It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Exclusive - Turkey UFO Incident - New Details - A Fresh Look At The Kumburgaz Case 2007 to 2009

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Attn Admins:
I asked Mark Allen if I start a new thread about the Turkey UFO incident. I recieved a response that it was ok as long as it is new. The older threads on the Turkey UFO have gone dry and this case deserves a fresh thread. My intention with this thread is to re-focus on the unknown object or alleged craft and not the alleged (occupants). We must first study the footage to determine if the footage is real, misidentified, or fake. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. I hope the ATS community will provide their research.

New Information Includes:
1. Never Before Seen News Footage
2. Documents
3. Witness Names
4. Weather Data
5. Shipping Lane Data
6. 500 MB Original Video File

First
A Case Overview:

Murat Yalcin a security guard at the Yeni Kent Compound along the coast of Istanbul video taped a series of alleged unidentified objects. Shortly after it was learned that there were multiple witnesses and during the time period Turkey was having alot of sightings nationwide. The alleged objects which are the focus of the controversy were said to be seen and filmed over the Sea of Marmara over a period of three years. Murat Yalcin is a security guard who worked on the beach and took several short to middle length videos on 25 seperate dates from June 20, 2007 to May 17, 2009. Some of the video is of poor quality especially from 2007, however it gets better in 2008, and 2009 is decent quality. On national T.V. in Turkey Haktan handed over the videos too Prof. phD. Zeki EKER Director National Observatory of TUBITAK. See below for never before seen news coverage. As a skeptic myself I am not sure if this is the real deal, but I certainly will not write it off unless the data points that direction.

Next
New Details

1. Never before seen news coverage showing Haktan Akdogan handing the footage over to The Science and Technology Research Board of Turkey to have their experts study it with the intention solving the case and determine a hoax. The results of the analysis were that it remains unidentified. With English subtitles

2. Witnesses Names Confirmed: -- Serkan Taşpınar, Gokhan Atik, Tank UGURDAG, Okay SIZIRICI, Murat Yalman
Please understand: there are more witnesses that I have found but they speak 100% Turkish which has made this investigation very difficult. Please understand this difficulty. Very soon there will be verbal recordings of these witnesses describing what they saw. Stay tuned

3. Camera Details
The camera was based on the NTSC System with a diaphragm set at the maximum of 1.8. Canon DM-GRI-A. It's a 3CCD 20x optic 100x with a tele-converter mounted on a 58mm adapter. Tele-objective is a Sony brand vci hgd 1758 model lens, x 1.7.

4. New- Sea of Marmara Shipping Lane Data

5. Original video file copies obtained which are 400 to 500MB. They are higher resolution files from 2009, 2008, and 2007 raw footage.

- Original video files have been found from 2007, 2008, and 2009. These are 400 to 500 MB files which are much better quality than the Youtube version. < snip >
2 Document Report Released By TUBIAK - The Science and Technology Research Board of Turkey

TRANSLATED TO ENGLISH:

On January 31, 2008, a MiniDV format video cassette holding 35 minutes of footage was brought over to "TUBITAK" The Science and Technology Research Board of Turkey’s (a Scientific Institution owned by the state that is highly reliable and influential) National Observatory (TUG) by Mr.Tolga Ozdeniz, the Editor of "Reporter" that has been aired on ATV Channel. The footage on the cassette was said to have been recorded by a Canon GL1 MiniDV digital camera on a beach of a holiday village in Kumburgaz/Istanbul by an amateur.

The images were examined by TUG- National Observatory Image Processing Unit. Because, it would take quite a long time to analyze all of the images, only randomly selected parts were pre-examined. During this process, emphasis was not placed on images produced by optical clarification effects which a number of point light sources generated.

The examination of these frames has yielded following results:

- The images were recorded in digital NTSC format by above-mentioned camera.

- The date on the video indicates that the recordings were made during 2007, 2008, and 2009.

- The footage images of the object which visibly have a certain configuration are not computer animations, special video effects or studio re-created images or models. The footage is genuine…

- The first observation made from the footage is that some of the images were recorded in nighttime sky at a certain altitude from the horizon. The footage also covers images of moon in some parts which proves that the video was shot in nighttime and open air. But, the fact that digital date display’s showing AM in certain frames and PM in others, raises suspicion about the validity of the time in which the recordings were made.

- Since in some parts, there is no other object that can be featured as a reference in the close-up frames and no observable differences were found on background examination, the actual location, distance, dimensions and nature of the objects could not have been determined.

- Through the examination of shootings of multiple dates, it’s a strong possibility that 2-3 different objects were captured. However, it’s difficult to determine whether the objects are moving or not. Their movement is slow even if they do so.

