It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twinkie Apocalypse Averted ^_^

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
money.cnn.com...

Twinkies and other Hostess snacks could be back on shelves by this summer after a successful $410 million bid for the business.

The winning bid is a joint venture by private equity firms Apollo Global Management (APO) and Metropoulos & Co. A statement from Dean Metropoulos, founder of one of the firms, confirmed they are the winning bidder.

"Our family is thrilled to have the opportunity to reestablish these iconic brands with new creative marketing ideas and renewed sales efforts and investment," said Metropoulos. "We look forward to having America's favorite snacks back on the shelf by this summer. We are also ecstatic to bring jobs back to many cities across the country."

Well we've survived everything now.... Thank god the twinkies are safe. /sarcasm

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I'd hate to be one of those Twinkie die-hards who spent thousands of dollars on Ebay for boxes of Twinkies now.....

Des

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It's good to see the market in action...however unusual it may be here recently. A bad management, business model and overall operation falls so a healthy one can pick up the pieces and make it work well. Indeed.. I'm looking forward to trying the new Twinkies. I'm glad someone found a way to make the whole thing work for keeping the junk food with no known shelf life.

(How would one ever describe the legal theory of the Twinky Defense if no Twinkies existed to see?)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

(How would one ever describe the legal theory of the Twinky Defense if no Twinkies existed to see?)

Is this related to the Chubaca Defense???

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Maybe those Ebayers will just store the Original Box of Twinkies for an extended period of time.... Say 15yrs and sell them as Vintage Twinkies.... Oh dear me~

You put a big smile on my face thanks for stopping by ^_^

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Apollo Global Management...

I wonder if they make Candy Bars...with nuts...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I'M SO HAPPY!!!! I just hope they stick to the origial formula and dont mess it up. I have had Walmart brand knock off tweenkies and cupcakes. They Suck!

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

That is the first time i'm seeing anything from Apollo Candy? Figuring I have a sweet tooth, I would have tried one but I never came accross one.

What if they mess with the chemistry of the best snakes on earth!!!! Twinkie Apoc. on! I will hold my final decision when the Twinkies are released..... (actually I haven't eaten a twinkie for years....... so my judgement might not be accurate....)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
reply to post by abeverage

That is the first time i'm seeing anything from Apollo Candy? Figuring I have a sweet tooth, I would have tried one but I never came accross one.

What if they mess with the chemistry of the best snakes on earth!!!! Twinkie Apoc. on! I will hold my final decision when the Twinkies are released..... (actually I haven't eaten a twinkie for years....... so my judgement might not be accurate....)

Oh you may have seen it you just don't know it...Of course you still might still be LOST I was too Once Upon a Time...

I still remember what that yellow cake tasted like but I doubt I would have another.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by sulaw

I'd hate to be one of those Twinkie die-hards who spent thousands of dollars on Ebay for boxes of Twinkies now.....

Des
I was thinking the same thing. As it turned out I had a box of thinkies when the whole ebay thing went down. I just enjoyed them like any other box

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

It is my prayer that this goes through efficiently and quickly as I have been suffering severe Hostess Ding Dong withdrawals and I heard that the Ding Dongs are to be one of the resurrected delicious snacks. 2:00am has not been the same without them!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Omg. I know. I miss my Twinkies and Ding Dongs also. People just don't realize that the world really did end when Hostess quit making them. It would have been a blessing for an asteroid to strike the earth and put me out of my misery.

new topics

top topics

join