It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women shot by police in Dorner case, refused compensation of truck shot over 100 times.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Expect to pay the government taxes if you are shot and they destroy your vehicle. They put a restriction on selling the truck within the next year. The police department will replace the truck if the women fork out $10,000 in taxes.

So not only did these 2 almost get killed by police, truck shot over 100 times. They get to figure out how to come up with $10,000 in taxes on a truck that was perfectly fine before they were almost killed.

Police are really here to protect and serve us right?

www.rawstory.com...

see link for video

width="576" height="324" "http://media.nbclosangeles.com/designvideo/embeddedPlayer.swf" flashvars="v=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nbclosangeles.com%2Fi%2Fembed_new%2F%3Fcid%3D197246881%26path=//news/local" allowFullScreen="true" AllowScriptAccess="always" />

edit on 12-3-2013 by 23rdChakra because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2013 by 23rdChakra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
If they want to, theyll get rich in a civil suit, so I'd say wait and watch. Theres more to come.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 23rdChakra

I'm surprised there's not a line of lawyers from the sidewalk to her front door.
And I'm not surprised. She needs 7 on her side! lol

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I vote that she riddles a squad car with 100 bullet holes and calls it even...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dothedew
I vote that she riddles a squad car with 100 bullet holes and calls it even...

With the cops sitting in the car at the time.....

I hope they're suing the cops, big time, then the taxes for the new truck could come out of the proceeds received.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I am sure there will be a lawsuit. The question will be... will the trigger happy, goose stepping thugs settle out of court or will the whole mess go to trial....

A public trial and be put in front of the whole nation so everyone can see what an atrocity the new Gestapo called our "militarized police force" has become...
edit on 3/12/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

According to KCBS-TV the truck was offered as a donation by former police commissioner Bert Boeckmann, who currently owns a car dealership. Boeckmann also asked Carranza to take a picture with him, another item Jonas said he told current police chief Charlie Beck was a deal-breaker.

“I made it clear from the moment that I met the chief that there will never be a photo opportunity,” Jonas said. “My client is not a pony to be trotted out to the press to put a smile on her face after she’s been shot at.”

I didn’t see whose insurance covered the woman’s medical expenses? Did she have to make a claim against her auto policy?

Instead of the department whose responsibility this should be to correct, a former police commissioner “donates” from his current stock…???

Ponder a single person (former law enforcement) feels responsible to her?
How about the findings on Dorner’s claim against the department?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Discusting and typical.If you watch the video, you will notice the girl in the article photo is not the victim, and is a model. Why use a glamour model for this ?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Oh, there will be a trial, and itll be rediculous. Theyll bring out a videotape of them shooting the truck, and one cop will say "well, if u play the tape in reverse, u see us holstering our weapons and seeing the defendant on her way home." And just like that, theyll get off scott-free. If they can get away with murder, this will be a walk in the park for them...
edit on 12-3-2013 by dothedew because: just cuz

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This just blows my mind.

What was their crime? Driving the same model of a truck as a wanted man?

I have said it before and I will say it again, this world is a backwards place anymore.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

What's worse is that it wasn't even the same make/brand as the one they were looking for.

Sadly, I have a feeling these people will settle out of court and basically end up with just enough (after legal fees) to buy a comparable used truck.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I hope that it doesn't settle out of court. I would like to see it go as far as it can go in the courts so that these irresponsible, trigger happy, Dorner hunters see the inside of a jail cell. Police officers should not be above the law.

I hope some justice is served in this case.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
If their lawyer is worth a darn, he will refuse pretty much all offers of settlement, knowing that the LAPD absolutely DOES NOT want this to go to court.

A good lawyer will get these ladies millions.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If some bimbo can get $750,000 because she had her hot coffee from the McD drive-thru wedged in her crotch when her daughter took off from the window and spilled it, then blamed it on McD's, then certainly these poor folks can make a claim that ought to net them something on the order of 2 or 3 new maseratti's. To hell with the ford.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
She would be a fool to accept anything from the police department. Accepting something could be considered settlement. These folks will not have to worry about 10,000.oo for a long time.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

I too would like to see this go to trial and make it on TV. The fact that they had to shoot the car so many times certainly lends credence to the fact they were trigger happy.

I wonder why they didn't call for backup setup a road block. That seems sensible. I'm actually surprised with how many shots fired that no collateral damage was done to anyone/anything else. That is a lot of hot lead flying through the air.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

serious question as i am unsure of most insurance regulations but is there coverage in policys for home owners or car owners for lack of a better term that covers police negligence? what i mean is if cops kick in your door and its the wrong address is that covered by your home owners insurance or is that not convered? same for the car situation what kind of policy would u need to insure your self against accidental shooting of your vehicle?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

yeah another good point she drove an asian truck which is much more fuel efficent then a ford f150...also seems that the officer also owns a car dealership and wants to give her one of his trucks.....seems shady that hes tied to it but i could be way off base

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas
reply to post by loveguy

serious question as i am unsure of most insurance regulations but is there coverage in policys for home owners or car owners for lack of a better term that covers police negligence? what i mean is if cops kick in your door and its the wrong address is that covered by your home owners insurance or is that not convered? same for the car situation what kind of policy would u need to insure your self against accidental shooting of your vehicle?

Good question.
I don't know, but it seems like the justice system has something like a CA Victim reparation fund set aside for victims of tragedies.

Does the department in question consider these two ladies to be "victims" of a tragedy? Being how the department is why the tragedy occurred, my cynicism doesn't allow me to see them doing right by Dorner firstly, and these ladies secondly.

But I can try to be optimistic for at least a week.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
instant outrage !!!!!

Boeckmann also said he was willing to cover the tax costs for the truck, but department spokesperson Commander Andrew Smith said tax law required Carranza to shoulder those expenses thru filing a 1099 tax form

oh, nevermind

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join