It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I hate all religion.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I could rant for hours about why religion is destroying this world around us
and the fact that they are sold from childhood all those lies but i just go at
it from a moral point of view, if you have to lie cheat and steal to get
religious converts to follow any of the mainstream religions and then you
tell them to do immoral things, well i hate to say it but you might as well
just be "devil worshipers" because your not helping anyone, you sell
a cop out for morality and expect respect in return when you and
your religion never earned even basic respect to begin with.

If you use violence and fear to gain respect your just another mafia or
mob trying to run peoples lives with god as the "godfather" and all
his preachers are his crime bosses, theft, intimidation, murder,
power, its all there and that analogy fits very well. Religion is simply
a way to gain power over your fellow humans, it is the ultimate
expression of ego, "i got it right so i get to be saved".

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I'm not a fan of religion. I'm a fan of spirituality.

'Spiritual' people at higher risk of mental health problems

People who claim to be ‘spiritual’ but not religious are often struggling to cope mentally, according to a study.

Welcome to Above Top Secret, aka 'The Funny Farm'.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
People are not perfect you know. No matter if they believe in the true religion or not, they are never going to be perfect. But to spread the word of lets say Jesus, people are supposed to follow His commands if they truly love Him.

Totally agree with you that religion is bogus. A relationship with God is amazing though.
Even the Bible says that men are not perfect, so you should not listen to them, but read the word.

You can only find out if a religion is bogus based on the books, not by the people. Give the Bible a shot, could change your life for the better.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
What happened?

Religion is being used as a major tool of the Illuminati agenda.

This is WHY Religion is one MASSIVE lie.

All religion does is drive people AWAY from God, this is Satan's real agenda.

Study the TRUE origins of false religions and learn who is actually behind the facade.

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control." Link

OPUS DEI-- War on Protestantism

The Vatican has infiltrated, or neutered and spayed, virtually every denomination and organization in Christendom. Various means have been used, but Opus Dei has played a major role in this.

Virtually 100% of the world's seminaries are in the pocket of the Roman Whore in that they use her Bible via the Alexandrian Gnostic Greek texts.

I am fully persuaded that Opus Dei and the Jesuits have already planted many of their agents in Baptist and Fundamental churches and schools.

I am convinced that many Fundamental Baptist churches are NOW pastored by Jesuits and Opus Dei agents. Many deacons and Sunday School teachers are now inside the Baptist movement teaching doctrines of Rome. You need to read the following articles so that you can watch for the signs that you too have an hireling planted in your church by the Vatican.

OPUS DEI-- War on Protestantism

What if I were to tell you, that there is a vast Satanic conspiracy to deceive the masses of every society on earth? What if I were to tell you that the top leaders of the world’s religions were in league with the Devil? Would you think I’m crazy? I would! Yet, the truth is stranger than fiction! You have been lied to my friend. Few people in the world today are aware of just how much Satan has infiltrated and is behind ALL false religion.
Source

"Today the religions of the world remain a major tool of the Illuminati agenda." Link

"What if there were people within the various Churches of God who covertly were guiding the members to slowly accept new ideas which are alien to the true faith and who were dedicated to destroying that faith at all costs?"

JESUIT-JEDI MINDTRICKS

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

Here's the thing, and this is obviously just my perception of things... "god" is not an ontic god. It's not separate from you; you are just a facet of "god" that is experiencing itself subjectively.

I philosophy that I subscribe to is known as The Law of One, and it may be described thusly:

The Law of One, though beyond the limitations of name, as you call vibratory sound complexes, may be approximated by stating that all things are one, that there is no polarity, no right or wrong, no disharmony, but only identity. All is one, and that one is love/light, light/love, the Infinite Creator.

As to the idea of religion, there is an interesting quote that I'll share that I think speaks to how I feel about it-

Many churches and many different religions decide to bypass the intellect and rest upon the opening of the heart. They engage in song after song that praises the one infinite Creator within the language and clothing of that particular religion. Their members are perhaps encouraged to pray out loud and to become ecstatic. And in the surging of the rhythmic cadences of the songs, in the prayers and the praise, the love and light of the one infinite Creator seem palpable. And therefore the experience of those seeking the Creator in these ways has a certain amount of purity to it which is missing from those more intellectually organized religions where the mind is the tool used to probe at the meaning of life, of what it is to be a human being and what it is to serve the one infinite Creator.

Now, I realize that this will probably rub some people the wrong way, when you hear the term "serve the one infinite creator", but you must remember that if all is one, then you too, are that creator. Indeed, you are that entity in it's entirety, although, seemingly paradoxically in this reality, so is everyone else. It is mysterious and goes beyond your ability to fully comprehend on an "intellectual" level, and yet I'm quite sure that it is so.

Thanks friends, and Namaste!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
People act like they are better than you because of the church they attend.

Then, you have some religious people who think they represent the one ond only religion and all others are insane.

