It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Killer Commando Dolphins From Ukraine On The Loose

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

i suggest looking for them in Canada

Only possible if these dolphins are smart enough to find their way out of the Black Sea.

The Black Sea

I wonder.......

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
At least they are not sharks with laser beams attached to their heads.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
On the flipper side of this, maybe they deserted and will be petitioning the US for asylum.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

you attach it to their scuba gear(if they are trained anything like united states militarized dolphins) they get a device that they can ram into divers that fires a compressed cylinder of co2 with a projectile into their blood stream.we have used them for decades much to peta and other animal rights activists complaints they help safe guard our ships in port from sabotage and can be used to deactivate mine fields(aquatic ones) and would mostlikely be the first "troops" sent in if the straight of hormuz is closed by mines.en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by eisegesis

the most advanced sonar on the planet is what militarized dolphins can bring to the table...even today in the tech age the human brain is the most advanced computer in existence and still to this day can not be replicated with technology i figure its something along those lines.....that and they can hold their breath longer then humans (even longer with scuba gear) we also train seals (edit to change my ignorance they use sea lions not seals)to do comparable missions
edit on 12-3-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
They ran away because commando dolphins only answer to Chuck Norris.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas
reply to post by eisegesis

...even today in the tech age the human brain is the most advanced computer in existence and still to this day can not be replicated with technology i figure its something along those lines.....

While you are right about their sonar ability, the processing ability of computers will quickly surpass ours.

By 2018, supercomputers could operate 100 times faster than the human brain.

IBM's breakthrough chip technology lights the path to exascale computing.

That was in late 2010, that is what the public is allowed to know.

So their sonar must be the only reason I can see to keep using them.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
In the off chance they were able to join up with another group of dolphins, I wonder if they could teach thier fellow dolphins whatever tactics they were taught.

I'm picturing hundreds of dolphin assault teams attacking various fishing industry targets...perhaps the eventual establishment of an independant maritime dolphin state.

Of course they may have been sent on a secret mission, with this "report" coming out to distance the Ukranians from the eventual repercussions.

Or not.

I for one am fine with animals being trained for various jobs.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
I have never heard of such a thing. Killer commando dolphins?

This puts a whole new spin on Flipper.

Actually we (US Navy) have a Marine Mammal Program of our own. As far as I know only dolphins have been used in the force protection role (attack dolphins – yep, just what it sounds like) but the program trains all kinds of marine mammals, seals, sea lions and others to complete complex underwater security, reconnaissance, mine detection and other roles.

Our attack dolphins use a compressed CO2 cartridge (filled with lethal nitrogen gas that causes an embolism) that is attached to the snout. They ram the diver in the chest which basically guarantees a horrible and painful death for them. Injecting gas into a divers chest cavity is a bad thing at deapth BTW in case anyone is wondering an embolism is not a good thing.

Everyone is familiar with security patrol dogs. You may even know that because of their exceptionally keen sense of smell, dogs like beagles are also used to detect drugs and bombs, or land mines. But a dog would not be effective in finding a sea mine. Sea mines are sophisticated, expensive weapons that are designed to work in the ocean where they can sink ships, destroy landing craft, and kill or injure personnel. Sea mines are made so that they cannot be set off easily by wave action or marine animals growing on or bumping into them. If undetected, sea mines can be deadly, destructive weapons.

www.public.navy.mil...

Here is another article with more detail -

sofrep.com...

I am not a SEAL - I was Army SF; I have never swam "against" the dolphins in an exercise but read that article above. They talk about how ruthless and cunning they are in their role of protecting their assigned area. Basically teaching a 400-800lb marine mammal to defend an area against all unauthorized swimmers. They always win.

The water doesn't favor the humans in this case...and the dolphins are basically playing a “game”.

They have been used with great success in the Persian Gulf.

edit on 12/3/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
expecting a dolphin to be a "Killer"
is like asking a seasoned nun to go rob a bank.

just not in the genes

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I bet they heard one too many "gay shark" joke.

