It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women shot by police in Dorner case, refused compensation of truck shot over 100 times.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
instant outrage !!!!!

Boeckmann also said he was willing to cover the tax costs for the truck, but department spokesperson Commander Andrew Smith said tax law required Carranza to shoulder those expenses thru filing a 1099 tax form

oh, nevermind

Sorry, but I'd have a hard time minimalizing an event that left my vehicle with 100 holes in it from a bunch of badge-flashing trigger-happy lunatics. They're lucky they didn't get killed, but LAPD needs to pay some dues here. If the law doesn't allow them to pay the tax, then they (the victims) need to sue for it.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dothedew
I vote that she riddles a squad car with 100 bullet holes and calls it even...

One story I read has -- half-a-dozen -- cops participating in the attempted murder (without warning) of these women. I would post an equatable solution but in the current up-is-down, right-is-wrong atmosphere, I'd probably get life without parole.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Man, if I did that (shot a vehicle over 100 times with people sitting in it) I would be charged with attempted murder!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
instant outrage !!!!!

Boeckmann also said he was willing to cover the tax costs for the truck, but department spokesperson Commander Andrew Smith said tax law required Carranza to shoulder those expenses thru filing a 1099 tax form

oh, nevermind

Oh, the law makes it ok!

Whew... For a minute there I thought all was not right in the world. Thank you for showing me otherwise.

edit on 3/14/2013 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac
Discusting and typical.If you watch the video, you will notice the girl in the article photo is not the victim, and is a model. Why use a glamour model for this ?

Because people won't care if she isn't pretty. And people will want to return to a news source that often features stories that just happen to feature pretty women. Don't you know the new way? Real journalism is a thing of the past. Outta the way, old timer! We came to be entertained. No time for the truth.

Perhaps there is a more mundane explanation, but, until one surfaces... I've offered one possible explanation.

If they couldn't find a photo of her, why use one at all? So, that explanation wouldnt really make sense...
If the woman pictured was somehow otherwise involved in the case, it wouldve been mentioned...
I guess it could have been an honest mistake? In that case, someone should alert them before more people are exposed to it.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Police are really here to protect and serve us right?
reply to post by 23rdChakra

No. No, they're not.
I have lost any respect for LE. They fall on us for the least thing, yet won't police their own scum who abuse their power. Those ladies should at least get the same make, model and year of truck that was destroyed.
But, that won't happen 'cause the cops are never wrong.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I'm outraged the police didn't break the law !!!!!!!

wow, whatever you folks need to hold onto your outrage and support your worldview

sorry I interrupted wth logic and reason

carry on

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
This is not a big issue, but according to me taxes is necessary , because this is law and every one follow it. So if do u want more information about the law then visit here lawyers for truck drivers .

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

So it's reasonable for the pigs to shoot up a truck that is neither the make nor model they are looking for, driven by two old ladies that are not even a close match to the big black guy they are after.

Yep, sure sounds logical and reasonable to me. I'm unsure if you actually know the definition of either of those words.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I have a feeling if this goes to trial, the shooting will be found to be 'justified' in the response to a manhunt.
Somehow, someway, the cops will be found innocent

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

AustinClarke
This is not a big issue, but according to me taxes is necessary , because this is law and every one follow it. So if do u want more information about the law then visit here lawyers for truck drivers .

The taxes should be paid by whe people who destroyed their original truck.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

lynxpilot
If some bimbo can get $750,000 because she had her hot coffee from the McD drive-thru wedged in her crotch when her daughter took off from the window and spilled it, then blamed it on McD's, then certainly these poor folks can make a claim that ought to net them something on the order of 2 or 3 new maseratti's. To hell with the ford.

Please watch the documentary called "hot coffee". I'd be willing to bet that you would change your mind on that case.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Perhaps some cops here would like to remind us of what the consequences were for the cops who blasted away at this wrong color, wrong model, wrong plate, wrong driver, wrong passenger, innocent people?

Were they for example, sacked, charged with negligence, or attempted murder?
Were there in fact any consequences at all?

Edit - actually that wasnt the only wrong truck the cops shot at on that day.
They also blasted away at a black Honda pickup with an innocent man inside.

edit on 7-12-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join