It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan says "we're not going to give up on destroying the health care system for the American p

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

What needs to be in context? For some reason, liberals want to defend the cornucopia of poverty that is the American Healthcare System by implementing a tithe to it. After all, who, besides the most deranged, think that the #1 cause of bankruptcies shouldn't be slain?
edit on 12-3-2013 by GreenGlassDoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4
I'd like to see some context. You can't make any kind of judgment from a short clip. What did he say just before? What about after? Maybe someone is trying to make him look bad by taking just one sentence out of context.

i understood him completely...and how would that sentence be "out of context" as you say. frankly, i think he said what he really felt, and the mistake or goof is that he didn't put the fairy dust of political speak on it.
why would i say that?....actions speak louder than words, and the republicans voted 34 times to get ride of Obamas healthcare plan, and all failed to get past the senate. they have openly came out and said that they want a voucher system, and block grants to the states for health care...simply put, they want to "destroy" federal healthcare payouts and regulations. there was no ambiguity in what he said.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I don't think this comment's that big a deal.

1. He either misspoke.

2. Or he is referring to Obamacare, as the "current health care system." It's their stated goal to destroy Obamacare, so in effect, they have already admitted to wanting to destroy the health care system.

There's so many ways to spin that comment.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
It's unfortunate that our political system is so messed up. Who knows what he meant... either way for-profit medicine will only end up in higher costs. We need safety nets and we all get sick eventually so we can't pretend this issue can be solved by the market. When you're calling 911 you don't exactly have the time to research which ambulance and hospital you'd like to pay for. And when you're in need of help you can't exactly think what's more cost effective... this drug or the other one.

Life is a pre-existing condition and when you get to your 40s and 50s your whole body can be denied insurance, organ by organ, for various reasons!

The way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if the Confederation secedes again. And then they'll realize it was the demoncratic run states that paid for their bills! But that's another topic

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
I don't have the answers but I do believe...Obamacare IS NOT the answer...
Is RomneyCare the answer?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWrightWing
reply to post by NJoyZ

I wonder how much of a mystery this is. Is there anyone who doesn't know he meant de-funding the disastrous and destructive Obamacare ACA?

I mean, if we're going to hang our hats on gaffes, Joe Biden has an Infinite Hat Rack (A good name for a rock band) that bears at least as serious attention, don't you think?

So now republicans get a pass on what they say - in public - on air? And democrates - don't?

I don't think he meant exactly what he said - 'de-funding' is just a euphemism.

This man is a menance - to Democrates, republicans and anything inbetween and different. He's nothing but a junk yard dog - mean, hungry and loyal to his master (forgive me if I do a disservice to actual junk yard dogs. He couldn't even buy Wisconsin for the republicans in the last election.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NJoyZ

Its right up there with Obama visiting all 57 states...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The main reason that I stand against the Care Act is its need to destroy all patient doctor confidentiality set by many law suits surrounding mainly abortion and female reproductive rights. One has to remember that laws in this country are generally applicable and once the dam is broken like the perception of privacy set by Griswold vs Conn where the right to privacy was coined by the penumbrance of enumerated rights ( www.oyez.org... ) that outlined how us, the people, could have an expectation of privacy in our affairs. However, with the Care Act it's now all up to the nanny state of this crumbling government that the left is so fond of to run our health care and tell us that an aspirin is a fair treatment for a heart attack or dental care is just a cosmetic procedure. This is sure to bleed into all aspects of our lives and the leftest morons that think this to be a natural way of improving a society have not studied recent history, the crowd that ushers in the tyranny are surely the ones who get tortured and imprisoned for being stupid enough to fall for the trick.

edit on 14-3-2013 by SeventhSin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NJoyZ

Any chance we have the full remarks rather than 7 seconds from a known "news" agency that has been caught numerous times parsing words and clips to their benefit?

That way we can make a more logical decision rather than a partisan one?

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by NJoyZ

Its right up there with Obama visiting all 57 states...

No no, that was a gaffe, a mistake, misspoken words; this is true and absolute.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
I don't think this comment's that big a deal.

1. He either misspoke.

2. Or he is referring to Obamacare, as the "current health care system." It's their stated goal to destroy Obamacare, so in effect, they have already admitted to wanting to destroy the health care system.

There's so many ways to spin that comment.

I think you are right here, but also, who knows except Rep. Ryan. It should be noted though that "Obamacare" does nothing for the health-care system. That system is fine, it is the insurance system, in which is heavily regulated and now under the guise of the Federal Government, that is broken. I digress though (did I spell that right? Don't want a proof-reading straw-man again with you).

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Scumbag.
edit on 17-3-2013 by Red Cloak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by roblot
reply to post by Glinda

Why wouldn't the government just give the citizens the option to use government health care? That's ridiculous.

Simple, because government healthcare is extremely expensive, and inefficient. If it was offered as optional it would not be utilized by anyone.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4
I'd like to see some context. You can't make any kind of judgment from a short clip. What did he say just before? What about after? Maybe someone is trying to make him look bad by taking just one sentence out of context.

He was talking about destroying Obamacare. The clip is now used by progressives to make it look like something that is wasn't. That way they can all point fingers and say "see, the republicans want to destroy your healthcare, and we just want to make it free"

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by roblot

If you don't buy healthcare you pay fines and the big bad IRS comes looking for you.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Why is it so hard to understand that the majority of citizens don't want to be forced to buy anything?

That we don't want the government making our health decisions?

I personally believe we should only have health. Insurance companies for catastrophic care.

Healthcare should be between an individual and a doctor, pay as you go directly, middlemen are what costs so much.

And your priorities should include making sure you have money for your own care, maybe one less TV etc?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
Why is it so hard to understand that the majority of citizens don't want to be forced to buy anything?

That we don't want the government making our health decisions?

I personally believe we should only have health. Insurance companies for catastrophic care.

Healthcare should be between an individual and a doctor, pay as you go directly, middlemen are what costs so much.

And your priorities should include making sure you have money for your own care, maybe one less TV etc?

Please don't go preaching personal responsibility. The progressives will be out with nooses calling you a racist who wants to eat babies.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join