern with a gentleness that is tempered with severity.

Personal opinion: It's pretty literal, it's a pastoral staff. The Egyptian kings did use a shepherd's crook as spiritual rod and later the shepherd's crook was adopted as a religious ruling insignia by the Christian clergy, so there might be something interesting there.

The shield and it's diagonal red stripe. In heraldry signifies "Defense". Red (Gules) represents a Warrior or martyr / Military strength and magnanimity.

Personal opinion: The red martyrdom connotation seems to be interesting, especially if paired with the "defense" interpretation for that type of shield. The eventually-assassinated pope prophecies are enticing, however, basing them on a simple symbol such as a color or shield shape might be to general to jump to this exciting bandwagon.

Ok, now moving on to the symbols. Starting with top left. Open book with Alpha and Omega symbols. It means the beginning and the end. In the Christian tradition, particularly the book of revelation, it represents Jesus Christ.

Personal opinion: Some people suggest that if he is in fact the infamous "Peter the Roman" then perhaps this is a reference to the first and last Peter. However, other cardinals have this symbol in their coat of arms, such as Cardinal Giuseppe Betori and Cardinal Karl_Lehmann among others.

Symbol on the top right. A castle on top of a body of water. Reminescent of Ghana's national coat of arms featuring the same symbol in the same top-right area.

Personal opinion: Some folks believe this is the beast that arises out of the sea in the book of revelation, but in context with the Cardinal's Ghanian roots, we might see a representation of the presidential palace in Accra on the Gulf of Guinea, and it symbolizes the national government.

The illustration in the center of the coat of arms. A golden cross with a symbol in the middle. This seems to be part of the African symbol system called Adinkra used in Ghana, West Africa.

Personal opinion: Unless shown a stronger more logical interpretation, this shall suffice.

Now let's go to bottom right. The symbol seems to be the GOLDEN STOOL.

Amid thunderous rumblings and a thick cloud of white dust, he conjured a Golden stool from the sky and it floated gently onto the laps of Osei Tutu, thus proclaiming him head of a new dynasty for a new united nation. The stool thus contains the soul of Ashanti and as such the symbol of nationhood. The Golden Stool which is kept under the strictest security and precaution is taken out only on exceptionally important occasions.

The three bent swords are probably Akafrenas, and seem to accompany the Golden stool in different types of illustrations and prints.

Personal opinion: This is the one symbol that confuses me. While I understand one would want cultural references in their coat of arms, but as a Cardinal, religious symbolism of this nature seems a little bold and also seems to have a deeper meaning that (right now) escapes me. I have to research more about this Golden stool before voicing an educated opinion.

The final symbol on the bottom right. The Ave Maria symbol.

Personal opinion: This one seems self-explanatory, unless you want to entertain those other interpretations. Which? these:

edit on 12-3-2013 by lupodigubbio because: (no reason given)

Ok guys, in conclusion I feel like the symbolism for this particular case are pretty well defined. I am not one to judge any interpretations about this or any other coat of arms just wanted to share my views. Thx for the read!
edit on 12-3-2013 by lupodigubbio because: fixing

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
When a cardinal is promoted to be a pope, is he allowed to change his coat of arms? Here is a link to various ones throughout history: Wikipedia Link

From what I can tell, from either 1303 or 1513, the coat of arms have had some distinctive features:

• Crown with 3 gold "lines" around it
  • One gold key and one silver key
  • The cross being the highest part (excluding Pope Benedict XVI's one)

Peter Turkson's coat of arm has:

• The red hat/UFO thing ABOVE the double cross
  • No keys
  • No crown

Although I'm sure that there are other cardinals with these differences, if Peter Turkson was to be named as the next pope, he would be the first pope to have these differences.

• posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:16 AM
    link   
    reply to post by SonicInfinity

Double Cross?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:46 AM
    link   
    Well done!
    I do see a difference in the type of castle as well as the water in front of it.
    Peter’s castle is yellow or gold, has two defensive towers with turrets and the water is blue and black. It is placed on the left upper side of the shield.
    The Ghana castle has a single turret in the middle, a yellow or gold pier, and the water is blue and white.
    According to Raetta Parker Of Indiana University,
    resources.oncourse.iu.edu...
    In heraldry, yellow indicates honor and loyalty. Later the meaning of yellow was connected with cowardice.
    Gold evokes the feeling of prestige. The meaning of gold is illumination, wisdom, and wealth. Gold often symbolizes high quality.
    In heraldry, blue is used to symbolize piety and sincerity. Dark blue represents knowledge, power, integrity, and seriousness.
    In heraldry, black is the symbol of grief.
    In heraldry, green indicates growth and hope. Olive green is the traditional color of peace. Dark green is associated with ambition, greed, and jealousy.
    In heraldry, red is used to indicate courage. It is the color found in many national flags. Brown suggests stability and denotes masculine qualities.
    In heraldry, white depicts faith and purity.
    I'm not sure where to go with all of this, however, I get the feeling that Cardinal Turkson has a 50 - 50 chance of being the Pope. Time will tell.
    SnF

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:07 AM
    link   
    I really don't see how a guy from Ghana is a Roman anyways so it's kinda moot as far as Turkson goes.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:01 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Violater1
    I get the feeling that Cardinal Turkson has a 50 - 50 chance of being the Pope. Time will tell.

Actually, the offshore books are paying roughly 4.25 to 1 on that proposition.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:37 AM
    link   
    Yes the coat of arms will change as soon as a cardinal becomes pope.

Cardinal ratzinger also had this red ufo head.
    Check out this link to see the differences.

en.wikipedia.org...

Oh and, ratzinger/pope benedict has a picture of a black guy on his coat of arms.
    Just saying...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:28 PM
    link   
    well it's not turkson, it's Jorge Mario Bergoglio. let the new conspiracies begin.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:43 PM
    link   
    reply to post by NOTurTypical

That is his "nickname", which he has been affectionately called in Ghanna for many years.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:45 PM
    link   

edit on 13-3-2013 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

My money says he's not the Pope,,, but that's a trip,,, and crazy if he does get it.
    edit on 13-3-2013 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:19 PM
    link   
    reply to post by lupodigubbio

No satanic connections

Sorry, if im wrong i apologise but you must be a cointelpro agent

Google WORSHIP OF SATURN

might help the people who believe there are no Saturnic oh sorry i mispelled satanic connections

Satan is just a different spelling of Saturn

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:30 PM
    link   

Originally posted by jinni73
    reply to post by lupodigubbio

No satanic connections

Sorry, if im wrong i apologise but you must be a cointelpro agent

Google WORSHIP OF SATURN

might help the people who believe there are no Saturnic oh sorry i mispelled satanic connections

Satan is just a different spelling of Saturn

Yep, you're wrong, I'm no cointelpro agent. I am, however, very familiar with the worship of Saturn, as it is all around us. My question to you is: Do you see any CLASSIC Satanic symbolism in this coat of arms? also, do you agree that my thread proved its point, meaning, there is no connection between the Malachi Prophecy and Cardinal Turkson?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:17 PM
    link   
    Looks very masonic to me, can anyone else see the thirty three degrees?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 07:37 AM
    link   
    Yes, other cardinals have that peter symbol, but they were not elected the final pope in malachy prophecy. This guy was.

A hat made of skin? How nice...

A Golden Stool containing the soul of Ashanti? I'm just gonna play it safe here and assume Ashanti was one of the 12 apostles or perhaps a saint???

Whatever it is I'm sure it is totally in following with the instructions of Jesus Christ.

Oh wait, Catholics do not claim to follow the instructions of Jesus Christ. They claim that their pope can communicate with God, who might decide to change the rules, add stuff here and there, but he only tells the pope about it, and its his job to tell us the message. Sure. Sounds good to me! Where can I sign up, since I'm clearly not good enough to talk to my own God? Sorry I know that's not the topic of this thread...

But still, I have a hard time accepting that these symbols are all harmless. But don't let that take away from your accomplishment here. You've paved the way for others to begin their own research, and for that I thank you.

edit on 3/14/2013 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join