Basically, the reason I don't follow organized religion is because the people in it are not following the word of God or Christ at all. Have you seen how horrible these people are?? My friend Seth Watson, a high school math teacher, went to go play basketball in the church court the other day, and the pastor came out and got SUPER pissed at him.

I do pray every night, however, and try to follow the Golden Rule (which is largely forgotten by religious circles in America).

As far as religious people (or even politicians or the rich) thinking they represent the one and only religion or way of thinking, no one should EVER take that attitude seriously. It simply became a joke to me once I have been around a bunch of different religions, cultures, economic classes and political parties that all think they are the ONLY correct one. It is obviously false, but it is usually a lot worse in American religious circles.

If someone thinks theirs is the only correct way of thinking, it would probably benefit them to get out more. It might not make them become completely open-minded (I know I need work) but it will help, and help with social situations and relationships, including romantic ones, as well.

Girls tend to dislike guys who think they know everything.
edit on 13-3-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Interesting. Jesus hated religion too.

Religion doesn't get your spirit back to God when you die, relationship does. So I guess you'll be somewhere else.

Am I wring? You cannot prove that till your dead. Dead men don't talk. That's why faith is the prerequisite.

It's funny though because people like you saying they hate religion, shows they are bothered by it. The secure ones just ignore it.

Your statement that dead men don't talk justifies the OP's thread. Since dead men don't talk how would you know where the spirit goes after death? Yet you forecast a veiled threat in saying that he will be going somewhere other than god. So many different faiths so much varied hypocrisy. The united states was founded on a basis of the separation of church and state (hmmmm... not sure but maybe there was a reason for that) generally based on the oppression and heavy hands of the religious organizations in the UK and other parts of Europe or the world for that matter. Religion has been responsible for more death and human strife on our planet that the majority of our wars put together (I.E. the crusades, the inquisition, witch trial...ect...ect..ect..) No matter what someone of a certain faith tells me, they are always the "right ones" but I do have to hand it to Southpark and the episode that summed up which faith is going to be going to heaven.... its the Mormons! Belief in a creator is individual. I guess I should join the church of Doctor Seuss his "sermons" fit all of the right criteria... they were written by a human, they are inspirational, they have hidden meaning and I have to pay to read them...just like the majority of religions out there. People need to stop shoving their faith down our throats! The fact is no one will ever know nor do I care to know since I am hoping I will not be passing soon. So stand to and take feast but remember that wine is not blood... its fermented juice from a grape and it will get you messed up if you partaketh too much and thats not skin its a cracker and its loaded with carbs just like the wine.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Every religion, every organized religion says that there is a superior being. We are suggesting that there is no such thing; that you are that One; that you are an equal Piece of the One. There is no superior being. We are suggesting that you created this reality and every organized religion will suggest that there is a superior being that created this reality and then put you here. We suggest that you absolutely cannot fail and every organized religion will suggest that if you don’t follow their rules and regulations then you will fail. And so it should come as no surprise that when we put it in that context, when we give that direct explanation, that people then put together the pieces of the puzzle to figure that out, that they will become agitated.

We haven’t been concerned about agitating people but rather presenting the three simple truths, that you are the Piece of the One that you search for, it exists withinside each and every one of you. You are so much more than what you perceive. If you could grasp that concept and bring it into your consciousness, you could get a glimpse of the unlimited possibilities that exist, not through some religion, not through some method of following rules and regulations, but rather exist withinside each and every one of you. It is your right. It is who and what you are. It is not something you can lose. It is not something you have to gain. It exists, absolutely, withinside each and every individual existing within your vibrational level. You create this reality.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I read the post but unable to reply, I going through the sharia law book with a friend and its a disaster that leads to the devolution of civilization, back to the dark ages.

There is no salvation in the shedding of innocent blood. I cant even believe people joining this most terrible religion. If you leave Islam it is allowed that you be killed, breaking the universal law of do not kill with prevail in advanced civilization.

Reading through the others laws is simply so incomprehensible, I also heard that many are leaving Islam in their own backyard as it is a religion of spiritual repression.

That religion is not the road to salvation except personality extinction. I also cant believe the cowardliness of using the family to kill their own under the guise of family honour just another rouse doing the bidding of the worst teachers on the planet who have the poorest fruits ever.

I am not fooled nor persuaded by their crafty posts.

