It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tuition Assistance Suspended for all Branches

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
To add insult to injury, the government is still funding education assistance for Pakistan! Spending 12.7 MILLION on "allies" that act as though we are the enemy is apparently alright with some, but spending promised funds on tuition for underpaid, overworked military members isn't? This is a clear case of priorities revealed. Someone "standing with the Muslims", who "can no longer trust the military".

link

Then, in another display of the idiocy of these budget cuts, we are told that meat inspectors will have to be laid off, but there is still money to teach immigrants how to collect food stamps. [url=http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/18/dems-preserve-us-mexico-food-stamp-partnership-while-usda-prepares-for-meat/?intcmp=obinsite]link[/url ]

Can someone direct me to the airsick bags, please?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by swimmer15
reply to post by coltcall

You don't build a successful political career in the most corrupt state in the union on integrity. The man and his people are snakes.

Yeah...Chicago has a helluva reputation.

The term 'underworld' came from Chicago's gangland history. Back when downtown Chicago businesses were built on a raised boardwalk to be above the overflowing Lake Michigan flooded streets, criminals did their business beneath the boardwalks. Hence the term 'underworld crime.'

The term 'money laundering' likewise comes from Chicago gangland history.

The Chicago Outfit pulled out the elections of three presidents: Truman, JFK and Obama.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Tuition assistance is saved

www.navytimes.com... 013/03/military-congress-saves-tuition-assistance-for-all-but-coast-guard-032113w/

Civilians still facing furlough, but letters have been delayed by 2 weeks. Now I must be honest... as a DoD Civilian, I'm upset because if they end up still furloughing us 22 days, that means that I'll have to take off 4 days in one pay period which leaves a 40% pay cut for one pay period. I'm hoping they at least reduce out days to 20 now since they've delayed 2 days of furlough.

www.navytimes.com...

edit on 22-3-2013 by SilentKillah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKillah
Tuition assistance is saved

www.navytimes.com... 013/03/military-congress-saves-tuition-assistance-for-all-but-coast-guard-032113w/

Civilians still facing furlough, but letters have been delayed by 2 weeks. Now I must be honest... as a DoD Civilian, I'm upset because if they end up still furloughing us 22 days, that means that I'll have to take off 4 days in one pay period which leaves a 40% pay cut for one pay period. I'm hoping they at least reduce out days to 20 now since they've delayed 2 days of furlough.

www.navytimes.com...

edit on 22-3-2013 by SilentKillah because: (no reason given)

Well, I am glad they got it back! Mine has but a little time left in, and wasn't able (because the idiots running his unit didn't get internet for everyone, and only for some) to take classes for a lot of the time he's been in. Hopefully, he can finally finish up before retirement. Can't begin to express how impatient I am for the last day!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by TheMadVet

My son called the wife and I last night about this letter here as he is in the USAF as well.
He says he is finishing his time and getting out.
Funny ehh?
I imagine israel is still getting full funding, both weapons and cash aid.
Bail out the other guys ship while ours sinks...
We need to stop supporting terrorists organizations and start fixing US.

(Edit)
5 flags and not a word to say about this horribly backward situation...
edit on 12-3-2013 by g146541 because: ...

I'd really hate to point out that our people coming home are considered "Terrorists" .......Can you expect anything less for our soliders????

edit on 5-4-2013 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join