I am however kind of doubting this part,

can strike anywhere

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

dolphins are kind of bastards they are one of the few species that will kidnap and rape other creatures(porpoises) and they will also go out of their way to kill off competition(primarily porpoises and sea lions ) and are the only other animal besides humans that will kill for fun
www.cracked.com...**holes-in-animal-kingdom_p2.html replace ** with ss to get to link didn't wanna get dinged for swearing
www.environmentalgraffiti.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

New evidence has been compiled by marine scientists that prove the normally placid dolphin is capable of brutal attacks both on innocent fellow marine mammals and, more disturbingly, on its own kind. Film taken of gangs of dolphins repeatedly ramming baby porpoises, tossing them in the air and pursuing them to the death has solved a long-term mystery of what causes the death of so many of these harmless mammals - but has left animal experts baffled as to the motive. Another mystery is that the animal 'murders' have only been reported in two parts of the world - along Scotland's East Coast and in America off the beaches of Virginia, where even more alarmingly, the victims were scores of the dolphins' own young.

www.newscientist.com...

scienceray.com... they seem to be fond of their gang rape too so yeah while they are beautiful intelligent creatures they can be as evil if not more so then some humans i know

sadly its because of their aggressiveness and natural abilities that problay led to them being added to military service over the years

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
expecting a dolphin to be a "Killer"
is like asking a seasoned nun to go rob a bank.

just not in the genes

Aaaaaand your totally wrong.

Aside from the fact that dolphins kill all the time, other water species, their role in human warfare has been quite successful.

So nope, killing is more definitely in a Dolphin's genes, has been for a looooooong time. I don't see why humans using dolphins to kill other humans is wrong, well anymore wrong than standard warfare.

Why are so many people ignorant of the fact that "nature" is not some rosey signalong with all the fuzzy little creatures? Humans are products of nature, ruthless killing machines that will kill and consume anything possible. That's what makes a successful species, as pretty much every single predator on the planet proves.

Wake up.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Boy, it sounds like they are almost human.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
i really hope they are not ill tampered
www.youtube.com...
edit on 13-3-2013 by og6996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Thank you, that made my day

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
If you have ever watched a dolphin feed there can be no doubt about their abilities to locate and herd schools of fish. They recognize humans as something higher up the food chain and are more likely to cooperate rather than attack.

The article mentioned that before the military training these dolphins were used at Delphin Beach in Odessa(SP) in a rehabilitation program for humans. Maybe they went back to the pod, discussed the situation before making a conscious choice to leave the military program?

Dolphin pod behavior is much more altruistic towards humans, light years more intelligent than a pack of aggressive dogs. Stories of dolphins saving and mourning humans go back thousands of years. A dolphin reportedly saved Telemachus, the son of Odysseus when he fell into the sea and nearly drowned as was written by Homer (c. 850 BC). In gratitude, Odysseus placed the figure of a dolphin on his shield.
Roman scientist Plinius (AD23-AD79) wrote about a dolphin that befriended a little boy. The boy fed the dolphin each day. One day when the dolphin did not see the boy, it searched for him. Upon discovering that he had drowned, the dolphin pushed his body onto a beach, laid next to him and died.

Maybe the purpose of this story is to teach? When teaching a calf to hunt, mother dolphins consistently take 8 times longer to capture and ingest their prey - often capturing and releasing it so that their calves can learn through observation and repetition. This transfer of knowledge is called "theory of mind."

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Killer commando Dolphins ????

God damn...who's sick idea is this...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I looked up some videos after reading your reply and I was amazed. Thanks for pointing that out to me! The level of training and the dedication of the dolphins was very surprising.

Learn something new everyday, right?

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
That's funny, this news comes out of my hometown. I remember when I was little, when I went over to visit over there, my mom and I went to the dolphinarium. These guys are smart. Crazy smart. Fun to swim with too. They give you rides. I'm not sure if those guys were commandos though. Too friendly.
edit on 14-3-2013 by Notused because: Grammatical errors+extra though

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join