They do not have the witness of Universal truth at the end, they break the law continually and all there videos are not worth a scrap, just more of the same propaganda of the worst people who are deceitful full of deception by the fruits of all the barbarianism leading to failed states throughout the world.
edit on 13-3-2013 by sevens8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Well, apparently you're very confused. I'm a practicing Muslim. So that means I am better than you? Of course not, we are all equal. Here is the problem, I don't drink, fool around with the next girl I see walking down the streets, believe in God (Allah) and try my best to be a good person and replicate Jesus (Includes other profits as they were all truly guided men). While on the other hand, you might not see a reason as to uphold such a tough life (and yes being a Muslim is very tough). So you can go around get wasted every night and do as you wish, that is between you and Allah. He guides whomever he wishes, however if hypothetically speaking we were neighbors and had children well, I know you're children will become a negative influence due to the fact that you yourself don't uphold traits that I would wish in my son. I know you're anti-religious and all but you shouldn't need to go out and find a "religion". If you truly deny ignorance then you will search in your heart for the answer, not this forum.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoMuslim

while I do agree with most everything you are saying, "You can be in the world and not of the world."
I am not a father but grew up with mormon parents, (I myself am non denominational now) My parents were very cautious of who i hung out with, but always trusted I would make the right choices. I had friends in the church that their parents wouldnt let them hang out with certain kids because they knew their parents drank etc and like you said didnt want a bad influence on them. Those kids often grow up with a resentment twords people not of their religion, try to "cram" their religion onto others, judge others immediately etc.

Teach your kids proper principles and let them govern themselves.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollarbar

You can only find out if a religion is bogus based on the books, not by the people. Give the Bible a shot, could change your life for the better.

1) How can someone think their religion is right while others are bogus? From what I can tell the "books" all say the same thing with a few details changed. I guess just enough to make an argument over.

2) You think I haven't read the bible? I certainly have. Don't remember much of it, but I'm ok with that seeing as how any Ruler, from shortly after the time of Jesus untill now, could change it on a whim. Whatever suited them and their agenda. I think part of the message is still there but for the most part its been lost to time and tyrants.

3) "could change your life for the better"-you
Why do you asssume my life is bad? I've found that most religuous people want to change your life for the better somehow. Last time I checked I can't go to the grocery store and slap the bible down instead of money. Nothing on this planet is going to change the outcome of your life but yourself.

MOTF!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012

It's funny though because people like you saying they hate religion, shows they are bothered by it. The secure ones just ignore it.

I'm also bothered by door-to-door salesmen, telemarketers, and not being able to do anything without some sort of commercial flashed in my face.

MOTF!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoMuslim

So.....

If we were neighbors you wouldn't let my kid play with your kid. Because you would think your better than me. Thats exactly what I'm talking about.

Do you seriously think every non muslim gets drunk and has sex with floosies every night? Is that seriously what you have to tell yourself to make you feel superior to other people?

I'm very glad you arent my neighbor. You are most definately teaching your kids different that I'm teaching mine. I try to go with the 'live and let live' approach. Not the 'we don't do this stuff and the fact that we don't makes us better than other people' approach.

MOTF!

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

I may sound crazy after all I just said, but I feel the same. I believe there is something more than ourselves I just dont choose to call it by any name. So, I guess im deeply anti-religuous while being pro-spirituality. I believe you can absolutely have one without the other.

I donno just call it the force,maybe Lucas was on to something..

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I totally understand your stance on organized religion although I wouldn't use the term "hate". To me thats an evil word. Religion really has taken man's soul hostage IMHO. All of the religions are suspect. They have become tools for evil men to maintain control over otherwise good men (this is not a new occurrence. It started a couple hundred years ago). What is scary is that some prophecies (sorry I can't quote them here - I can't remember where I read it) predict the fall of the Roman Catholic Church as a precursor to the collapse of modern society. The church, along with the banking system. Seeing how close the two are linked, they may go at the same time. Start saving up guns and butter beans!

Vatican and the Mafia

publicintelligence.net...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I agree their is a lot of hypocrisy in religion when one belief system is held as true and others are seen as false. How can one faith discount another? They are both belief systems with the same validity, no?

I see a church as a hospital for the wounded, not a sanctuary for saints.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I think it's a stretch to say that you hate "all" religion, there're about two dozen major religions in today's world and I think before you decide to hate them all you need to at least understand what each and every religion actually teaches. I'm not trying to convert anyone to any religion, all I'm saying is that hating something without fully understanding it is like hating a certain food before even tasting it. In any case, hate is never a good thing, and you don't need any religion to tell you that.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Hitler didn't care about understanding Jews but he hate them and he liked own hate.
As we can see knowing the subject isn't necessary to hate. What is important about hating is that hating anything is a problem especially of the person who hates. I am sorry for the person who started this thread.
edit on 13-3-2013 by Opraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The whole purpose of religion is belief in something greater than yourself. That in itself creates humility. I am certainly no better than any one else. I will never judge a person over thier beliefs, I even like George Carlin's " the great proton" ( or eas it electron) it just is. Not to say some one who doesn't believe can't be a good human, example Penn Gillete, atheist. As for isalamaphobia I say Bull Pucky just a buch of crap. Stop convincing people to carry bombs and blow themselves up and preach peace, and not call me an infedel then I will treat you with respect. In other words get your own house in order.

Ps please give the Temple Mount back to its rightful owners, Israel.
No I am not Jewish but I will stand by them and their heritage.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join