It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austin Texas Billboard Urges Hispanics To Revolt

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Revolting Mexicans?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

"If anything it encompasses the plight of EVERYONE in the US"

yah thats why its in spanish cause everyone speaks spanish ^^ hell half the time i cant even understand the president he speaks spanish so fast LOL

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I think the work is nice and uplifting for those who want to come here, or are here and want to better themselves.

Lift yourself up. Totally agree. Arriba Mi Gente!
Educate yourselves, work hard, claim your rights. Be someone. Dont let anything hold you down. Need more work like that.
edit on 13-3-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

"If anything it encompasses the plight of EVERYONE in the US"

yah thats why its in spanish cause everyone speaks spanish ^^ hell half the time i cant even understand the president he speaks spanish so fast LOL

i live in austin.. there are lots of billboards in spanish here. hell even dallas has loads of billboards in spanish.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim
I think the work is nice and uplifting for those who want to come here, or are here and want to better themselves.

Lift yourself up. Totally agree. Arriba Mi Gente!
Educate yourselves, work hard, claim your rights. Be someone. Dont let anything hold you down. Need more work like that.
edit on 13-3-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

EXACTLY. Alex jones is being ridiculous and blowing this out of proportion.. It was a sponsored event and not taxpayer dollars. So many people not from this area just think its absurd to have something in spanish. "This is america blah blah blah"

Im sorry but down here we have a lot of Hispanic people..nothing wrong with having spanish billboards.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Paid for by city tax dollars no less.

That pretty much says it all as to how far gone our country is, doesn't it? If there are people out there who don't see a problem with things today, they have their eyes closed very tightly.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I think she missed her mark.

She should had painted a picture of the us/mexico border fence with Regan in the forground saying, "mr obama, tear down this fence".

eta: I'm not advocating tearing down the fence. I think we need more fences. When people get together, they become godless.
edit on 3/13/2013 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
reply to post by Signals

Paid for by city tax dollars no less.

That pretty much says it all as to how far gone our country is, doesn't it? If there are people out there who don't see a problem with things today, they have their eyes closed very tightly.

really seems like you have your eyes closed tightly? Take a moment and research the program and think about what the picture says (dont just let Alex jones spoon feed you) It says lift yourself up.. not viva la revolucion. It is a city program that has sponsors. That does mean taxpayers paid for the sign to be put up.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Take a look at a map of Mexico.

Trace with your finger a live from the American border on down to Mexico City. Basically a lot of desert ruled by banditos and the drug cartels. Whole bunches of rattlesnakes and scorpions and Mexican people as dirt poor and nomadic as the aborigines of the Sahara Desert.

They've got nothing else to do with their hardscrabble lives but fantasize the return of Pancho Villa riding a white stallion tossing bags of coc aine to the peasants to swallow in balloons, then smuggle themselves as mules across the Rio Grande.

The reality is that is all these people have in their lives. Make a few buck as coke mules crapping out balloons full of coc aine once they get across the border. Give them a little uplifting, at least give them a little revolutionary art to invigorate their lives for a few moments.

This is the story of an overpopulated planet with way too many primitives. Anywhere you go in the world there are large swaths of terrain with nothing but dirt. As the legendary comic Sam Kinison once said, "Don't send these people food. Send them U Hauls. Tell them to move out of the desert. You can't grow food in the desert."

Cripes. These people don't even have Directv. So they have a few billboard art works that the motorists of Austin can see at sixty miles per hour. Don't worry. The peons out there in the desert between the border and Mexico City haven't seen the billboards. Probably never will.

Now, the whack job murderous drug dealing gang bangers of MS 13 have got Directv in their Cadillac SUVs. They're probably getting a hoot out of art appreciation week in Austin. WTF?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I think you misunderstand the meanning of the word ARRIBA,wich means in term of the depicted masess on the bilboard,GO!,or VIVA ,wich is interpreted as a way of support,or encouragment.Totally diffrent from inciting to violence,wich instead of ARRIBA or VIVA should be GUERRA MI GENTE. But the situation in Mexico is desperate the only thing mexicans can do in this country is show support to the ones left behind and the ones that are suffering tha narco-war consecuences.There is a terror state in the mexican border.Believe mexicans are not revolting in US soil.Similar example is when you place a bumper sticker showing support to the the troops in Iraq war.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
By the way, do you know why General Patton wore two pistols?

Back in the day when Patton was in 'Black Jack' Pershing's command chasing Pancho Villa in Mexico, Patton got into a gunfight with a two of Villa's banditos. Patton killed the two banditos. Then tied their bodies onto the hood of his jeep like shot deer, and drove around displaying his kill for the day.

Patton credited his success against the banditos to having two handguns with him that day, so he didn't have to reload. Ever since, Patton wore the dual sidearms.

Paint me a picture of that gunfight, will ya?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by coltcall

good god have you actually ever been to mexico or met any mexicans??

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
meanwhile...the people of Texas still don't give a # what xenophobes across the country think....

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I wouldn't have a problem with this billboard (which I do) if it said "Rise up my people" and showed mexicans in lab coats, or studying books, or in suits acting as lawyers, or doctors, or something. Instead it shows a mob of people essentially rioting and picketing.

It's obvious its racist. It's obvious an uneducated small minded person thought up this "art" or the would have seen the bigger picture and actually given her raza something positive message wise. Instead it's lets start a riot.

Finally rise up against what. Your infinitely better life in the USA or the fact that you had to leave your S*$)#y country because it sucked so bad their. No seriously answer that question. What the F do you really have to bitch about?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by braydenf

No. Pray tell me what a Mexican looks like so if I meet one I won't think its an ET. Duh????

Published on Mar 4, 2013

the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is preparing for "massive civil war" in America.The federal government is preparing for civil uprising," he added, "so every time you hear about troop movements, every time you hear about movements of military equipment, the militarization of the police, the buying of the ammunition, all of this is . . . they (DHS) are preparing for a massive uprising."
There's no hyperbole here," he added, echoing Trends Research Institute's Founder Gerald Celente's forecast of last year. Celente expects a collapse of the U.S. dollar and riots in America some time this year. A d v e r t i s e m e n t

Since Celente's 'Civil War' prediction of last year, executive orders NDAA and National Defense Resources Preparedness were signed into law by President Obama, which are both politically damaging actions taken by a sitting president

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
illegal immigrants are revolting!
please
pass the soapy water

as i understand it the only revolt the illegal mexicans are actually engaged in is the return to mexico because the US economy sucks so bad they have to go back to mexico to earn a living

35 million illegal Mexicans have proved one thing:
it has proved the us gun culture is an ineffective resistance against an unarmed invading enemy

edit on 13-3-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

How to Survive a Zombie Attack

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by coltcall

well either
A ) you have never actually been to mexico or meet someone from mexico... or
B) you really are that ignorant you believe the propaganda that all these people have going for them is being a "coke mule" and that mexico is nothing but violent drug lords and gang violence in every part of it.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Yeah. You're right. It's really unemployed Canadians who are working as coke mules crossing the Rio Grande.

What was I thinking?.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join