It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

too broke to continue, [UPDATED]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Have a happy star and welcome back!

P

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

they dont understand open source, or anything that i do,

Some old folks are dinosaurs and will never understand today's lingo.
I, on the other hand, understand completely. Lord knows I've had plenty of open sores before. Oh wait!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
back at you buddy

feels good to know where my next meal is coming from,
feels bad to have to rely on my parents.

sleept like a baby last night after a good meal

xploder

Don't worry brother, been there done that a couple of times. It never makes you feel all that good, but sometimes you need that reach to get back on your feet. I've done it twice, after life fell apart. Truth is, it always turns around at some point.

Anyway, I have a welcome back present for you, which I hope is not too out of line. I've always admired your av, and in a fit of boredom one night did an improv.

One with the original member status...

And one with the updated fighter status...

A small gift from me and the BTS Avatar Creations crew.

edit on 20/3/2013 by 74Templar because: spelling

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

thanks guys
and thanks for the flash avatar,
i shall wear it with pride

i love it thank you my friend

xploder

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by XPLodER

they dont understand open source, or anything that i do,

Some old folks are dinosaurs and will never understand today's lingo.
I, on the other hand, understand completely. Lord knows I've had plenty of open sores before. Oh wait!

they dont understand the idea that good ideas should be the property of everyone,
they are trying to make me charge for my ideas,
which goes against my core belief's,

but after the last week i have had, i kind of understand i need to earn to survive,
so im a bit conflicted.

but things can only get better from where i was last week,

so if you know anyone who wants a custom network designed for money let me know

xploder

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by natalia
reply to post by XPLodER

Welcome back friend. dance til you drop!

Peace and love
-nat

now that put a smile on my dial
thanks darling

im back

xploder

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Good on you!

Welcome back!

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Good on you!

Welcome back!

sometimes it takes hard times to remind you of whats important
being at home with the parents is tough, but no where near as bad as being hungry

it will take a while to get back on my feet, but im going to learn how to code.
hopefully launch a new web sight

xploder

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

they dont understand the idea that good ideas should be the property of everyone,

xploder

The hardest thing for many to comprehend is that thee most important thing in this life is to take care of YOU. And, that takes money. If you have something of value to share with the world, there is no reason on earth why the world shouldn't pay for it. Remember, the society we live in invented the money game, and if you don't play, then you become a burden on loved ones and society if you end up on the welfare lines.

Admittedly, it's a sucky game, but that's life.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Good on you!

Welcome back!

sometimes it takes hard times to remind you of whats important
being at home with the parents is tough, but no where near as bad as being hungry

it will take a while to get back on my feet, but im going to learn how to code.
hopefully launch a new web sight

xploder

A man is judged NOT by how many times he gets knocked down, but by how he stands back up.

Looks like you're standing just fine..

Glad to have you back!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

xploder

The hardest thing for many to comprehend is that thee most important thing in this life is to take care of YOU. And, that takes money. If you have something of value to share with the world, there is no reason on earth why the world shouldn't pay for it. Remember, the society we live in invented the money game, and if you don't play, then you become a burden on loved ones and society if you end up on the welfare lines.

Admittedly, it's a sucky game, but that's life.

while i dont like it, i do agree with you,
up till now i have been freely trying to change the world with ideas,
with Algorithms and network designs and innovation that benefits everyone,
i had assumed that i would get attribution and work from people exploiting my ideas.

i now see thats not how the world works,
i need to make money to enable me to continue in my open source work.
thing is i have never run out of ideas and at times have had so many ideas that i could not possably complete them all,
i thought it was better to give the ideas to the world for free, but open source dosnt have to mean free.
i know that now after a big talk with my family.

i have a plan to learn to code and to supply the ideas partially complete so that i can afford to live well enough to be able to drive my ideas forward.

i guess you can be a genius with tech and numbers and be an idiot with business

no one i have helped has ever said thanks or given me attribution,
which leads me to believe that i must pave the way for myself.

i have many ideas as good or better than the ones i have released.
time to get organized.

i will always be in favour of open source, just some things will be proprietary so that i can afford to give other things away.

hard times really do clear the brain,

xploder

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

"I guess you can be a genius with tech and numbers and be an idiot with business."

I think you are selling yourself short. Way back in 1980 I devised a concept of a workable paperless office. At the time the Tech could not support it and it was not until 1990 that the Tech level was sufficient.

The problem is that there is no way to sell a concept. That is because you do not have that dog eat dog, killer instinct that is quite disturbing in my mind.

The new path you have chosen is a good one. Any other path leads to your valuable concepts being effectively stolen. This happens all the time and is considered good business practice by many.

