Cincinnati poll worker charged with voting half dozen times in November

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abstruse
If she's not a delegate her vote is worthless and always will be. The electoral college decides who becomes president, not the citizens.

Not true, if they are pledged delegates their vote is determined by the popular vote. Yes they could go against it but that's an extremely rare occurence.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Thats where we really disagree. Voter ID laws need to be enforced-(for ev eryone) even if they are poll workers.

There needs to be a better system in place to prevent people from doing such things- no matter how many people commit fraud. Its getting out of hand. There should be a way to verify if someone has voted more than once- it couldnt be that hard to do when we have so much technology at our disposal.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Voter fraud is rare

I am not convinced of this.

I had two coworkers that were told that they had already voted when they went to do so in the last presidential election. That is two out of 28 people that I work with. They were allowed to vote, but someone already cast ballots in their name. I would suspect fraud.

The excessive number of precincts(19, I believe) in the city of Philadelphia, PA that had zero votes cast for Romney also leads one to wonder.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

isn't that the talking point you Progressives used BEFORE the election?

You do realize that the lady int he OP's source was a poll worker right? And you do also know that members here admitted that Ohio's voter ID law did not work because she was a poll worker? Because most cases of fraud are administrative, not individual?

Just to make myself clear, here is a list of people

From World Net Daily, the most partisan source. Try again, with a legitimate source, otherwise you're wasting my time.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Voter fraud is rare

What more is there to say?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I have lists of these.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Thats where we really disagree. Voter ID laws need to be enforced

There's little to no evidence that they're doing a great deal a difference to the election process (this case in Ohio is a good example). I don't have a problem with having a law that requires identification to vote, but I do have a problem with laws enforced to suit political agendas which is what I see them as.

There needs to be a better system in place to prevent people from doing such things- no matter how many people commit fraud.

That's like saying there always needs to be a better system in place, because voter fraud is an inevitability, it is a high statistical probability especially in a country of over 300 million. We can continue to improve our systems, but you can't declare the entire system broken every time these cases are exposed, it's going to happen regardless.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

You're personally convinced, and nobody is going to convince you otherwise. I understand. I'm not here to convince you personally, I'm just interested in the facts.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

"but you can't declare the entire system broken every time these cases are exposed, it's going to happen regardless."

- Sure I can. If it happens once- then there is a problem and it needs to be addressed.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

And some don't mind when their team wins.

If Romney had won, Obama would have had a screaming fit, calling for a recount and investigation.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

If it happens once- then there is a problem and it needs to be addressed.

Then the system will always be broke by your definition, because in a country with more than 100 million eligible voters, there are going to be cases of fraud exposed.

There's always room for improvement in our voting system, but it doesn't matter who's president or who's in charge of congress, voter fraud is going to occur one way or another.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
reply to post by luciddream

And some don't mind when their team wins.

If Romney had won, Obama would have had a screaming fit, calling for a recount and investigation.

I agree, did you see how many Democrats scream foul during the 2004 elections? Despite the investigation? This is very much a political argument we have here.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I think the plane went right over your head...

It will not happen if we put in safeguards to stop it from happening.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

You're personally convinced, and nobody is going to convince you otherwise. I understand. I'm not here to convince you personally, I'm just interested in the facts.

Fact is, voter fraud is the type of crime that is easy to miss.
When you have a low percentage turnout of registered voters, that's a ripe apple waiting to be picked.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Face it, it happens alot and everybody knows it. Our little corner of the US has less than 10,000 people but nearly 7500 voters and no were not a retirement mecca. Just fraud. Election day there was 50 people outside the polling station verbally abusing anyone that they thought might vote republican. I put my hat on backwards pushed my panrts down and headed for the door.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

From World Net Daily, the most partisan source. Try again, with a legitimate source, otherwise you're wasting my time.

So what? They actually listed the names of those convicted didn't they???

Prove it wrong instead of attacking the source! I highly doubt any news organization reguardless of their political bias is going to put up such a list, due to the repercussions in a lawsuit!

The progressive that you are, are you a legitimate source???? Keep trying though, I love showing how you partisan hacks are blind to reality! Considering the FACT that those we elect are responsible for creating the laws that we ALL have to live by, I could care less if it about D versus R, it is WRONG!!! So quit defending those whom have already been convicted and shed your partisanship ideology and ADMITT that WRONG IS WRONG!

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

It will not happen if we put in safeguards to stop it from happening.

Really? Not at all? Interesting. What "safeguards" do you speak of? Remember, your position is that voter fraud will just disappear and never happen again with these safeguards in place, so let us know here what they are.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Fraudulent voters should get 20 years for every fake vote.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Who argues against voter ID laws?

The people who want to cheat at the polls.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The problem is not in the casting of the votes; it's in the counting of the votes. Whoever controls that controls the vote.

And, of course, none of this takes into account the rather obvious rigging of the voting machines. Every time it's reported that machines are converting votes, in the next breath it's glossed over or downplayed and nothing ever comes of it.

Anyway, WTF does it matter? Obama or Romney? Those are our choices? Seriously: What does it matter?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join