It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Cancer? What causes it? Is it curable?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SinMaker

Uranium is plentiful in our soil. If you are a gardener, I believe you have a higher risk of getting cancer than smoking.

Actually, uranium is very rarely found in soil. The abundance of Uranium (as U-235) in the earth's crust is only 2.7 milligrams per kilogram. Aluminum, for example has an abundance of 30,000 times as much. Because it is found primarily in sedementary rock, it is seldom found at the surface. Of much more significance is the radon gas emitted by uranium oxide ores.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by luciddream

It could be curable, but our method now is just nuking the entire building to get some bad guys out and hoping the good guys out weight the damage done to the build and hopefully rebuild it.

So what you say is nuke the body with chemo radiation to kill one cancer and create another cancer while at the same time seeking more effective ways of ridding cancer? Supporting big pharma I don't get you.

Actually, thats a good anology. The treatment for "cancer" kills all living things. Sure they try to "target" the tumor but really what they are doing with their toxins is killing you to the point of dying and then relenting, hoping that "treatment" kills the cancer but leaves you just barely alive to heal. Its a science of toxicity to fight a revolution of the body against itself. Horrific from any perspective.

Personally, I wonder how I am not dead of it many moons ago. I smoked tobacco and other nasties most of my life. I bathed in trichloroflouro computer degreaser for years in the industry. I have lived under bridges, dove in dumpsters and eaten a poor diet, not always by choice.

(quickly makes distinction this is not a boast of pride)

So tell me... why do some get cancer and die so quickly so young and deserving of a chance at life?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by minor007

I would have went into details about it being using as a energy source for the cell but it was not my main point.

The point i was arguing is that it cures HIV and Cancer like many like to spout, which it does not, i could say the same thing about normal water. That it helps with curing Cancer.

Vitamin C does not directly do anything to HIV virus or Cancer cell, there for saying Vitamin C cures HIV and Cancer is a incorrect information.

I have nothing against Vitamin C, it me its just another chemical structure. Because i criticize such things does not mean im automatically a pro "big pharma", whatever that scary word is.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I would reserve an opinion on whether or not it can cure cancer. Obviously if you take vitamin C hoping it would cure your cancer than yes I will agree with you completly. However some cancers are caused by cells not recieving the kill signal and start growing as tumors and I believe that cells in a acidic enviornment find it hard to get that signal to die. If you can get the blood ph back to an alkaline state the cells might along with vit C may start dying off and removing the cancer altogether.

And heres an scientific abstract of VIt C as a cure for some cancers.Link
edit on 13-3-2013 by minor007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

That i agree. But Vitamin C is not the only thing that would help pH levels in the circulatory system, It is just most commonly used and thought to be safe due to being common in fruits and such.

When i see lines like this to possible cancer patients"screw big pharma medications, take vitamin C and you will be good"..

whether big Pharma is making money in the procedure is not the issue, but the established treatment(the science) such as chemo and radio does in fact help patients survive 20-30 yrs longer.

Big pharma taking advantage of the science does not mean the science is evil.

Add:

Actually the link you provided, according to their methods, its In vitro... they did it outside the body.. it will not exactly work like that inside the body.
edit on 3/13/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
the best answer that i have heard is this one

"LATEST CANCER INFORMATION
from Johns Hopkins

AFTER YEARS OF TELLING PEOPLE CHEMOTHERAPY IS THE ONLY WAY TO TRY AND ELIMINATE CANCER, JOHNS HOPKINS IS FINALLY STARTING TO TELL YOU THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE WAY …

No they're not...Hoax

Just to keep the story straight, eh?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Add:

Actually the link you provided, according to their methods, its In vitro... they did it outside the body.. it will not exactly work like that inside the body.
edit on 3/13/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

Yes but taking normal Vit C orally the body only absorbs a small amount of Vit C. For Vit C to be effective you have to make the body be able to absorb more Vit C. Lipsomal Vit C gives a high degree of absorbtion
edit on 13-3-2013 by minor007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Cancer,..............
What if cancer was nothing more than a figment or a manipulation of your imagination? What if been simply told you have cancer is the catalyst? What if the symptoms are nothing more than the effects of the treatments, what if, what if what if,. Yeah a lot of them but why? What is the source or the reason?

Well, The Cancer Act of 1939 prohibits anyone disclosing known cures, ( or is that just my interpritation)
Who benefits financially because of cancer? The Pharma companies.
How do they profit?
Because the medication they give may infact be making everything worse, worsening your symptoms perhaps or one cancelling out the other.

Same goes for dentists which i believe are part of the neurological illnesses via mercury poisoning. How many of you have went to the dentist for a check up and required fillings when you believed you had no problems beforehand? Did the dentist insist on fillings or xrays?
Mercury.

I will share more if asked but hey its my opinion.
Its also my opinion that most of the living things on Earth require sunlight,..........yet we as a species are told to cover up or plaster ourselves with sunscreens.
My belief is that sunlight increases our immune system and that we are designed in such a way that our DNA naturally repairs us all but what we consume or apply may indeed be causing the problems. Dig deep enough and it all boils down to money.

