It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shape-Shifting Jesus Described in Ancient Egyptian Text

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Shape-Shifting Jesus Described in Ancient Egyptian Text

A newly deciphered Egyptian text, dating back almost 1,200 years, tells part of the crucifixion story of Jesus with apocryphal plot twists, some of which have never been seen before.

Written in the Coptic language, the ancient text tells of Pontius Pilate, the judge who authorized Jesus' crucifixion, having dinner with Jesus before his crucifixion and offering to sacrifice his own son in the place of Jesus. It also explains why Judas used a kiss, specifically, to betray Jesus — because Jesus had the ability to change shape.

"Without further ado, Pilate prepared a table and he ate with Jesus on the fifth day of the week. And Jesus blessed Pilate and his whole house," reads part of the text in translation. Pilate later tells Jesus, "well then, behold, the night has come, rise and withdraw, and when the morning comes and they accuse me because of you, I shall give them the only son I have so that they can kill him in your place."

In the text, Jesus comforts him, saying, "Oh Pilate, you have been deemed worthy of a great grace because you have shown a good disposition to me." Jesus also showed Pilate that he can escape if he chose to. "Pilate, then, looked at Jesus and, behold, he became incorporeal: He did not see him for a long time ..." the text read.

Visit the link for the full article... LiveScience.com

Well ATS, here's another controversial finding about most contoversial person in human history.
One thing that is new to me and didn't know about before is that Pontius Pilate is consider a saint in Ethiopian and Coptic churches, and this deciphered text speeks in favor of it.
All in all interesting read, I didn't make up my mind yet about this, and would love to hear from you.
LOL I cannot resist, shapeshifting aliens!?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

incorporeal [ˌɪnkɔːˈpɔːrɪəl]
adj
1. without material form, body, or substance
2. (Christianity / Ecclesiastical Terms) spiritual or metaphysical
3. (Law) Law having no material existence but existing by reason of its annexation of something material, such as an easement, touchline, copyright, etc. an incorporeal hereditament
incorporeally adv
incorporeity [ɪnˌkɔːpəˈriːɪtɪ], incorporeality n
]

so he turned into a spirit of sorts

and you get shape-shifting alien from this ?

what a joke

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
if he changed shape all the time, young and old men, white black red etc, how did judas know who he was?!

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

read the source, will ya?

it clearly says there that Jesus had the ability to shapeshift

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

IDK, suppose Judas known his secrets, how he works out shape shifting, uhh, it's really confusing

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Thanks, this is an interesting read. Since it was written 800 years after most of the stories about Jesus place him, it's likely a piece of creative writing and not an actual historical report (unless older documents containing much the same story can be found). I didn't know Pilate was honored among some religious sects, yet he did wash his hands of the whole thing and tried to get Jesus off the hook. Jesus seems to have wanted to go to his crucifixtion, something people who move large enough amounts of data, as well as those who initiate and organize active achievements which substantially alter civilazational habits enough to create world-changing agreements (often the same people), must have in order to "balance the energy". Recent examples are people like Mohandas Gandhi, or Dr. King (who was the Civil Rights Movement's spokesperson and up-front symbol), In this story Pilate was willing to trade his son's life for Jesus'. "Thanks, dad!"

The shape-shifting thing is interesting. Remember, by some gospel accounts (even if they were added on later) Jesus' apostles didn't recognize him because he was able to look different. So popping in and out of Pilate's sight may have been in his bag of tricks - like Robert Downey Jr. in the recent "Sherlock Holmes" movies.

edit on 12-3-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

It was meant to be a joke, thanks, but from the deciphered text it has been clearly stated that Jesus was able to shape shifting into other men, also that he got the ability to vanish and be absent for a long periods of time. Read it, it's interesting, and lighten up a bit

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

it basically says the same thing in the bible.

Luke 24:13-33 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
The Road to Emmaus
13 And behold, two of them were going that very day to a village named Emmaus, which was [a]about seven miles from Jerusalem. 14 And they were talking with each other about all these things which had taken place. 15 While they were talking and discussing, Jesus Himself approached and began traveling with them. 16 But their eyes were prevented from recognizing Him.

it doesn't say shape shifter, but that they didn't recognize him.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

So, an early Muslim document throwing deceptions into reality (and make no mistake, reality is what the Bible says, like it or not) is supposed to sway my beliefs on who Jesus is?