- The reflections of light on the objects are sometimes caused by moon which was in a convenient location at that time, and sometimes produced by some other sources of light.

- The light reflection from the left side of the object which is seen on August 10th shootings is not produced by the moon. At that time, the moon was in a phase that was pretty close to the "new moon" phase and located approximately at a 10 degrees proximity/angle to the horizon. Moreover, the image processing analysis conducted on some part of the footage revealed that the center of the object has the same density as its background, namely is of a transparent nature.

In conclusion, even though a detailed analysis of the footage is conducted, it might still remain unidentified. Hence, other reference objects need to be recorded in the same frame with the disputable object and further shootings need to be done by ourselves with special equipment in the same location and conditions.

Accordingly, the term "UFO" (Unidentified Flying Object) which has been used for these sort of dubious objects can also be used for these objects. But, this definition does not mean that these objects are from extraterrestrial (flying saucer etc.) origin.

Prof. phD. Zeki EKER
Director
National Observatory of TUBITAK

JPEG Single Frames of Turkey UFO videos from 2007 to 2009
Feel free to download and study

Picassa Web Gallery
2009 Slides
picasaweb.google.com...

2008 Slides
picasaweb.google.com...

2007 Slides
picasaweb.google.com...
edit on 12-3-2013 by CigaretteMan because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/14/13 by Hefficide because: edited at member request.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Top three ufo sightings of all time need to be revisited. Especially with new info. Pheonix lights came up last month, was a great thread,..
Rendlsham needs a re-do

Great thread
cheers

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
NEW INFORMATION

Istanbul, Turkey Weather Data from the 6/20/07 to 5/17/09 time frame.

From NOAA www1.ncdc.noaa.gov...

The weather data index above contains Temp, Windspeed Max/Min, Precipitation, and Visibility.

Footage was taken over 26 days:

Interpreting the weather index above is stated on the NOAA website.

The following is a description of the global surface summary of day product produced by the National Climatic Data Center (NCDC) in Asheville, NC. The input data used in building these daily summaries are the Integrated Surface Data (ISD), which includes global data obtained from the USAF Climatology Center, located in the Federal Climate Complex with NCDC. The latest daily summary data are normally available 1-2 days after the date-time of the observations used in the daily summaries. The online data files begin with 1929, and are now at the Version 7 software level. Over 9000 stations' data are typically available. The daily elements included in the dataset (as available from each station) are: Mean temperature (.1 Fahrenheit) Mean dew point (.1 Fahrenheit) Mean sea level pressure (.1 mb) Mean station pressure (.1 mb) Mean visibility (.1 miles) Mean wind speed (.1 knots) Maximum sustained wind speed (.1 knots) Maximum wind gust (.1 knots) Maximum temperature (.1 Fahrenheit) Minimum temperature (.1 Fahrenheit) Precipitation amount (.01 inches)

DETAILS/FORMAT Global summary of day data for 18 surface meteorological elements are derived from the synoptic/hourly observations contained in USAF DATSAV3 Surface data and Federal Climate Complex Integrated Surface Data (ISD). Historical data are generally available for 1929 to the present, with data from 1973 to the present being the most complete. For some periods, one or more countries' data may not be available due to data restrictions or communications problems. In deriving the summary of day data, a minimum of 4 observations for the day must be present (allows for stations which report 4 synoptic observations/day). Since the data are converted to constant units (e.g, knots), slight rounding error from the originally reported values may occur (e.g, 9.9 instead of 10.0). The mean daily values described below are based on the hours of operation for the station. For some stations/countries, the visibility will sometimes 'cluster' around a value (such as 10 miles) due to the practice of not reporting visibilities greater than certain distances. The daily extremes and totals--maximum wind gust, precipitation amount, and snow depth--will only appear if the station reports the data sufficiently to provide a valid value. Therefore, these three elements will appear less frequently than other values. Also, these elements are derived from the stations' reports during the day, and may comprise a 24-hour period which includes a portion of the previous day. The data are reported and summarized based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT, 0000Z - 2359Z) since the original synoptic/hourly data are reported and based on GMT. As for quality control (QC), the input data undergo extensive automated QC to correctly 'decode' as much of the synoptic data as possible, and to eliminate many of the random errors found in the original data. Then, these data are QC'ed further as the summary of day data are derived. However, we expect that a very small % of the errors will remain in the summary of day data. The data are strictly ASCII, with a mixture of character data, real values, and integer values. Following is the data format: First record--header record. All ensuing records--data records as described below. All 9's in a field (e.g., 99.99 for PRCP) indicates no report or insufficient data.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan

As you know I agree with the ship explanation but .... Excellent thread

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Original Footage - (Internet Version)

2008 Part 1 May 22 to June 12

2008 Part 2 June 12 to Sep 28

2007 Raw Footage

Haktan Akdogan Interview 1

Segments 1 thru 26 seperated segments June 20, 2007 to May 17, 2009
www.youtube.com...