Sorry if i trashed your thread.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I am familiar with ALL. Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia.

I studied it for five years and it seems through that said study that a few main virus's are a contributor to the cause of this disease above. Stress is also a leading cause of illness and disease.

We have cancerous cells and or harmful cells within our bodies, however our bodies are constantly battling for us day in and day out. When our bodies immune systems are low fighting virus's or stress, sometimes the cancerous cell can get by the fighter cells and grow enough to be cancerous and mature. Once they are mature they have a mind of their own and run the show.

Even with radiation, the matured cancer cell/cells are able to play hide and seek elsewhere in the body.

Chemotherapy also harms the bodies fighters and is not a valuable cure either.

Healthy diet and meditation is awesome for helping our bodies fight. As we age, its easier for the harmful cells to get by the fighters so as we age its even more crucial we try and take care of our immune system.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I would have went into details about it being using as a energy source for the cell but it was not my main point.

The point i was arguing is that it cures HIV and Cancer like many like to spout, which it does not, i could say the same thing about normal water. That it helps with curing Cancer.

Vitamin C does not directly do anything to HIV virus or Cancer cell, there for saying Vitamin C cures HIV and Cancer is a incorrect information.

I have nothing against Vitamin C, it me its just another chemical structure. Because i criticize such things does not mean im automatically a pro "big pharma", whatever that scary word is.

I really take exception to your post. You don't have a clue what you are talking about. You really should read the medical data and get educated before you post your GARBAGE!

FACT: High Dose Vitamin C KILLS Cancer Cells

I have tons of medical studies to PROVE it, but I'll give you this one:

Given the new knowledge of the clinical pharmacology profile of parenteral ascorbate, the next steps were to determine whether and how pharmacologic ascorbate could selectively kill cancer cells. To mimic clinical pharmacology, cancer and normal cells were incubated for 1 h in cell culture media containing pharmacologic ascorbate concentrations ranging from 0 to 20 mmol/L. Of the normal cells tested, none were affected by 20 mmol/L ascorbate. In contrast, more than three-quarters of the 43 cancer lines tested showed sensitivity of ≤10 mmol/L, defined as the effective ascorbate concentrations for killing 50% of a cancer cell type (EC50) (60, 64). Addition of the enzyme catalase to the cell culture media, which catalyzes decomposition of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) to oxygen and water, ameliorated the cytotoxicity of pharmacologic ascorbate. Based on these and other in vitro experiments, the killing of cancer cells was proposed to be mediated by H2O2 formation, which in the presence of reduced transition metal catalysts is classically thought to produce the highly reactive hydroxyl radical (OH·) species. This is commonly referred to as Fenton chemistry, where ferrous iron (Fe2+) is oxidized by H2O2 to yield ferric iron (Fe3+) and OH·

Compared with controls, pharmacologic ascorbate decreased growth of established tumors by ~50%, which included models for ovarian, glioblastoma (brain), and pancreatic cancer. In situ instrumentation showed that parenteral administration of pharmacologic ascorbate resulted in steady-state formation of H2O2 within the interstitial fluid of both normal tissues and tumors, where concentrations approaching 200 μmol/L were detected

The effects of pharmacologic ascorbate on tumor growth in animals have now been confirmed in many laboratories, using the following models: hepatoma, pancreatic cancer, colon cancer, sarcoma, leukemia, prostate cancer, and mesothelioma (62, 66–71). In these studies, ascorbate doses were the same or

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Oh and lets not forget about Vitamin C's affect on HIV before someone starts believing your nonsense:

Long-term experiments showed that continuous presence of ascorbate was necessary for HIV suppression

These results further support the potent antiviral activity of ascorbate and suggest its therapeutic value in controlling HIV infection in combination with thiols.

PubMed

AND MORE:

Preliminary clinical evidence is that massive doses of ascorbate (50-200 grams per 24 hours) can suppress the symptoms of the disease and can markedly reduce the tendency for secondary infections. In combination with usual treatments for the secondary infections, large doses of ascorbate will often produce a clinical remission which shows every evidence of being prolonged if treatment is continued.

PubMed

AND MORE:

Ascorbate deficiency is common in HIV-positive patients and is associated with impaired detoxification of sulfamethoxazole-nitroso, the suspected proximate toxin in sulfonamide hypersensitivity. Patients taking daily ascorbate supplements (500-1000 mg) achieved high plasma ascorbate concentrations and did not show this detoxification defect. Ascorbate deficiency (or supplementation) was not associated with changes in glutathione or cysteine concentrations. These data suggest that ascorbate deficiency, independent of thiol status, may be an important determinant of impaired drug detoxification in HIV infection

PubMed

Vitamin C plays a very important role in the treatment of HIV.
edit on 13-3-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

That i agree. But Vitamin C is not the only thing that would help pH levels in the circulatory system...

Clearly you don't know your stuff on Vitamin C.

Vitamin C is a powerful antioxident which helps rid of harmful toxins from the human body.

