It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Deputy Governor of Baghdad Assassinated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
As we have all been told there is a good possibility that the new OBL (UBL) tape was to be a trigger for assassinations. We have all been looking here and abroad for any evidence to support this. Well here is the first clue that the attacks have begun. An early morning attack Monday has left the deputy governor of Baghdad dead.
Hatem Kamel Abdul Fatah was assassinated Monday on his way to work. The attacks happened in Zaydan, a city that remains home to terrorists and is run by Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, terrorist from Jordan, who has sworn allegiance to Osama bin Laden, according to U.S. officials.

www.cnn.com
Baghdad official assassinated

The deputy governor of Baghdad has been assassinated in a drive-by shooting in a southern neighborhood.

Unknown insurgents gunned down Hatem Kamel Abdul Fatah on Monday morning while he was on his way to work, Ministry of Interior spokesman Col. Adnan Abdul Rahman told CNN.

His two bodyguards were wounded in the attack in the Al-Dora district of southern Baghdad and police are conducting an investigation.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This could be completely unrelated. This could simply be the Iraq insurgents, but it could also be the first attack of many to come.

Now, this just in, a second assassination has occured. Assassins in a gray Opel automobile shot and killed Interior Ministry official Capt. Aisar Khalil.

The rest of that story can be found www.cnn.com...

[edit on 1-11-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I think it's unrelated.

Members of the Iraqi government have been getting killed for months now.

When we start seeing somebody from Yemen or Saudi Arabia getting killed, that's when people should start getting worried.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I agree with AceofBase. I don't think it's related.

When the house of Saud starts getting knocked off
and American politicians (or British, or Australian) politicians
are shot at ..... then I'll make a connection.

BTW - the 20 year curse has not hit G.W. (yet?). Remember
that curse that only Ronald Reagan survived? He survived
because it's an Indian curse and Reagan is 1/4 Cherokee
(or so it is claimed). Lincoln fell victim to the curse, but it
was early (10 weeks or so into) during his second term.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
At first I thought it may just be a coincidence, and that was less than 30 minutes ago, but now there is a second assassination and the group that is being held responsible has strong ties with OBL. Only the future will tell for sure, but I think that we should monitor this situation.

[edit on 1-11-2004 by K_OS]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
i think it is to early to say wheather or not it is the start of something.....

as for a u.s pres. security is wayyyyyyto tight for anything other than a very large attack to succed. gw was in minneapolis last sat...it was funny to watch how the 'leader of the free world' has to have the entire freeway system shutdown in order to have his convoy of 20 or so, heavily armed and armored suvs and limo go from point A to point B.

p.s. ...kerry will be no different...2 sides of the same coin...neither one is worth anything different from the other one

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by K_OS
I think that we should monitor this situation.

I agree - and add that connections between the Bush regime, bin Laden family and OBL should not be forgotten. ...Bush policies support the bin Laden Saudi regime and help establish a NWO that includes the bin Laden's in the ruling multinational faction. ...has no one noticed this little detail?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
[Reuters AlertNet] RUSSIA - Russian air force general shot dead - reports

"Dementyev was deputy commander of Russia's strategic long-range air force"

www.alertnet.org...

Best regards,
Morgan Clements
Publisher TerroristWarning.com

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
If it was just the first one, it could have been a coincidence. Then the second assassination, could be just Iraq-related. Now with the Russian AF General as well, this is certainly something to monitor.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Possible 3rd terrorism related assasination...

[Sofia News Agency] AMSTERDAM - Dutch Filmmaker Killed in Amsterdam

"Dutch filmmaker Theo van Gogh, who made a controversial film about Islamic culture recently, has been shot dead in Amsterdam"

www.novinite.com...

Best regards,
Morgan Clements

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I wasn't overly surprised at the Bagdhad hit. The Russian general's killing was almost worrisome, but the shooting of the Dutch film-maker strongly suggests a pattern. Assuming that the latest OBL tape was the trigger for these assassinations, it makes sense that the "softer" targets would be hit first. More substantial operations would be slower off the mark.

This bears careful watching.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerroristWarningDotCom
Possible 3rd terrorism related assasination...

[Sofia News Agency] AMSTERDAM - Dutch Filmmaker Killed in Amsterdam

"Dutch filmmaker Theo van Gogh, who made a controversial film about Islamic culture recently, has been shot dead in Amsterdam"

www.novinite.com...

Best regards,
Morgan Clements

This is something that would happen in islamic country... speaking out about islam will get you killed. But it's a european country, makes you really wonder who is in control, the dutch or muslim immgritants.

It's pretty clear that muslims can't live in europe. They should create a new policy.

[edit on 2-11-2004 by Thinker]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Hmm, I wonder if there will be more.

As each one is added, the odds of "coincidence" fall through the floor.

Let's see if this is part of a larger scheme...

new topics

top topics

join