It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats, please don't be intimidated by Republicans at polls tomorrow.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
They aren't supposed to do it but sources say they will be out in DROVES trying to intimidate democratic voters from voting by challanging them at the polls. Particularly in minority areas where voters can be intimidated more easily. Don't be afraid of them. There are a lot of ways to intimidate people and I heard on CNN they will try to use them all. Be prepared, but be American! Be bigger than they are.

They will stop at nothing, no matter how underhanded to prevent Democrats from voting fairly. That is one of the reasons you are hearing about so many attorneys at-the-ready for this election day.

[edit on 1-11-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869
but sources say they will be out in DROVES trying to intimidate democratic voters from voting by challanging them at the polls

Oh? What sources are you referring to? Kerry's bunch?
Or something more reliable? (anything would be more reliable).

I am VERY glad that there will be checking at the polls
going on. There are too many dead people voting during
elections these days. If someone is legally and correctly
registered to vote ... they will be able to vote. If they are there
to steal someone else's vote or to vote for a dead person ...
they belong in jail.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Boy, I am glad they will be checking too! I can't believe republicans are resorting to that kind of tactics. I heard a lot of people with two houses are voting twice and yeah, a lot of dead people are registered. I saw stories on CNN and MSNBC on it yesterday, and what republicans want to do made my skin crawl.

[edit on 1-11-2004 by bootlug]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I don't understand why Americans wear their political leanings on their sleeve. Nobody will know who you are voting for, at any time. Or maybe it's different over there. Is it customary to blurt out your preffered candidate as you walk from your car to the voting booth?

How will anyone be able to intimidate voters? Do they stand in parallel lines right at the doors and push and heckle you as you walk through? Do they note your number plate and yell "We know where you live!" as you lock up your car? Are volunteers allowed to accompany you to the voting booth and watch who you vote for, or alert those nearby that you have voting for the "evil one"?

Park, lock, walk, vote, walk, unlock, drive.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Them republicans they are such terrible people. What is wrong with you democrats? People are people and I am sure there will be as much harassment from democrats as the other way round. Look at the RNC where they broke into the conference to harass people. It's rather juvenile to say that republicans are cheats etc -

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
If one is challenged what does one need to show? I am disabled and as a result of this my reflexes are not quick as I think they should be and I have let my license run out since I don't think it is safe for me to drive. What do I need, a current (no pun intended lol) electric bill at that address, a phone bill showing my address? Anybody know what is acceptable?

[edit on 1-11-2004 by goose]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
With widespread vote fraud in St. Louis, Northern Illinois, South Florida and Michigan during the 2000 Presidential Election, the Republicans are just making sure that its 1 vote per person only!

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Here is a website with a study detailing how many voters were not allowed to vote in Florida, after reading it I just have a real problem believing the republicans are out to protect my voting rights.
www.usccr.gov...
Here is the second page of the report with names and ways they were kept from voting.
www.usccr.gov...

also here is emails from the republican campaign (accidentaly got sent to wrong email box) with lists of voters they are probably going to challenge.
www.georgewbush.org...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Text Democrats, please don't be intimidated by Republicans at polls tomorrow?

Really? you most be joking, tomorrow will be the wrong time to feel any intimidation by the Republican party at all.

The fun is just starting and I got enough pop-corn to last me until the inaguration on January.

[edit on 123030p://111 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I think it is something a lot of people are concerned about, especially in states like Florida and Ohio and some of the so called swing states. A lot of people were kept from being able to vote last election and in a time when their running neck and neck in the polls you can bet that they are going to be challenging every voter they can; not only to slow down voting and thus making some voters leave due to time obligations such as getting to work or whatever. But also using some of the same tactics they used last time. I myself am worried about being challenged due to not having a current drivers license even though I have lived at the same address for 12 years. If democrats are not allowed to vote then the election could go either way like it did last time. George Bush would not be President if the voters in Florida had been allowed to vote for Gore, many were not due to the polls being blocked and inaccessible, some polls closing up to two hours early in heavily registered democrat areas.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose
If one is challenged what does one need to show? I am disabled and as a result of this my reflexes are not quick as I think they should be and I have let my license run out since I don't think it is safe for me to drive. What do I need, a current (no pun intended lol) electric bill at that address, a phone bill showing my address? Anybody know what is acceptable?

[edit on 1-11-2004 by goose]

You don't need anything, that's a scare tactic some are using "You must have an ID". If someone challenges you, you'll just get a provisional ballot. You still get to vote, but your info will be double-checked later.

EDIT: I meant, the ID requirements varies from state to state, usually a photo id, it's best to check yopu county's Supervisor of Elections, but if someone challenges you, don't worry if you don't have a certain document.

[edit on 1-11-2004 by curme]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by curmeYou don't need anything, that's a scare tactic some are using "You must have an ID". If someone challenges you, you'll just get a provisional ballot. You still get to vote, but your info will be double-checked later.

EDIT: I meant, the ID requirements varies from state to state, usually a photo id, it's best to check yopu county's Supervisor of Elections, but if someone challenges you, don't worry if you don't have a certain document.

Thanks curme, I just looked up the voters bill of rights for my state (Va.) and that is what it says, but about the voters bill of rights, is that the same for every state? I was going to post a link to it if it covered everyone. There are a lot of people who don't know their rights about voting and I don't see the media going over this at all.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I had no problems voting today, nor did i see anyone trying to challenge anyone. Though I can't speak for some of the more minority and urban locations.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
why kind of democricy is this?
if people have to go through all this $hit?

is this what the USA wants to spread in the middle east?

top topics

join