It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Question Obama on Use of Drones on American Soil. Worried About Us Slaves.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well, well, well.

It seems the House Democrats are suddenly worried about the sheeples and have sent a letter to Obama about his intentions when it comes to using drones on American soil and killing Americans without due process.

I find this very interesting, indeed.

Are they suddenly worried about that old piece of paper called the Constitution? Or are they just trying to act concerned to get re-elected.

What say you?

"Authorizing the killing of American citizens and others has profound implications for our Constitution, the core values of our Nation, our national security and future international practice. The executive branch's claim of authority to deprive citizens of life, and to do so without explaining the legal bases for doing so, sets a dangerous precedent and is a model of behavior that the United States would not want other nations to emulate," the lawmakers write.

source: www.politico.com...

Maybe they just want to go on record as questioning Obama's intentions.

When they actually do something---like stand up and filibuster for 13 hours....

Well, then I'll be impressed.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Smells like very early campaigning to me.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
We could always think positive and hope they are finally realizing a basic truth, even there. This isn't about partisan politics. This is about separation and accountability of powers between areas of the U.S. Federal Government.

The next guy could well be a Republican President. A couple hundred years of history in this nation show a traditional swing back and forth to make it more than a passing chance. That man, whoever it is, will have these same powers. I'd have really liked it if they had considered that whole scenario when letting Bush take some of the liberties HE did on our freedoms and the power of Congress.

However, I'll take late to never in this game. Every bit helps...if they're finally seeing it's about their OWN survival as a relevant body of Government too.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RedShirt73

You're right. If they blindly climb on the Obama wagon for the next two years they are cooked in the midterms and Obama could care less about them. He no longer has to win an election. Expect Obama to throw everything he has at the wall between now and the 2014 election. He'll just sit and wait to see what sticks and what falls to the floor.

Really, their only job is working from one election to another anyway and right now Obama is the pariah that they don't want hanging out on their shoulders. They follow hard left and they are cooked. God, our system sucks. I wish all those in Congress were held to a two term limit. Then they could finally start working for the people again versus advancing their political careers.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
Well, well, well.

It seems the House Democrats are suddenly worried about the sheeples and have sent a letter to Obama about his intentions when it comes to using drones on American soil and killing Americans without due process.

I find this very interesting, indeed.

Are they suddenly worried about that old piece of paper called the Constitution? Or are they just trying to act concerned to get re-elected.

Yah...Just like the GOP questioned Pres. Bush on the drone program....Oh, that's right...THEY DIDN'T. I do remember the GOP questioning anyones patriotism who had the audacity to question that administrations military policy?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

The drone program has significantly evolved under the current administration. To think that the left was once all up in arms over Water Boarding? How many died directly from water boarding? How many civilians killed by water boarding? Obama would rather kill them than question them. Imagine the fallout if Bush operated a Drone program such as the one that continues to evolve with the passing of each day.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Uh?

Difference was Bush did not even try to use them here Obama does and his yes man suddenly grew a conscience?

Hardly.
edit on 12-3-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

There were Republicans that disagreed with waterboarding under Bush. Now these Dems are voicing their concern over Drone attacks with Obama.

We need to put the partisan hoopla to the side and recognize that both sides of the aisle have people that have the same concerns as you and I.

Our constitutional rights hold precedence over anything any administration can throw at us and we should be glad that there are some of our elected representatives, whether it be Left or Right, that are out there working on things that really concern the average citizen.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedShirt73
reply to post by MRuss

Smells like very early campaigning to me.

I hope that's not true. Campaign lengths have reached levels of excess as it is. I don't think any other country spends half of their leaders' terms urging the populace towards one faction or the other. The fact that mine does is wearying me.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Here's your homework for the night before you comment on a thread of which you are not up to speed:

Please research the drone program under Obama.

See how it has advanced.

And while you're at it, please make a list of all the other rights and freedoms Obama has trounced in the past five years.

Thank you.

We're trying to have an intelligent conversation here, not just a blind commenting session on Obama.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Imagine the fallout if Bush operated a Drone program such as the one that continues to evolve with the passing of each day.

Imagine the fallout if instead of operating a Drone program that targeted given individual terrorists, Bush simply bombed the hell out of then invaded entire countries, sometimes with made up evidence?

I don't have to imagine the fallout...over a million innocent folks died, folks on the right, like yourself defended him, and anyone questioning the insanity was labled a traitor in a time of war.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Some would say times have changed. It is not a nice world out there and we need big brother to protect us. Its the way of the future. People say their neighbors are not friendly anymore. You get the death stare when turning at light. Somebody bumps into on accident in passing, and then they are up in arms wanting to fight about it. Crazy people all over the place.

People just looking out for themselves and throw everybody under the bus to get ahead mentality.

So is it a bad idea to be able to police this? I am not in support of shedding the constitution, just playing devils advocate here.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss

We're trying to have an intelligent conversation here, not

I read your OP....That is a bold claim in that context.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

There were Republicans that disagreed with waterboarding under Bush. Now these Dems are voicing their concern over Drone attacks with Obama.

Yeah waterboarding is evil but a hellifire from a drone is no problem has already been established.

The Bush doctrine was fight them over there.
The Obama doctrine is fight them over here and if your caught in the kill box your just collateral damage,

Our constitutional rights hold precedence over anything any administration can throw at us and we should be glad that there are some of our elected representatives, whether it be Left or Right, that are out there working on things that really concern the average citizen.

What constitutional rights?

The current administration is running trifecta no rights to my money,no rights to my guns, no rights to my life.

Oh they are working on things that really concern the average citizen working hard to screw them over.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If they (dems) find concern with the drone program an are jumping off the Obama-train, then I would applaud them.

Yes.

Me.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Indigo5

Uh?

Difference was Bush did not even try to use them here Obama does and his yes man suddenly grew a conscience?

Hardly.
edit on 12-3-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I think you need to open a window and look outside. You are living in an alternate reality...

“Dear Senator Paul,” Holder said in a 43-word letter. “It has come to my attention that you have now asked an additional question: ‘Does the President have the authority to use a weaponized drone to kill an American not engaged in combat on American soil?’ The answer to that question is no.”

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Move along.

Not here to share insults.

Let's stick to the subject please.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It seems like these house Democrats are questioning the Obama administration...same as you. Therefore, aren't they doing the work of the people?

The following comment is directed towards everyone, not Neo exclusively:

What we have here is in this thread is a perfect example of why real issues are never resolved.

The Dems are questioning Obama......we should be glad, correct?

But no, we have to make this a debate on whether Obama was as bad as Bush or whether the Dems are just doing this for political purposes.

Time and time again we express our concerns on the issues but we can never get past the meatheaded idea that anything that is good for the people only occurs under the leadership of the people we agree with politically.

So all of you can continue to bicker about the irrelevant, but don't be surprised when nothing gets done because we were too worried about which team scored more points.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

The reality I live in?

The one where no democrats filibustered Bush, the one where Obama has killed Amerikans overseas Bush didn't.

The reality where Obama has killed more people using drones than the last administration.

www.wired.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

The Dems are questioning Obama......we should be glad, correct?

Only after the actions of Rand Paul had Paul done and said nothing would they be saying anything?

No.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join