It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austin Texas Billboard Urges Hispanics To Revolt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Is this art?

“Arriba Mi Gente” by Nancy Guevara depicts a hoard of people with clenched fists and flags raised, over an image of the U.S.-Mexico border and a heart emblazoned with the Mexican flag logo. The slogan, in Spanish, plastered prominently over the artwork translates “Rise up, my people,” with the idea of uprising clearly suggested.

Paid for by city tax dollars no less.

Just exactly what are they trying to encourage here?

Class warfare anyone?

What would be the response if a mural of a KKK rally were put up on any billboard, much less a city-funded one? What kind of message are taxpayers fronting the bill for, and who does it benefit?

Is this world going crazy or is it just me?

Hispanic-American ATS Members....How do you feel about this?

www.infowars.com...
edit on 12-3-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
A lot of Mexicans already think that they are entitled to parts of Texas, NM, Arizona and California.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
That's pretty inflamatory. And it should never have been paid for with tax dollars. I would not fault anyone who defaced it.

On closer inspection, it looks like CG. Notice how the billboard is in focus, but everything else is not. I am definitely calling CG.
edit on 3-12-2013 by groingrinder because: Edited for more words.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Just for good measure...

Nancy Guevarra won a 2011 contest funded by Reagan National Advertising called, Art for The Masses, wherein 10 winners had their art displayed on billboards in Austin which are owned by RNA.

This is from the artist's website, and I assume that it is the ethos behind her painting.

“By changing ourselves we can change the world, that traveling El Mundo Zurdo (the left hand world) path is the path of a two-way movement– a going deep into the world, a simultaneous recreation of the self and a reconstruction of society."

-Gloria Anzaldua for Nancy Guevarra

nancyedithguevara.org...

At the very least, the work of all the winners in the contest would have to be compared before crying out "social engineering!", or what have you concerning any conspiracy theory.

Also, in my opinion, the quote provided by the artist is stunningly beautiful.
edit on 12-3-2013 by Bybyots because:
Muahahahahahah

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

Indeed, I too had looked for more info and found only others instances of their art and their website where I read that blurb, and thought I must not be looking hard enough.

The line between art with that intent and the sudden barrage pf alexjones type websites, was invisible.

It went right from art to conspiracy.

Hard to tell. I think it's hardly inflammatory. But I don't live there and I don't know the atmosphere.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The image does look CGI, although there is the slight possibility it is an enhancement of the billboard as is, cannot say with 100% certainty. I like the 3D aspect of it though.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Horrible photoshop work.
This is as fake as it gets.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Nay; it's real...

The artist won a contest put on by a billboard company, and the image on the billboard is derivative of the one posted in this post. Check my above post for more links.

nancyedithguevara.org...

For crying out loud, the website is given in the image...

www.austinartboards.org...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Here are some more links which may be used to make up your minds on this one...

This is the very video, indeed, which has an interview with the artist, Nancy Guevarra, she is an American from Laredo Texas.

vimeo.com...

And here is a link to all ten winners in the billboard contest...

2011 Austin Art Boards Winners

I am just going to go ahead and say it, because I believe it: this is why Alex should be run off the airwaves. He is screwing with you.

And finally, here are links to the actual sponsors of the Austin Art Boards contest, which includes RNA, as stated, as well as Twitter and Facebook, along with...

Jerry's Art-Arama

and the now defunct, but always nefarious, Holland Photo of Holland, Texas.
man alive.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
this is not a "hoax" people...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I wonder if the billboard showed men with pointy white hats and robes said to rise up if anyone would care..

Gs

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TriForce
A lot of Mexicans already think that they are entitled to parts of Texas, NM, Arizona and California.

I know !
Who do they think they are living in pre-US
cities like San Antonio, El Paso, Laredo, San Diego, Los Angeles
and all the way up to San Francisco?

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Well this is obviously meant squarely for Mexican immigrants. So what do they need to revolt against exactly?

Being Hispanic, though not Mexican, I just can't understand what the revolt would be over. Is it illegal revolting to be allowed to enter illegally? Is it Americans of Mexican heritage to revolt against white people? Republicans? Border agents, what exactly? Is this some kind of call to reintegration Atzlan?

Paid for by tax dollars? Well how do tax payers of Mexican heritage benefit from this kind of expenditure?
These days Im not really against revolt by the people. But I want to see revolts from the American people as a whole. Not some obviously racially motivated revolt that would do nothing but create chaos...Which is what I'm assuming is the goal.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
LMAO the thought of people actually thinking it is calling for Mexicans to rise up and revolt is laughable. If anything it encompasses the plight of EVERYONE in the US, (after all she is an American), and I see it as a call to unite with other downtrodden people in a world dominated by power elites taking advantage of those of us at the bottom of the barrel.... that's my take on it. The last thing we need is people further divided. Oh well, read into it what you will, no one is going to change your mind.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Do people even pay attention to billboards anymore? Personally, I don't see no big deal. It was a part of a contest and she won. And if one billboard in one city is going to make people revolt, then maybe people ought to seek into renting billboard space instead of calling for revolts on forums.

Peace

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GermanShep
I wonder if the billboard showed men with pointy white hats and robes said to rise up if anyone would care..

Gs

What they need to do is have that billboard, followed by a black power billboard, followed by a KKK billboard. All within sight of each other. If that doesn’t make people think, then nothing will.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Gs

Yes because anyone against this kind if racially inflammatory call to revolt is obviously going to approve of the KKK doing the same thing.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing

Originally posted by TriForce

I know !
Who do they think they are living in pre-US
cities like San Antonio, El Paso, Laredo, San Diego, Los Angeles
and all the way up to San Francisco?

Yea well, sucks for them, spoils of war. Anyway Mexico doesnt need more territory to ruin and corrupt

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I wish they would revolt. Revolt hard. I wish that all 11-15 million of them would take up arms and revolt. I wish they would never give up until the last one of them buys the farm. While that's going on, lets seal the border - hey lets talk to the Chinese. The Chinese built a 5,500 mile wall starting in around 60 BC, therefore it can be done! Yet, the 2,000 mile border with Mexico can't be sealed a couple of thousand years later.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Gs

Are you kidding? White people are the *only* people who get punished for being racist. It is when you are being racist *against* whites that you get a free pass.

Hey, I wonder when they will start confiscating guns from white people for being white. Seems like a "politically correct" thing to do.

Personally I'm sick to death of all the racist crap. I've never prejudged or been biased against anybody in my life, ever, for being of a different ethnicity. My family arrived in this country well after the Native Americans had been decimated, after slavery had been abolished, and nobody in my lineage ever owned a slave--they were dirt-poor farmers themselves, could barely afford shoes let alone slaves. We never stole anything from anybody, didn't take anybody's land or oppress a soul. So naturally I am *REALLY* sick of being punished for being white.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join