It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's 'Electrical Heartbeat' Can Be Seen From Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
According to MessageToEagle, we can see Earth's electrical heartbeat. Our atmosphere has some electrical conductivity and it behaves like a giant electrical circuit. Here's a quote from the article which will be posted:

At any given moment about 2,000 thunderstorms roll over Earth, producing some 50 flashes of lightning every second. Each lightning burst creates electromagnetic waves that begin to circle around Earth captured between Earth's surface and a boundary about 60 miles up. Some of the waves – if they have just the right wavelength – combine, increasing in strength, to create a repeating atmospheric heartbeat.
This fascinating phenomenon is called Schumann resonance.

I think this is really cool. Earth alone is really neat, let alone our entire universe.
Here's the article for anyone who wants to take a peek: Our Planet's 'Electrical Heartbeat Can Be Seen From Space

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The Schumann Resonance has been known for many years. It's the Earth's natural frequency, resonating at around 7.0-7.8 I personally don't believe the lightning storms are actually part of the equation. Try studying some basic physics in energy. I'm not a physicist, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by blahxd67

I hope you don't mind, OP...

This is a wonderful topic for a thread and very interesting.

I know this is a really broad stretch so soon in the game, but I can't help but wonder if the dip in the intensity of this Schumann resonance at approximately 03:00 a.m. globally has something to do with sensitive people reporting waking up regularly at that time.

Thanks for posting.

P.S. I apologize, stuff like the Schumann resonance is not any area of expertise for me. But I am understanding from reading a little that we seem to derive a feeling of well being while this Schumann resonance is strong and it seems, from a cursory look at what decent material I can find, that it has to do with Alpha waves.

Seems reasonable to me that when this feeling of well being dips, certain sensitive types wake up and feel as though something is wrong. 03:00 a.m. and 03:30 a.m. are often associated with paranormal visitations of all types.

Looks like we might be able to chalk it up to brain science and earth science somehow. Which would be totally awesome and a lot more interesting than succubi and phantasms.

Go Science! (Maybe.)

edit on 12-3-2013 by Bybyots because: maybe.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by w8tn4it
The Schumann Resonance has been known for many years. It's the Earth's natural frequency, resonating at around 7.0-7.8 I personally don't believe the lightning storms are actually part of the equation. Try studying some basic physics in energy.
You may want to follow your own advice.

People who have studied physics are the ones saying energy from the lighting is what's resonating.

If you think it's not that, then what is resonating? And do you have any evidence, or are you just making up things to suit your beliefs, as opposed to aligning your beliefs to what the evidence shows like people who study physics do?

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by blahxd67
According to MessageToEagle, we can see Earth's electrical heartbeat.
It's more like an electrical wind instrument, which can only resonate at certain frequencies due to the size and shape of the "resonant chamber".

Blow across the top of an empty bottle. You hear a sound. That's the resonant frequency of the bottle. Schumann resonance is like that. It's an interesting effect, but "heartbeat" is a stupid name. It's Schumann resonance, why not just call it that, instead of making up some stupid name that doesn't fit, like "Earth's heartbeat"?

top topics

join