The days of the laudable genius is gone. Truly, we need it back, but the piranhas do not want to pay for ideas that they could have thought of themselves, if they ever had an original thought, but once you tell them it is so damn obvious that it is a good thought, that they think they should own it.

I can't can't count the number of concepts I have lost due to this process.

The paperless office will have to wait. It would have redefined about half of the business world. Poo poo happens.

P

edit on 21/3/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar

back at you buddy

feels good to know where my next meal is coming from,
feels bad to have to rely on my parents.

sleept like a baby last night after a good meal

xploder

Don't worry brother, been there done that a couple of times. It never makes you feel all that good, but sometimes you need that reach to get back on your feet. I've done it twice, after life fell apart. Truth is, it always turns around at some point.

Anyway, I have a welcome back present for you, which I hope is not too out of line. I've always admired your av, and in a fit of boredom one night did an improv.

One with the original member status...

And one with the updated fighter status...

A small gift from me and the BTS Avatar Creations crew.

edit on 20/3/2013 by 74Templar because: spelling

Oh man i nearly cried when I read that.
You guys are awesome

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Welcome back Xploder...

Good to know that you are keeping the stiff upper lip and head up high.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
reply to post by XPLodER

"I guess you can be a genius with tech and numbers and be an idiot with business."

I think you are selling yourself short. Way back in 1980 I devised a concept of a workable paperless office. At the time the Tech could not support it and it was not until 1990 that the Tech level was sufficient.

The problem is that there is no way to sell a concept. That is because you do not have that dog eat dog, killer instinct that is quite disturbing in my mind.

i realised early on in the development of my one of my network designs that i had two choices,
1/ patent the concept and spend four years building up a company and selling the rights to use.
2/ release the algorithm and describe the implementation into the "commons"

i determined that the largest benefit overall was if the entire world community had free access to the design,
this would enable free to use codecs for the HTML5 specification, and companies could use the algorithm in a "transport" that would allow for less "overhead" and faster transfers of data, for more efficient networks.
the "spectrum crunch" was a huge factor in deciding to release the design,
as was the need for a "privacy company" that would use the new transport to the benefit of end users.
it came down to getting rich or helping to solve many issues at once.

i choose the health of the internet over personal wealth. to me it was a mathematical equation
i never factored in the lack of attribution in my calculations,

The new path you have chosen is a good one. Any other path leads to your valuable concepts being effectively stolen. This happens all the time and is considered good business practice by many.

when you place something into the commons it is a "gift" therefore it cannot be stolen, as it was given freely

The days of the laudable genius is gone. Truly, we need it back, but the piranhas do not want to pay for ideas that they could have thought of themselves, if they ever had an original thought, but once you tell them it is so damn obvious that it is a good thought, that they think they should own it.

IMHO no one should "own" or "obscure" ideas that are in the benefit of mankind, sometimes the only way to change an industry is to give everyone a "new level playing field" or monopolies will emerge.

I can't can't count the number of concepts I have lost due to this process.

i feel your pain, i know what it feels like to spend years developing something amazing only to realise that it must be given away for it to have the desired impact. i too have had designs "stolen" besides the ones i have "given"

The paperless office will have to wait. It would have redefined about half of the business world. Poo poo happens.

P

edit on 21/3/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

indeed it does

i refuse to let my situation make me jaded or upset,
it has made me angry, but that has just fuelled my mind to think bigger

xploder

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

A man is judged NOT by how many times he gets knocked down, but by how he stands back up.

Looks like you're standing just fine..

Glad to have you back!

thanks buddy

it interesting how the support of people you have never meet face to face can give you strength

i look forward to getting into coding as a challenge, and making a new type of web sight.

the love from you guys is inspiring me

xploder

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
Welcome back Xploder...

Good to know that you are keeping the stiff upper lip and head up high.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

thank you for your kind words

it really feels good to be back

things can only improve from here

xploder

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I would very much like a world where we could give ideas away for free and be thanked for them. Unfortunately we also have to eat and feed the kids and the dog and pay the bills.

I don't like the world, it is a bitch of a place. I do have to survive in it!

P

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Charity begins at home. No person is fit to help or give to anyone else if you are not healthy physically, mentally and financially.

Good to see you are taking charge of your life.

One really important thing that I have learned from my life so far is to be careful when asking for another persons advice when it comes to your own goals. When you ask and believe the answers given. You only limit yourself to another persons judgement.

If you believe what others tell you is possible, your own obstacles in life can easily become your goals. Be careful who you accept advice from.

Just some wisdom I have learned from experience that applies to everyone. All the best for the future.

edit on 24-3-2013 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join