It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I hate all religion.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Opraks

Maybe he disliked jews because of the banking system installed in Germany by none other than Lord Rothchild (a jew). You think that the reason why he waged war against jews was due to the fact that a single jewish family owned the entire british empire and was hell bent on resurrecting israel at any cost?..

Ps. Its really funny ever since the world war, anything against jews becomes anti- sametic. Got news for ya buddy im from Nables, a city in Palestine that got bull dosed by Israel. Well i guess it makes me a terrorist~ Shouldnt have been born in the city stupid me for picking it
I sure hope your not American because Israel has attacked America more times than Any Arab nation.
edit on 13-3-2013 by NeoMuslim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by caveman61
The whole purpose of religion is belief in something greater than yourself. That in itself creates humility. I am certainly no better than any one else. I will never judge a person over thier beliefs, I even like George Carlin's " the great proton" ( or eas it electron) it just is. Not to say some one who doesn't believe can't be a good human, example Penn Gillete, atheist. As for isalamaphobia I say Bull Pucky just a buch of crap. Stop convincing people to carry bombs and blow themselves up and preach peace, and not call me an infedel then I will treat you with respect. In other words get your own house in order.

Ps please give the Temple Mount back to its rightful owners, Israel.
No I am not Jewish but I will stand by them and their heritage.

Please give back america to its rightful owners. Native Americans. Thank you. And Yes I am an american and would love to see it passed back to its rightful owners.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by MaMaa

I have found peace by not following or trying to be like some unattainable entity, so I agree with your premise!

I've always found that the greatest peace can be achieved, not by fighting yourself, but by understanding and accepting who you are. Far too often, some of our impressionable young men and women find that they are not quite able to ignore their nature, and as a result, they go through hell trying to decide which is more important: being themselves, or being who their peers and superiors want them to be.

I was one of them.

Agreed! I have always been ok with just being me, which is why I never fit into a religion who told me being me was bad. LOL Oh well, no skin off my back. So long as they keep their beliefs to themselves then I don't give a care what they choose to believe. They can believe in the flying spaghetti monster for all I care!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoMuslim

Originally posted by caveman61
The whole purpose of religion is belief in something greater than yourself. That in itself creates humility. I am certainly no better than any one else. I will never judge a person over thier beliefs, I even like George Carlin's " the great proton" ( or eas it electron) it just is. Not to say some one who doesn't believe can't be a good human, example Penn Gillete, atheist. As for isalamaphobia I say Bull Pucky just a buch of crap. Stop convincing people to carry bombs and blow themselves up and preach peace, and not call me an infedel then I will treat you with respect. In other words get your own house in order.

Ps please give the Temple Mount back to its rightful owners, Israel.
No I am not Jewish but I will stand by them and their heritage.

Please give back america to its rightful owners. Native Americans. Thank you. And Yes I am an american and would love to see it passed back to its rightful owners.

I could easily choose your side of the argument since I have Cherokee blood running in my veins but the harsh reality of this world is possess of all and any things ends with the grave and the lands of the Americas is no exception. To drive the point home more clearer, the lands once possessed by the native Americans belonged to them when and while they possessed them. It is part of the meaning behind "Possession is 9/10th of the law". It is also a harsh reality that someone's father grandfather, great grandfather may have been many things but none of those things can be claimed by anyone but them. Someone's father having climbed Mt Everest is a significant accomplishment but the son has no real claim to that accomplishment. Yes, many things can and are bestowed upon the children of men and women; e.g, the son of the Winner of the Congressional Medal of Honor may be admitted to West Point based significantly upon an extended expression of respect and acknowledgement for the father but this could never be claimed as a birthright by the child. Baring your father's last name can be viewed as a "Birthright" but your parent's being married extends/conveys that right in law and we are a nation of laws.
edit on 13-3-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

It seems your anger is a 50/50 split between the hypocrisy of many religions coupled with a "rebellion" because you were forced to go to church as a child. I'm not by any means a psychologist, but that's the gist i got.

I do understand why people, like yourself, would not like religion. "Hate" is a harsh term, but if you want to go with that, then ok. However, i have been trying to get my point across all week in various posts taking shots at religion. Those who are religious and chose to go to church etc are not the leaders of the religion. They/we are mostly good people who just, like anyone, atheist or otherwise,try to live life being the best people we can.

Not to say i don't understand your religious "nutjobs".... i kind of understand that. There's some people that either take it too far or judge others that don't take it far enough. Both i think are unnecessary. So on that, i agree.

But please, we're not all as bad as the name the leaders give their religions

edit on 13-3-2013 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2013 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

To the OP, I think if I had the same experience as you, I would feel the same way. I don't know if its your geography or what that is different, but my experience has been basically the opposite of yours. Around here, nobody cares what church you go to, nobody tries to push theirs on anyone else (except like everywhere, we have the door-to-door Mormon salesmen), and the priests (most churches around here are Catholic), typically drive something like a base-model, 2002 Ford Taurus and live in a small apartment attached to or next to the church.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The reason you don't believe in it is its because its a load of lies

enlightenment my friend is understanding its all based on the WORSHIP OF SATURN well this is a starting point anyway

once you have checked out the various websites you can see how they brainwash so many people just by lying to people and writing a book. but try telling people about it and they look at you as though your the mad one

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
reply to post by beezzer

LOL! The point is I dont want YOUR gods forgiveness. I want YOUR forgiveness. I don't need the percieved image of some big burly guy in your head to tell me its ok.

