It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals found in stone.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Originally posted by jesterbr549
And, are you assuming there was embellishment of the situation.

On a story from 1865? You bet I am.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel about evolution too...

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Strange I can't find any reports of this happening after the mid 1800's. There are accounts of frogs being found in rock crevices who grew to large to get out etc, but none of creatures being totally entombed. Personally I think someone found a frog stuck in a crevice and embellished their story(s), a lil game of chinese whispers went on, and before you know it you have the "legends" of living creatures encased in stone, similar to the chupa...however you spell it
. A few people see a starving cross-bred dog with bad mange and a skin condition, embellish their stories and bam, you've got a new urban legend

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I do think the above poster is right on that accaunt. I could see that happening quite easiley.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   

If this is actually a true story, the Reverand is off by about 2000 years as the flood occured about 4000 years ago.

Here is the deal. Before the flood there was a water vapor canopy around the earth that increased the barometric pressure by twice what it is today ("Biblical Basis for Modern Science" by Henry Morris). Metals forged at that pressure do not rust.

It would appear that the flood water immediately buried this frog at that pressure and the sand then was formed into rock due to the weight of the flood waters and the frog immediately went into a perfect hibernation in which it didn't need any air or food and thus was "frozen" in the rock.

When let out it was just like the frogs that come out of hibernation every spring.

And, though I don't know much about chemistry, I would suspect that the magnesium had something to do with the "perfect hibernation" that this frog, obviuosly, experienced.

If the story is true, than this is the only explanation...

I just love this information and wish I knew more . I enjoyed your post and would love to read more. (intend to check out your site.)

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Theres a species of garter snake that can be frozen and thaw as well as the frog. Happens quite often in Canada and northern U.S.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

In 1761, Ambroise Pare, physician to Henry III of France, related the following account to the Annual Register: "Being at my seat near the village of Meudon, and overlooking a quarryman whom I had sent to break some very large and hard stones, in the middle of one we found a huge toad, full of life and without any visible aperture by which it could get there. The laborer told me it was not the first time he had met with a toad and the like creatures within huge blocks of stone."

In 1821, Tilloch's Philosophical Magazine wrote how David Virtue, a stone mason, was working on a large chunk of rock that had come from about 22 feet below the surface when "he found a lizard embedded in the stone. It was coiled up in a round cavity of its own form, being an exact impression of the animal. It was about an inch and a quarter long, of a brownish yellow color, and had a round head, with bright sparkling projecting eyes. It was apparently dead, but after being about five minutes exposed to the air it showed signs of life. It soon ran about with much celerity."

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

The most incredible of such anecdotes was recorded in 1856 in France. Workmen laboring in a tunnel for a railway line were cutting through Jurassic limestone when a large creature stumbled out from inside it. It fluttered its wings, made a croaking noise, and dropped dead. According to the workers, the creature had a 10-foot wingspan, four legs joined by a membrane, black leathery skin, talons for feet, and a toothed mouth. A local student of paleontology identified the animal as a pterodactyl

i cant find any more info to back this story up,sounds highly unbelievble but you never know? anyone else heard of this?

Regards.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordGoofus
Strange I can't find any reports of this happening after the mid 1800's.

Yeah, about the time of the rise of Evolution and the founding of the Smithsonian Institute...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelaLadySI just love this information and wish I knew more . I enjoyed your post and would love to read more. (intend to check out your site.)

Thanks - under the Theology Page there is a link to Creationism which has about four articles right now...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett

The most incredible of such anecdotes was recorded in 1856 in France. Workmen laboring in a tunnel for a railway line were cutting through Jurassic limestone when a large creature stumbled out from inside it. It fluttered its wings, made a croaking noise, and dropped dead. According to the workers, the creature had a 10-foot wingspan, four legs joined by a membrane, black leathery skin, talons for feet, and a toothed mouth. A local student of paleontology identified the animal as a pterodactyl

I cant find any more info to back this story up,sounds highly unbelievble but you never know? anyone else heard of this?

Yeah, I personally found this one hard to believe even though I wanted to believe it. I can't believe that, if they knew it was a pterodactyl, why in the world wasn't it preserved? Or, if they sent it to a museaum, exactly what happened to it, what was the conclusion of those who had examined it etc.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Again I agree with the above poster. That sounds like something that would have been preserved and studied, even in the 1800s.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Yeah, I personally found this one hard to believe even though I wanted to believe it. I can't believe that, if they knew it was a pterodactyl, why in the world wasn't it preserved? Or, if they sent it to a museaum, exactly what happened to it, what was the conclusion of those who had examined it etc.

i wanted to believe it to,ive scanned google until my computer wanted to shut down-zero absolute zilch,i was really hoping someone was going to turn something up for us-i cant even find the source of the quote-maybe someone who speaks french would have more look scanning some archives of their meuseums,cant believe a discovery of this magnitude would go un documented (if its real of course?)

Regards.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join