It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austin Texas Billboard Urges Hispanics To Revolt

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

never said the knife didn't cut both ways.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TriForce
A lot of Mexicans already think that they are entitled to parts of Texas, NM, Arizona and California.

Funny, when those areas were nothing but barren, infertile desert, they didn't care about them. Now that they're thriving, populated states they want them back.

Well, California not so much.
edit on 3/14/2013 by AntiNWO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Is this art?

“Arriba Mi Gente” by Nancy Guevara depicts a hoard of people with clenched fists and flags raised, over an image of the U.S.-Mexico border and a heart emblazoned with the Mexican flag logo. The slogan, in Spanish, plastered prominently over the artwork translates “Rise up, my people,” with the idea of uprising clearly suggested.

Paid for by city tax dollars no less.

Just exactly what are they trying to encourage here?

Class warfare anyone?

What would be the response if a mural of a KKK rally were put up on any billboard, much less a city-funded one? What kind of message are taxpayers fronting the bill for, and who does it benefit?

Is this world going crazy or is it just me?

Hispanic-American ATS Members....How do you feel about this?

www.infowars.com...
edit on 12-3-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)
As an American with Hispanic blood running through my veins, I am beyond disgusted and pissed at how my ethnic group has behaved. I am a proud American from Texas, live 3 miles from the border where all the violence is taking place. Stupid, ignorant Mexican-Americans are looting our social services. I personally loathe any Democratic liberal who is of Hispanic descent. All this crap about "Ariba mi gente" and "Si se puede" is just stupid. Sure, I am proud that my grandfather and grandmother LEGALLY entered our country from Mexico. I am also proud that I still have family in Mexico. However, I do not support illegal aliens in any form or fashion. Period. There is a reason we have immigration laws. As a matter of fact, I propose that we adopt and enforce the same immigration laws that Mexico has in place.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchaicDesigns

I felt very uncomfortable watching this. I mean, half the audience is of Hispanic roots, you can just feel the uneasiness in the crowd. What exactly are they trying to achieve here? They have taken much political backlash yet keep pushing this character, which is unusual. What do you guys think?
edit on 14-3-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

Yes, brought to you by the New World Order, the CIA and HLS....lol

The one line that got me, in the context of the back and forth here, was the last coment about "We will see you ectect...we the people".

Its as if they are trying to make the line "we the people" something that certain "types" use. Which then exstends to its use in "we the people in order to form a more perfect government".

Meanwhile the "other side" gets to operate under the banner that this is "everybodies country" and we are only here because we hear if you work hard you can be and do anything.

Remember or in case you were asleep a few years back we had Mexican Nationals working in this country, non citizens for the most part, marched by the 100s of thousands in big cities all over the US. The effort we well organized and coordinated. Most likely organized and coordinated outside this country with the help of a 5th column in this country. But it may not be who you think but certainly the usual suspects were in on it.

The fact that so much of the money made here is sent to other nations by the nationals that work here makes the US look like a host to economic parasite nations sending in thier foreign work forces in to mine the gold. Its just a matter of time before the effect of money not cycling back through the system catches up. You may go down to the local bank to get a loan and find Ricardo, the son of the guy that used to mow your lawn, now runs the bank. Or who knows maybe Chow Ding, the son of the guy that ran that nice little take out place is now a representative for the local bank of China, who by the way found a way to get Don Trumps face on their brochure.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

A lot of Mexicans already think that they are entitled to parts of Texas, NM, Arizona and California.

Anyone ever stop to think had they kept those lands there would still be illegal immigration.

Personally think we right now have a front row seat when one day they will want their very own state just like that deal in the middle east everyone knows so well.
edit on 18-3-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
One day you might all wake up and realise you have more in common with Mexicans than you do with your own political and economic "leaders".

Americans need to wake up and realise Mexicans are not the enemy.

You should ALL arriba mi gente, before it's too late.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Those Che Guevara Marxist radicals are getting artsy fartsy eh.....

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

That is an interesting interpretation, but a more historical one is that she is using the classic Marxist Communist fist of defiance, and OWS uses this as well. Very leftist radical. And the class warfare too. Seems she is trying to break down the wall so that her people can have easier access.

Also the rising up my people slogan sure sounds like Revolution to me. Clearly Marxist type.
edit on 20-3-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by braydenf

i get that all over florida as well

but when someone makes the statement
"If anything it encompasses the plight of EVERYONE in the US"

it obviously doesnt encompase everyone because you are lucky to find anything but english signs in my state and sorounding areas other than the tourist traps ^^

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

i speak three your point?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join