It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge approves use of 'truth serum' on accused Aurora shooter James Holmes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honestabe28
Hasn't anyone heard of MKULTRA? They've been using "truth serums" for years...This really isn't that surprising. In the 50's they experimented truth serums with alcohol, marijuana, lsd and shrooms...I wonder what they have in store nowadays.

And if he really was brainwashed by the CIA to kill all those people I wouldn't be surprised if this shooter "kills himself" a day or two before recieving the truth serum.

First, you cannot "program the brain" like a computer. It's not biologically possible.

But even putting that aside, let's look at this logically for a moment. For argument's sake, let's say the CIA DID brainwash him into performing this atrocious act. Do you think the prosecution would risk their entire case by allowing that to come out? Or do you think that the prosecution doesn't realize he is a Manchurian candidate, so to speak? Do you not find it "odd" that the prosecution would ask for something so unusual like a "truth serum" (in violation of the man's constitutional rights)? Why do you think the prosecution would ask for something that is clearly so far removed from protocol? Unless someone told them to ask for it... And if someone told them to ask for it....why would the "informant" tell them to do that? What would be the gain?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

The question over why, is the real question, as you correctly identify. However, if they manage to get this fellow under the needle, then there is unlikely to ever be an answer that we can rely upon for that.

One should also remember that many of the so called truth serums that could be administered, have very unfortunate side effects, if just a little too much is introduced to the blood stream. Some can cause memory loss, and in some doses can induce coma and death.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

What i meant when i said i wouldn't be surprised if he killed himself was that the CIA was going to murder him and make it look like a suicide before anyone has the opportunity to get the truth out of him through a "truth serum"
edit on 13-3-2013 by Honestabe28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I can't possibly imagine that that could be done without consent. Most certainly by law it can't. I'm still trying to figure out what the judge is actually authorizing, and if it's unconsentual administration and interviewing, then it's clearly unconstitutional. Hell, even a forced interview or forced testimony by the accused is unconstitutional.

My hopes would be that if such an interview took place, that it would be instituted by the defense with the intent of exposing an MKULTRA type factor in the perp's behavior.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

What i meant when i said i wouldn't be surprised if he killed himself was that the CIA was going to murder him and make it look like a suicide before anyone has the opportunity to get the truth out of him through a "truth serum"
edit on 13-3-2013 by Honestabe28 because: (no reason given)

Abe,

I knew what you meant... What I'm saying is that theory would have to presume that the prosecution isn't colluding with the CIA. (Anything else would be suicide - no pun intended - for both the CIA and the prosecution.) And if they aren't in collusion, then WHO informed the prosecution to even ask for the serum to begin with?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

See the problem in trying to analyze this case with past protocols and logic is folly.
Nothing about this case make any sense from the act itself to the keystone cop investigation.
Why wouldn't the circus continue with the trial as well?

You can't even find out who Holmes really was, the information about this case is sealed, the media has been fed a steady diet of BS and conflicting stories by the authorities, so welcome to the agenda...

Might as well get used to it; even the sharpest minds on ATS get censored when certain subjects are breached.

...Snopes

edit on 13-3-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

This is dangerous.

We can potentially drug people with hypnotic sedatives to make them say anything you want.
edit on 13-3-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I think many here are failing to understand why and how they are using the serum.

This will not be to gain evidence as to what he did nor will he be on the stand this will be for the purpose of ascertaining whether or not he was technically insane at the time that he committed the murders. This will be used so a psychologist can get an honest answer out of him to see if he has been faking or not. The testimony that will be given will be from the psychologist regarding what he believes his mental state was.

The judge has approved a psychological exam using the serum.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Welcome to 1984.
Now judges can decide they really, really, need the truth. Let's get the truth police to administer some drugs, all in the interest of justice you understand.
Are we not constitutionally protected against testifying against one's self? And against statements made under duress? Even POS mass murderers?
Guess Not!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I agree 100 percent in the use of TS

however with one reserve caveat

The lawyer for those under TS has a right to preview the questions and stop them from being asked...

Also if the state has a law against polygraphs no TS

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I think many here are failing to understand why and how they are using the serum.

This will not be to gain evidence as to what he did nor will he be on the stand this will be for the purpose of ascertaining whether or not he was technically insane at the time that he committed the murders. This will be used so a psychologist can get an honest answer out of him to see if he has been faking or not. The testimony that will be given will be from the psychologist regarding what he believes his mental state was.

The judge has approved a psychological exam using the serum.

Sorry, I call BS. You want to DRUG someone to decide their mental state? How ass backwards is that? And there is LOADS of psychological assessments that were done on him PRIOR to the shooting. Are you suggesting that a psychologist couldn't review his records pre-shooting and meet with him post-shooting and get an assessment on his sanity? If that's the case, then you're saying that NO ONE can be determined to be insane without a "truth serum" yet psychologists make this determination all the time with less evidence. No...the whole premise is illogical and his responses are still "evidence" that is being used against him.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
LOL you yanks are hilarious..
How in the world can you expect the truth
when you allow lies....

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Hasn't anyone heard of MKULTRA? They've been using "truth serums" for years...This really isn't that surprising. In the 50's they experimented truth serums with alcohol, marijuana, lsd and shrooms...I wonder what they have in store nowadays.

And if he really was brainwashed by the CIA to kill all those people I wouldn't be surprised if this shooter "kills himself" a day or two before recieving the truth serum.

I guess I'm the only who takes it for granted this guy was a psy-op to furthur the agenda to disarm the american people? This fool has mind control patsie written all over him. Hell, they don't even have to off him. They could have him come out and say exactly what I just said, and the sheeple are so dead spiritually/mentally no one would accept it, infact that may be the best way to be granted the insanity defense...Psycholgy is a pseudo-science anyways... Very little of it can be proven,and most of it relies on statiscal correlation, treated as causation. The truth serum is irrelevant, they do much worse things to you in prison than a minor injection...most people have to pay for a buzz. I don't condone it, but hell the forced TB shots are just as bad, if not worse, and full of neurotoxins... I've been to a minimum security correctional facility, and I'm going to go out on a limb here and say wherever he is, It's much worse....

edit on 19-3-2013 by Mykey057420 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2013 by Mykey057420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
reply to post by SilentKoala

This is dangerous.

We can potentially drug people with hypnotic sedatives to make them say anything you want.
edit on 13-3-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

Exactly, whatever he says under the influence of this drug, he could refute when back in his 'normal' state but the prosecution would argue that it's the truth because the drug forced 'the truth'.

Could be a convienient cover to get a confession that goes along with the official version of events and tie the case up.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Having the authority to inject anything into the suspect, during any time during his detainment, is incredibly disturbing to me.

Anything could get injected at that point.

What a great opportunity to switch to a syringe with some kind of "cocktail" that could make it look like he had a heart attack or change the outcome of the "interview".

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
What if he says something that dosen't quite gel with what we have been told? What if the actual truth comes out? This could backfire on someone in high places.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join