Explanation of Video

Dogs Reaction

At first, the videos were analyzed under the direction of noted researcher Haktan Akdogan. SIRIUS UFO and Space Science Research Center firstly spoke with all the witnesses separately and then did the detailed analysis of the videos. With participation of the members of their science board, which is sponsored by the government, they enlarged the video images. They did all the detailed analysis, checked their pixels, and went through frame by frame.

Haktan Akdogan stated: "After doing all the necessary analysis which went on for several weeks, the scientific board came to a definite conclusion with no doubts that these are 100% genuine videos. The objects sighted in the aforementioned footage that have a structure that is made of specific material are definitely not made up by any kind of computer animation nor are they any form of special effects used for simulation in a studio or for a video effect therefore in conclusion it was decided that the sightings were neither a mock up or hoax. And it is concluded that these objects in the sightings that have physical and material structures do not belong in any category such as; planes, helicopters, meteors, Venus, Mars, satellites, fire balls, Chinese lantern, fire balls, weather balloons, natural or atmospheric phenomenon etc. and but rather fall into the category of UFOs."

The time stamp data indicates that the video was taken on 25 different dates between 6-20-07 and 5-17-09. The film was taken with a MiniDV Canon DM-GRI-A camera based on the NTSC system. The objects were varied in shape and taken both during the day and night. The formations of orange ovals also appeared as a classic metallic disc shape which maneuvered over the ocean. There are no oil platforms or islands in the field of view of the camera, however the body of water is used for shipping vessels. Approximately 8 to 12 witnesses have come forward. One could say it is pretty likely there are more who saw the objects which were displayed in front of a populated city.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
July 2, 2008 Light Phenomenon

One thing that becomes apparent throughout the Kumburgaz UFO footage is that we are looking at two different types of objects (light phenomenon and unknown solid craft). After studying the footage you begin to realize that it is not quite clear if both types are of the same. Throughout UFO history one common trait is that objects are frequently reported appearing to theoretically go in and out of our physical reality or becoming partly invisible. Of course this has not been fully proven but its fun to speculate.

The two different types of anomalies I have noticed in the Kumburgaz videos are:

1. Pulsating Orbs (orange, yellow, pulsating plasma like, primarily during the day)
2. Structured Objects (appear metallic, gray or silver, seen at night)

Without more information it is hard to determine exact measurements such as distance from camera and size. However, using the data available I was able to locate out a few interesting things.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

May 15, 2009 Light Phenomenon

Multiple UFOs were reported for two years in a row and Murat Yalman was able to capture some of them on film. In 2009 a very similar series of events took place. This would be the third year in a row. Between May and August both night and day the orange light objects and metallic structured objects were back.

The full details of the 2009 flap are more extensively detailed in my previous posts.

A little more information from May 15, 2009.

When he zooms out you can see the object's location. In 2009 Murat filmed an arched object made up of 4 orange/yellow light orbs. It is tough to determine the exact color. This was witnessed by multiple people in the city. He eventually zooms out which reveals its location in the surrounding area. The area were the unknown object is hanging out is open water. In other words there is no island, lighthouse, or shipping marker in that specific spot. I have looked for this to see if there could be something mundane that could explain what these lights are. If there was a plausible explanation I would not resist accepting it. I used another image taken on a different day from the same vantage point and included it for comparison. The orange orbs are seen all three years 2007, 2008, and 2009.

In the same 2009 video UFOs can be seen higher in the air above the horizon. The cameraman is heard talking to his friend about them and then starts to film them. These higher altitude orbs tell us a bit more. Are we looking at a lighthouse from distant land? Or are these oil vessel flares?

Although I am a skeptic, in this case the data does not match a few explanations being thrown around.

1. Chinese Lanterns
The 4 orange light orbs remain low just several feet over the water.
They maintain a precise half circle shape for a long period of time which is almost
impossible to get Chinese lanterns to do.

2. Distant Land or Lighthouse
As pointed out in a map in earlier posts the Sea of Marmara is a minimum of 27 miles across.

3. Oil Vessel
As pointed out above some of the orange lights can be seen moving to a height above the horizon such that no vessel or cruise ship could reach from the perspective and angle of the camera.

Just 22 minutes earlier that morning the following craft was videotaped in the same spot from the same location.

My blogsite has all my research so for listed here: turkeyufocase.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CigaretteMan
If you want a copy to study private message me and I will gladly mail you one. I will even pay for the postage. If someone knows how to upload these to the web let me know I will gladly do it. They are a lot better than the degraded 19 MB files that are on Youtube.