I know you were funnin' with me, so dont take whats above to heart. Its just the way I feel about people who cant say a complete sentence without 'praising him' or talking in some way about God/Allah/Jesus.

If I went around everywhere talking about my imaginary friend George I'd be locked up in the loony bin by now.

MOTF!

i cant imagine why you want anyones forgiveness. you create your own heaven or hell.

what you rail against is an agitated mind (real or perceived),that wants to shove any religion down your throat (you've obviously had enough of that earlier), whilst your own mind is already agitated by excessive distrust of religion or its adherents. at least the obsessive/converting types
move on.
there are better things to occupy yourself with. drop both sides, you dont need either. be still.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Actually, religion is almost solely responsible for where we are today as a society, including advancements in technology, society, etc. Most people do not realize this fact. Much of this is due to Christianity, at least in the western world, although other religions played a big part as well over the centuries. Of course we all know the atrocities that religion is responsible for, but in truth they are outweighed by the good imo. By far.

Just a few examples to illustrate my point: the church was responsible for starting universities, the Bible itself improved literacy rates, as did religion in general. Religion, although it may not seem so, made the world a much more stable place, which in turn led to the prominence of centers of learning, as they would have possibly been destroyed otherwise.

All of the advancements in caring for people stem straight from religion. Many of the groups who help people today would not have existed without religion. Look at the Red Cross. And science suffered for a short period in the big scheme of things due to religion, but otherwise it flourished because of religion. This is once people started to understand that science was not truly addressing religion in any way. Science simply attempts to understand that "how" of what already "is." There are a plethora of other examples if one cares to look into the issue, so hating religion sounds relatively ignorant once realizes how integral religion was and still is in advancing society and the world as a whole.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

In case you missed it this is one of the reasons I wanna pull my hair out concerning religions,sometimes no context in an action is to be taken just robotic like obedience at all times,thou shalt not lie,but if it came down to it who wouldn't lie to save a child's life.some religions do not believe in blood transfusions so their members would let their loved ones die or hay were are starving to death but right next to us is steak on hooves going moo,
edit on 14-3-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
all religion and religious beliefs are a form of mental illness

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I am with you 100%. I am all for faith or spirituality, but I cannot stand any religion or any of the fake religious hypocrites. I have yet to meet anyone who actually follows the road they claim their religion has paved for them.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by votan

seems like you have a problem with people and not religion.

Maybe with what religion does to people.

MOTF!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
reply to post by MajorKarma

One more thing.

There are a lot of decent people who don't believe in any god or higher power. There are a lot of people who do terrible things that are sitting in church on every Sunday morning.

MOTF!

It is apparent you are in some form of denial and I am not in the mood to play "Clerk's Rhetoric". I doubt you have any Military Service certainly not any combat experience but let me assure you "There are No Atheists in Foxholes" and under the wrong circumstance, praying would inevitably be on your list of attempts to save your arse.

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

So only good people go to church? Denial? I don't remember making a thread about war.

So, religion has made you feel that the people in church are the only decent ones? AND because you've seen combat and were scared so much that all you could do was to pray that somehow makes me a bad dude because I don't like religion? Color me confused.

MOTF!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

I probably just need to get out of the 'bible belt'.

Thanks for the reply

MOTF!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I agree that religion has helped us in many ways. The steam shovel helped us in many ways too.

Steam Shovel

MOTF!

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Here is a distraction!

100s of millions of years later.

(famous Ozzy, dove moment.)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
On the subject of the OP. Have I ever been there!! Yikes.

One of the big problems with religions is that they generally have an open door policy and are very inclusive. Their messages are often tailored for the lowest common denominator and tend to be bland platitudes. Because they are so inclusive as to membership and their message is so mundane and yet "important", they tend to empower people who have mastered the message and who don't have a real solid grasp of the issues that human beings face both inwardly and outwardly.

This can be very irritating to people who are of above average intelligence and above average awareness.

Religion exists for a reason and the reason is valid. It addresses issues and questions that science hasn't really wrapped up and gives no sign of ever wrapping up.

The political side of religion can overwhelm the important underlying reason for its existence. When I started to ignore religion as politics and delved into the essence of religion, I was much relieved to find that I could relate to it. I realized its importance.

Two important books for me were William Barrett's Irrational Man and William James' Varieties of Religious Experience. After that I looked into Hinduism and Buddhism. I am still fascinated by them both.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
What bugs me about religion is how deceived the masses have actually been over the past. Religion was set out by the rich and elite to keep the poor focused on anything but the elite's evil agendas, and keep them divided.

Why can't people believe in themselves? We do infact, hold all of the power ever needed throughout life. Connect to yourself, your higher being... Not try to reach out to a false god.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by clairvoyantrose

As I have said, my greatest issue is how a species that admires an egomaniacal tyrant will ever find true peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join