It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan says "we're not going to give up on destroying the health care system for the American p

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Paul Ryan says "we're not going to give up on destroying the health care system for the American people"

maddowblog.msnbc.com

House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-Wis.)
. For those who can't watch clips online, Ryan said, in reference to his plans for health care:

"This to us is something that we're not going to give up on, because we're not going to give up on destroying the health care system for the American people."

Coming soon to a campaign ad near you.

Incidentally, if you saw any of Ryan's remarks, you might have noticed that, immediately behind the congressman, there were two women from the House.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 12-3-2013 by NJoyZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I thought this was pretty ridiculous. If it was an accidental combination of words, then I wonder what he was really thinking. Why say anything with the words "destroy" and "American healthcare"? What thoughts prompted that slip? OR
is he really just a conspirator helping to destroy America and our living standards?

maddowblog.msnbc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NJoyZ

I wonder how much of a mystery this is. Is there anyone who doesn't know he meant de-funding the disastrous and destructive Obamacare ACA?

I mean, if we're going to hang our hats on gaffes, Joe Biden has an Infinite Hat Rack (A good name for a rock band) that bears at least as serious attention, don't you think?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NJoyZ

Maybe he' saw Fox News one too many times last night and heard them parroting their BS on Obama destroying the universe with his health care plan.. the word for some reason struck a thought?

who knows.. I can think of many a time Ive said something completely irrelevant to the convo just because it popped into my head at that moment.

People mispeak all the time..

missiles & planes..
putting food on your families..

yadda yadda

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NJoyZ

If america doesnt decend into chaos and bloodshed....

when will jesus come back?

This is his mentality.
edit on 12-3-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Ah, so he's come back out of the gutters to once more share another Freudian slip with us.

Guy is good for a laugh. Wasn't funny when he almost became VP though.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by NJoyZ

If america doesnt decend into chaos and bloodshed....

when will jesus come back?

This is his mentality.
edit on 12-3-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

Speaking of "Mentality"...

If anything will cause anything to descend, it's the Dozens of Massive New Tax Hikes on the Middle Class and Small Business embodied in Obamacare.

Does anyone care for real-world examples to support that assertion?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
And Representative Ryan NEEDS to destroy ObamaCare (the ironically named "Affordable Care Act") in ALL 57 of Obama"a states, affecting ALL 170 newly sequester related unemployed (per Rep. Maxine Waters, (I)diot CA). Maybe they can even have his Legsation translated into Austrian for the President.

The TRUTH is healthcare costs are rising now BEFORE the implementation; this is BEFORE the taxes and fines (imposed in the 20,000 plus pages of regulations). ObamaCare must be rescinded; huge bonfires of the Bill burned in every public square with the ground beneath the embers salted for good measure.

I am awaiting to see what Senator Cruz of TX is planning to do. Hopefully it involves making Harry Reid cry.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Is Obamacare an opt-in health care or do you pay regardless?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Did someone say "Freudian Slip" and "VP"?

Vice President Joe Biden - Endless Gaffe Factory

Thats not "scary" is it?

No serious person can pretend they don't know what Paul Ryan meant. Maddow gets a pass, due to her impressive and vast wealth of ignorance.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by roblot

You either buy into an ObamaCare insurance exchange plan or pay a fine (whose value goes up volumetricly during the initial years of implementation.). The prove of insurance OR ensuing fines fall under the governance of the IRS. Think of it...life saving (or take the pain pill) decisions being made by federal bureaucrats...what could go wrong with THAT???

Kinda makes Gov. Palin look genius like with her proclamation of the forthcoming "Death Panels."

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWrightWing
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Did someone say "Freudian Slip" and "VP"?

Vice President Joe Biden - Endless Gaffe Factory

Thats not "scary" is it?

No serious person can pretend they don't know what Paul Ryan meant. Maddow gets a pass, due to her impressive and vast wealth of ignorance.

Equally scary!

They're all fired in my book.

"Folks, I can tell you I've known eight presidents, three of them intimately." --Joe Biden, Aug. 22, 2012

^ Bohemian Grove. Monte Rio (Sonoma County) California.
edit on 12-3-2013 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Pfft....Healthcare in the USA was destroyed when they decided to make whether someone lives or dies a question of profit and loss...when going into medicine was a money making decision rather than a decision to heal the sick. When becoming a doctor was all about helping yourself and not helping humanity...

Oh well....somebody has to die I guess...might as well be the poor and unemployed. We can't have 7+ billion breeders (and increasing) living to be 100 years old...we will literally eat this planet to extinction...

I believe in freedom...and I have a compassionate human side....I don't have the answers but I do believe...Obamacare IS NOT the answer...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

Why wouldn't the government just give the citizens the option to use government health care? That's ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
If he is bent on destroying the system of high costs, monopolies, and price fixing that is the current US healthcare system then I say, "Godspeed, Ryan!"

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by roblot
Is Obamacare an opt-in health care or do you pay regardless?

Its mandatory to always carry health insurance in some form, forever. If you are too poor to afford an insurance plan off the market, you will probably qualify for medicaid, due to the medicaid expansion that takes effect on Jan 1, 2014. Or, if you are found to be able to afford insurance on your own, you will have to either shop for a plan on either a State-made, or Federally-made Exchange, where you can compare plans and whatnot, or in the current private health insurance market. On Jan 1, 2014, all Americans are required to have health insurance from cradle to the grave. If you are deemed to be able to afford it, and yet you don't purchase a plan, you will be fined by the IRS.

(I also believe (but dont quote me on this) that the IRS is who will deem whether you can or cant afford it, when you go in and file your taxes every year. So I would assume you will start having to show proof of medical insurance when filing taxes)

That's the mechanics of Obamacare in a nutshell

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NJoyZ

Can't stand the republicans and I can't stand these democrats... and I cetainly cannot stand Maddow...it's a lose lose situation

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by roblot

That is the ultimate plan. A single payer, government, one size fits all*** program that you CANNOT buy your way out of; or have ANY choice (don't liberals love choice?) of ANY OTHER source of healthcare insurance. Unless....

***you are a member of the US House; Senate; Supreme Court (including ALL levels of federal judiciary); and Executive branches; along with the many, many "EXEMPTIONS" granted to business or unionsthat are prominent contributors to the DNC.

See how capricious this all is?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda
And Representative Ryan NEEDS to destroy ObamaCare (the ironically named "Affordable Care Act") in ALL 57 of Obama"a states, affecting ALL 170 newly sequester related unemployed (per Rep. Maxine Waters, (I)diot CA). Maybe they can even have his Legsation translated into Austrian for the President.

The TRUTH is healthcare costs are rising now BEFORE the implementation; this is BEFORE the taxes and fines (imposed in the 20,000 plus pages of regulations). ObamaCare must be rescinded; huge bonfires of the Bill burned in every public square with the ground beneath the embers salted for good measure.

I am awaiting to see what Senator Cruz of TX is planning to do. Hopefully it involves making Harry Reid cry.

Thank you Glinda, and I believe this one should slip into the top five Freudian flip-outs into
perverse truth for the year's finalists. A great quote,"If you thought health care was expensive
before, wait until it's free!" And if anybody can make Harry Reid cry, I want to send that chain
smoker a bronzed copy... not that I like him more, but his "last gasp" speech before QE2 was
pretty hot non partisan stuff. Sorry John, just sayin'... keep that match goin'.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I'd like to see some context. You can't make any kind of judgment from a short clip. What did he say just before? What about after? Maybe someone is trying to make him look bad by taking just one sentence out of context.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join