I'm interested since I've just past the last days to read again the whole affair on ATS...

PM on its way.

It should be better and simple anyway to directly upload these to a Divshare account, for example, for everyone to look at.
It could be also interesting to know how you succeed in finding these new "original video files".

Thank you.

Related ATS threads:

- 17/01/2008 by commodore64 - Turkey Ufo Center Sirius: Most convincing Video until now. Not for me
- 10/10/2008 by bigvanhorn - World exclusive! most significant and undeniable ufo videos of all time that also cover aliens,
- 10/05/2009 by cmazzagatti - Photo-enhanced images show alien occupants in the Turkey footage
- 17/07/2010 by Chadwickus - The infamous Turkey UFO a yacht?
- 13/10/2010 by antibren - NEW Graphic Analysis on the Videos of UFO's over KUMBURGAZ, TURKEY w/ ET Pics
- 26/01/2011 by VtaUFO - Turkey UFO UPDATE Dr Roger Leir speaks about ET FOOTAGE
- 30/03/2012 by MrDetective - Official Video of Non-Human Entity! Never Been Debunked!
- 12/05/2012 by zcustomorum - Kumburgaz UFO Video Still Remains Undebunked.
- 18/05/2012 by MrDetective - Turkey UFO Shows Aliens ---Not Debunked Yet,

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Oh, not this stuff again. Hey, Cigarette Man, do you own stock in the company or something? Sheesh.

Distorted, unidentified light. No secondary evidence, physical or otherwise. The phenomenon "vanishes" when the guy gets better equipment. Altogether very unimpressive.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

I think uploading them to an internet sharing service is probably the best idea. About 400 to 500 MB each.

I have been on the internet since the beginning but have yet to upload a file that size. Could you tell me a little bit more on the best way to file share a file that large. Thanks

And I was wondering if you could not post all the previous threads on this case. I was hoping to start a new discussion and take a fresh look at it.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

And I was wondering if you could not post all the previous threads on this case.

Personally I'm very grateful to elevenaugust for posting those links.

I think those links add considerably to this thread.

I have no problems with a new thread if it seeks to add to (rather than ignore) what has been said before, but providing those links to previous discussions may help avoid time being wasted reinventing the wheel.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I think uploading them to an internet sharing service is probably the best idea. About 400 to 500 MB each.

I have been on the internet since the beginning but have yet to upload a file that size.

I haven't uploaded a file of that size for a while, but the File Dropper website offers free and simple file hosting for a file up to 5GB:
www.filedropper.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

And I was wondering if you could not post all the previous threads on this case.

Personally I'm very grateful to elevenaugust for posting those links.

I think those links add considerably to this thread.

I have no problems with a new thread if it seeks to add to (rather than ignore) what has been said before, but providing those links to previous discussions may help avoid time being wasted reinventing the wheel.

I am nervous about the admins closing this thread because there is another one. But I included new information so hopefully they won't. I am hoping an admin can confirm this. I request they let us start a fresh conversation and take a new look at it.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Firstly, this "Fresh look 2007-2009" has already been posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Secondly, it has already been proven to be of a boat on the water here:

It's not real, it's not a UFO, we can put this Turkey case to rest once and for all.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Firstly, this "Fresh look 2007-2009" has already been posted here:

Secondly, it has already been proven to be of a boat on the water here:

It's not real, it's not a UFO, we can put this Turkey case to rest once and for all.

There are 26 days worth of footage, so even if you proved 1 segment is a boat, and you have NOT proven anything yet, then you still have 25 more segments until you can debunk the entire case.

The case totals over 26 seperate days.

Nothing has been proven to be a boat yet.... still waiting...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
always one of my favourite ufo cases. thanks for the wealth of new information.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

The case totals over 26 seperate days.

Nothing has been proven to be a boat yet.... still waiting...

At least two or three have been shown and proven on this forum to be boats of some sort. If some are boats, then it's safe to say they all are boats. Boats are boats whether they're recorded over a span of 6 days, or 26 days.

But there's no denying this:

It's irrefutable.

edit on 12-3-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Main Problems With The Boat Theory.

-There is footage taken on 26 different days. It's not plausible a boat would be in the same spot mistaken 26 different times on 26 days.

-As explained in above posts some objects in the video are at too high in altitude to match that of a passing boat or ship.

- As explained in above posts some of the objects are seen over land which would kind of tough for a boat to do.

- Cruise liners do not travel dark or with no lights turned on (unless they suffered a power outage) the only light that we see coming from the objects in the Turkey UFO video is coming from the moon.

Meanwhile here are 2 Flickr Albums 1 and 2 that contain over 250 single frame slides that you can look at and study

Flickr Single Frame Album 1

Flickr Single Frame Album 2

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join