It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enlightenment and God. (biblical view)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
What if, (everyone prolly knows about the creation of man talked about in the bible) Adam, and therefore Eve too.. were enlightened. For they were with God, under obedience of God. What if reaching enlightenment is the same as being obedient to God again. Why wouldn't we receive a great feeling for this. Why wouldn't we know all we need to know to fullfil a wonderfull life.

Since God is omnipotent and all one could wish for and think of, being obedient to this, I suppose, wonderful being is the spiritual meaning of man/woman to become. I once made a thread called 'no enlightenment without the devil', but therefore also not without God.

If you ponder what God all is and can be, why wouldn't it be because of God one could become enlightened.

I post this again, it's from the bible, this passage:

34 The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.

35 Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.

36 If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light.

This seems to also be a sort of enlightenment', not?

Or is it that one can only become enlightened under the obedience of God, or when God is known in ones life?

My conclusion: God's got something to do with enlightenment.
edit on 12-3-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Adam and Eve's only obedience was abstinence. Otherwise, they were perfect servants, tending the garden. They knew nothing of enlightenment, because they had no knowledge of "good and evil" the one thing that the biblical god didn't want them to know about.

Once they did, and ate from the fruit of "good and evil" they had become like the biblical god, and they had to go.

How could one be enlightened before being godlike? Doesn't "GOD" embody enlightenment? How could there be enlightenment through blind obedience to abstinence?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

What isn't enlightened about recognising and obeying an enlightened one (for this example God, and all God is is enlightenment)

edit on 12-3-2013 by Angle because: spelling

Since God is all enlightenment, uniting with this extraordinary spirit result solely in enlightenment.

Isn't my logic valid?
edit on 12-3-2013 by Angle because: rephrasing

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

34 The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.

This scripture come from the (false) belief that the eye illuminates, or shines a light from the eye to the object being observed. Of course, now we know, through science, that the eye translates light that reflects off the object being observed.

edit on 12-3-2013 by windword because: wrong video

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

An enlightened individual doesn't "obey". An enlightened individual makes choices based upon their (enlightened) knowledge, not on another's (enlightened) knowledge. That would be, at best, advise, at worse commandments.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Hello, there can be no enlightenment WITH god.

If god exists then there can be no true equality to be experienced.
No religious god can exist, this has been proven by the scientists of today by showing that all electrons are constantly in contact with each other, never allowing 2 of their frequencies to be the same. This is instant communication across all space and time, and,
All atoms are interchangeable, its been proven you share the same atoms of Da Vinci, or Jesus, or some nobody farmer from eons ago. We share everything, no waste, a perfect evolving equality.

This is proof equality exists. Each molecule equal to the next,

Any religious god cannot exist alongside this information. They are incompatible with each other. Science has absolutely proven that no theist god has ever, or will ever exist.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

All wisdom comes from the Lord.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by InspirationEverywhere

We share identical atoms with other people, not the same ones. I don't say we can become what God is, but we can unite, therefore in some way being a part with Him, the bigger aspect of ourselves then.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Angle

This scripture come from the (false) belief that the eye illuminates, or shines a light from the eye to the object being observed. Of course, now we know, through science, that the eye translates light that reflects off the object being observed.

No where in this scripture does it suggest that light emanates from within the body outwardly, rather that it is an inward effect. Read it again.

Here's some other translations:

NIV - Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eyes are healthy, your whole body also is full of light. But when they are unhealthy, your body also is full of darkness.

NLV - Your eye is a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is good, your whole body is filled with light. But when it is bad, your body is filled with darkness.

GNT - Your eyes are like a lamp for the body. When your eyes are sound, your whole body is full of light; but when your eyes are no good, your whole body will be in darkness.

So, if you set righteousness before your eyes, you will be righteous, but if you set evil before your eyes, you will be evil.

It doesn't say beams of light come out from our bodies.

I mean, come on. Seriously?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Isn't that like 'you'll become what you think' then?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
One cannott become enlightened out of himself. That is IMPOSSIBLE. That is just like earth cannot become moist out of itself. It needs water. We need light from a spirit for ours (spirit) to become alike.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

That depends on what your definition of the "Lord" is.

If the "Lord" is that angry fellow from the Old Testament, flying around in a pillar of fire, ordering the murder and enslavement of entire populations, then no, there is NO wisdom in the "Lord".

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Ironically, I've also seen a hell of a lot of stupidity arise from religious causes. Men who have killed and died in the name of a being who raised not a single finger to spare either party their fate. Not to mention that that very lord sacrifices his own children for a shortcoming that he himself gifted them with. For being so all-knowing, he sure doesn't grasp the potential of being a flawed individual...I guess arrogance is the price of being a god, yeah?

I don't bow to arrogance, and arrogance sure as heck doesn't promote any kind of wisdom.
edit on 12-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

It also depends on what wisdom? Is it the diluted re-interpreted words that have been through the game "telephone" too many times? Even those with faith cannot agree on which parts of it to take literally.
edit on 12-3-2013 by g0dhims3lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

It was for laughs AfterInfinity.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

It was for laughs AfterInfinity.

You mean this thread? I surmised as much.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Aim for infinity..

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

No where in this scripture does it suggest that light emanates from within the body outwardly, rather that it is an inward effect. Read it again.

My heart pants, my strength fails me; As for the light of my eyes, it also has gone from me." Psalm 38:10

"The light of the eyes rejoices the heart, And a good report makes the bones healthy." Prov 15:30

"But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness!" Matthew 6:23

"If then your whole body is full of light, having no part dark, the whole body will be full of light, as when the bright shining of a lamp gives you light.” Luke 11:36

Early "scientists" believed that our eyes illuminated objects in the world around us. It was an imprisoned Muslim scientist that proved that light touched the eye, not the other way around.

One of the most important scientific works to be translated was Ibn al-Haytham (Alhazen)'s Book of Optics (1021). Alhazen's book was notable for his early use of an experiment based scientific method,[31] in which he developed a theory of vision and light which built on the work of the Roman writer Ptolemy (but which rejected Ptolemy's theory that light was emitted by the eye, insisting instead that light rays entered the eye), and was the most significant advance in this field until Kepler
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 12-3-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
One cannott become enlightened out of himself. That is IMPOSSIBLE. That is just like earth cannot become moist out of itself. It needs water. We need light from a spirit for ours (spirit) to become alike.

Water is part of the the Earth. Everything we need can be found inside. We don't need to look outside of ourselves to find wisdom.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Right, then I used a bad example.

Howcome all wisdom is the same for every human? Why isn't in every human different knowledge and wisdom. Ah, yes, for we are all the same. (in the end) and the world is the same for everyone.

What a boring place. But we aren't all the same, aren't we?

It's alright.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join