Vegetables (greens) help with maintaining proper pH balance in the human body.

Reiterate:

Im seriously tired of people with no knowledge parroting crap...

You should not post what will haunt you later on...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

So tell me... why do some get cancer and die so quickly so young and deserving of a chance at life?

You are echoing the sentiments of the OP, thanks. Getting people to question, and use their minds, is often a tough task to accomplish.

Is cancer random?

That's tough to answer. I want to say it can't be fickle, but let's look at the overall cellular replication process.

Sometimes the cells divide properly, sometimes uncontrollably. Let's blame the genes in the DNA for that. Each gene is a copy from a previous version, so there is SOMETHING that buggers the copying process. What? That's what we're rationalizing here.

Why isn't the SOMETHING consistent? Why aren't we capable of stating specifics?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Hardly trashing. You stated your opinion, and that's what ATS is all about.

However, if you ask a cancer survivor if it was all in their mind, I'm sure they'd give you a piece of it.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

Yes, the doctors first studying AIDS, termed cancer a retrovirus, at some point, as well. With little success to approaching a cure from this standpoint, though, if I remember correctly.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

(Fringe Reliquary: If the body is composed of cells, and the cells, molecules, and the molecules, atoms, and the atoms, electrons, protons, and neutrons, which are then composed of quarks, how far back can we go before we dissolve into quantum foam? How does this factor in to the uncontrolled growth of cells?)

reply to post by Druid42

Wow. Wish I had a better word for where this took my mind awandering, but am losing brain cells rapidly, and so lose track of my best vocabulary on a regular, and usually most inconvenient timely basis.
Of eveything you wrote, which was fascinating, this really stunned me, with its implications, and even trying to ponder what this could mean. I'll keep trying, though, and maybe have an epiphany while I'm at it. Here's hoping I'm still capable of those.
Great thread, and especially that question for consideration above.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

We have cancerous cells and or harmful cells within our bodies, however our bodies are constantly battling for us day in and day out.

Excellent perspective to present. A virus is a cellular organism, quite harmful to our bodies, and our immune system functions 24/7. So very true. It's when our immune system breaks down that we get colds, the flu, and diseases. In fact, our bodies are designed to fight off ANY foreign bodies, whether respirated, ingested, or dermally absorbed. It tries to maintain a balance, and keep all systems functioning normally.

Case in point: When I got a vasectomy 4 years ago, I asked what happens to the sperm my body produces. I was told that my immune system sees the sperm as foreign bodies, and absorbs them, and will build antibodies that deter sperm production.

Anti-bodies, therefore should play a vital role in this discussion, and how cancer overwhelms the natural system of antibodies our bodies produce.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Because I think there is no one answer to cancer, programmed into DNA, set off by a wound not healing and cellls becoming overzealous in repairing and not stopping their supposed "repair" until they produce a new mass of cells with mixed messages, that just keep dividing and spreading, and then instead of healing the initial wound, just take over normal functions where they aren't needed and start interfering on a terminal level.

Or, perhaps, it is a combination of programming in DNA, and the environmental exposures, and/or stress to the individual, that set off a kind of cascade of reactions resulting in the disease. Or all combined. Perhaps it is parasitic infestation. Don't laugh. Totally possible. We are programmed to believe in this country that we don't have and aren't susceptible to many parasites, like, say in more tropical less developed countries. I find this doubtful. But I think tropical medicine research, which has the most information about this, isn't applied in this country much. But parasitic infections are disease vectors, cause wounds within which do not heal without proper diagnoses and then treatment, and this surely, would set off a cellular reaction to heal a wound, while the cellls never get the message to stop dividing, or keep dividing because they are unable to heal the wound, because the wounds continue due to the parasitic infection still being present and feeding upon your body, as parasites do, by definition.

There's a lot of money to be made in disease, in attempting to cure it, but not quite doing so. Doctors aren't the culprits. They are as manipulated in the situation as we patients are. At least, from what I have seen. Research is becoming more common in regard to parasitic infection and infestation in this country, though, and I think we will find eventually that they are far more prolific disease vectors of all kinds than we have previously thought.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

FACT: High Dose Vitamin C KILLS Cancer Cells

But doesn't Vitamin C cause blood PH to turn acidic? I'm under the impression that cancer cells thrive in acidic environs.

Can you clarify that?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Ever since you asked me why yesterday, I been struggling with that.

One reason a gene strand becomes altered is by radiation. Look at the gene strand as a sheet of music with a song on it. Shoot holes randomly through the sheet and eventually you will hit some notes. Try and play that piece and there will be missing parts. The song still plays but the melody is changed. If you copy that sheet, the same errors are passed on.

Any single cosmic ray, gamma ray or x-ray is enough to mutate a strand, there is no safe low dose. The potential to strike exactly the right part of the gene in order to give rise to cancer is slim. That slim random chance is offset by the number of energetic particles zinging about 24/7 from every direction and passing through the bazillion cell nucleuses that make up our bodies.

And that is just radiation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join