I don't think so.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Hmm yes, so basically with this text deciphered we have Jesus actually having the 'last supper' with Pilate and not the apostoles like has being said, and shockingly, Pilate offering his child to be sacrificed instead of Jesus, which tells all the opposite from modern christian teachings.
Even if fiction, this ancient text sheds new light on the christian religion, and who knows, maybe it's the piece of paper escaped to be suppressed.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25

So, an early Muslim document throwing deceptions into reality (and make no mistake, reality is what the Bible says, like it or not) is supposed to sway my beliefs on who Jesus is?

I don't think so.

Nowhere it was being said that it's the Muslim document. As far as I'm concerned, this document may have originated from Coptic and Ethiopian churches which are Orthodox Christian.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by godlover25

I don't think so.

you dont read op's, linked articles, or christian history, do you?

start again, read it all... and look up "coptic" as well..

you'll then thank east africa for the religion you believe in

sheesh

ETA: sorry OP, a really interesting read, i had no idea pilate was so highly regarded by the copts too - thanks for posting
edit on 12-3-2013 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I don't think it means literally change shape. I think it meant many people could be called "Jesus since he was so popular. If one had never seen him, but had heard of him, then someone could tell a guard anyone was Jesus and how would they know?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister

Thanks, this is an interesting read. Since it was written 800 years after most of the stories about Jesus place him, it's likely a piece of creative writing and not an actual historical report (unless older documents containing much the same story can be found). I didn't know Pilate was honored among some religious sects, yet he did wash his hands of the whole thing and tried to get Jesus off the hook. Jesus seems to have wanted to go to his crucifixtion, something people who move large enough amounts of data, as well as those who initiate and organize active achievements which substantially alter civilazational habits enough to create world-changing agreements (often the same people), must have in order to "balance the energy". Recent examples are people like Mohandas Gandhi, or Dr. King (who was the Civil Rights Movement's spokesperson and up-front symbol), In this story Pilate was willing to trade his son's life for Jesus'. "Thanks, dad!"

The shape-shifting thing is interesting. Remember, by some gospel accounts (even if they were added on later) Jesus' apostles didn't recognize him because he was able to look different. So popping in and out of Pilate's sight may have been in his bag of tricks - like Robert Downey Jr. in the recent "Sherlock Holmes" movies.

edit on 12-3-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

Everything ever written about JC should be considered "Creative Writing" IMHO.

And wouldn't this new revelation of shape shifting explain where Jesus was on the third day?

He didn't have to move the stone. He slithered underneath it.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

you dont read op's, linked articles, or christian history, do you?

start again, read it all... and look up "coptic" as well..

you'll then thank east africa for the religion you believe in

sheesh

What in the world are you talking about?

Obviously, you don't know the religious history of Egypt nor the timing of the Muslim conquest of Eqypt.

The dating of this document would definitely fit that time period and it is very much a Muslim belief that Jesus didn't die on the cross, which totally contradicts Christianity altogether.

edit on 12-3-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

nope, i'm pretty sure that it was paranoia and ignorance that was on display there.

talking of which, where in the op article does it talk of these manuscripts saying jesus did not die on the cross?

didn't you read it either?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Shape-Shifting Jesus

OP... this might mean something.

This might explain the gospel accounts of how Jesus just escapes from angry mobs of priests.

They got up, drove him out of the town, and took him to the brow of the hill on which the town was built, in order to throw him off the cliff. But he walked right through the crowd and went on his way.
-Luke 4:29-30

Yes... he was being dragged towards a cliff... but Jesus just walks "right through" the crowd and goes on his way?

here are some more instances....

At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.
-John 8:39

Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp.
-John 10:39

Invisiblity? Teleportation?

How could Jesus just escape like that?

edit on 12-3-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Jesus turned water into wine, created a ton of food out from nothing, healed lepers, walked on water, resurrected the death and then ultimately rose himself from the death. That's just a few things I can come up with out of my head.

So..Jesus could make himself invisible? Oh boy! This surely changes EVERYTHING

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

What part in the extracted text that the OP quoted did you miss about Pilate offering his son in Jesus' place to die? The word crucifixion was used three times in the first two paragraphs. You do know that Jesus was crucified on a cross or a stake? No? I'm guessing not.

edit on 12-3-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

John 9:39

39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join