It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I hate all religion.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekTheTruth101

I don't believe that you have to be religious to believe in God. I think religion in most cases is just a man made system of beliefs that confine your belief in God to fit in their mold of who God is and how you have to serve him

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MrBigDave

If you're not religious, then what sort of god do you believe in? I mean, I know there's being religious and not having a god, but...doesn't believing in a god sort of require a religion?
edit on 12-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
reply to post by SeekTheTruth101

I may sound crazy after all I just said, but I feel the same. I believe there is something more than ourselves I just dont choose to call it by any name. So, I guess im deeply anti-religuous while being pro-spirituality. I believe you can absolutely have one without the other.

MOTF!

The only place the two can coexist is love. If you refuse to make your religion love than you are left with one of the many fine options or you can simply create your own.

Choosing no religion is the same as choosing your own religion; your religion has become anti-religion or anti-organized worship, at least in its current form.

I am also anti - the current form of worship. But I am pro worship, which creates such a dilemma. If I seek like minded individuals and start meeting with them, we become a religion. The only way to avoid religion is to live alone, but we are not meant to live alone.

This is why we must agree as mankind on at least a foundation for religion. Something simple that we can agree on.

We need only one law.

"If someone feels physically or emotionally hurt, than they were physically or emotionally hurt, If it is by your action that someone is physically or emotionally hurt, than you have broken the law, weather intentionally or unintentionally." - me

Anything less than this is barbaric. We should be able to communicate with each other both rationally and intelligently without the need for argument or violence. It is time to evolve, before we destroy ourselves.

If we need more than that one law than we cannot evolve.

If each of us could except our actions and ask forgiveness to the one hurt we could end all the bs. We could eliminate TBTB because they would simply no longer need to be. In the 1960's the human race called for the evolution of mankind and we failed, despite the amount of progress they made. It is time to push for the evolution of mankind but this time when TPTB give us the peace we demand, we need to make sure we never give the power to take peace away to any man.

We can only eliminate religion when we can agree that all pain caused is sin and we learn to acknowledge our sin and ask for forgiveness before we allow our sin to grow into something dangerous and out of control. War is out of control sin and we refuse to stop fighting. It is time to wake up sin has become utterly sinful, there is nothing more to learn.

Haven't you had your fill, I am sick of the things I see, and it is my fault. We are all to blame, we watch the movies, buy the name brands, parade our accomplishments and lord them over others.

Why doesn't God feed the poor? He gave us the minds to do it ourselves, why are we waiting for him? Why doesn't God cure cancer? He gave us the minds to do it ourselves, why are we waiting for him?

Surely if we poored our rediculas military spending into research that would save instead of research that would kill, would we not find the cures much faster?

Maybe God will never heal an amputee, but maybe someday the mind he gave us will find a way to grow it back. If stem cell research never grows back a limb than we will develop artificial limbs that exceed the functionality of our own.

Why doesn't God? Why doesn't God?

Isn't it time to ask why don't we? Can we not love each other enough to dedicate all our resources to providing adequate food, sewage, and housing to all people? The technology exists, the resources are there, can we look past the money and simply love each other for a change.

Are you ready to evolve? I am but I can't go anywhere without the rest of you. Agree or disagree we are in this together.

edit on 12-3-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

I agree with your post. As we are now though, most, if not all, religions ventured far away from 'love' a long time ago. What we have now is a sespool of hate and ignorance with a dash of hypocrisy.

MOTF!

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

reply to post by sacgamer25

I agree with your post. As we are now though, most, if not all, religions ventured far away from 'love' a long time ago. What we have now is a sespool of hate and ignorance with a dash of hypocrisy.

MOTF!

I won't turn this into a religious thread so I will only reply to the OP on this statement if he asks.

What I have described is a modernized version of what both the OT and NT say the 1000 year reign of Christ will be like. This is why the Jews don't believe in Jesus as the Messiah because they are still waiting for the Messianic Age.

The promise to them was an earthly one, modern Christians have discarded this view to an entirely different "heaven view". Where the Messianic age is only possible for those who die in Christ and are in heaven.

I believe the Jews were right but only part of the promise was fulfilled 2000 years ago. I truly believe that we have the power, or rather "God", "the universal power", "the light", call it what you want is about to give us the power to change.

You can either believe in a "messianic age" of peace and prosperity for all or you believe we simply are too inadequate to make this "heaven on earth" real.

I believe that we can change and we only need to look back 50 years for the blueprint for success.

And I'm not proposing the drug induced comma peace that some ultimately turned too. Drugs were probably the downfall to the peace movement. This time we need to do peace sober. If that is possible? HAHA

edit on 12-3-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

You would certainly have my forgiveness, if there was even anything to forgive in the first place!

My religion taught me to try never to judge others, because a) it is not my place, and b) because I am equally flawed , and just as guilty as the next person. It is good advice, because when emotions get running judgements get flippant. I know I am very, very guilty of judging others quickly and harshly--something for which I would like forgiveness. And I work to change my behavior, so that my harmful/destructive/selfish acts are reduced, and I can hope someday they will have been eliminated entirely, though it isn't likely.

That is what my religion taught me, but it is only through meditation and reflection and practicing self-control that I can hope to achieve it. Maybe those are the things that need to be encouraged in organized religion?

I personally don't mind hearing about other religions, or about atheism for that matter, as long as it is a civil conversation and all parties actually know about their religion and whatnot. I don't like how when the subject comes up, it turns from a conversation into a battle. An opportunity to learn and think becomes an opportunity to "win a battle for God/Science." But I put that down to an inherent flaw within the Human animal itself, a tendency toward ignorance and pack mentality that, hell, it's just in our genes, ya know?

But religion/atheism are not subjects I would normally ever seek to converse about anyhow. It is just something that, to me, lends itself to being highly personal in nature, introspective, meditative. Most people however seem to wear their religion/nonreligion like a gang color. It confuses me. But then, almost all behaviors which are common between people confuse me, and confusion distresses me badly. This is why I avoid almost all contact with people almost all the time. I guess I Just Don't Get It, heh.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by heyitsok

Hey man/woman, I hear ya. I'm all for religion and ANYONE being able to follow any religion they want. My problem comes from the fact that so many people are quick to push their religion on you while denouncing yours.

If god can fill some hole in your soul, then more power to ya. Just don't push it on anyone else or think you are somehow better than me or mine.

MOT!F

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

If you're not religious, then what sort of god do you believe in? I mean, I know there's being religious and not having a god, but...doesn't believing in a god sort of require a religion?

Here is the definition of "Religion" that I am using, per Websters Dictionary, an "institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices".

I believe in God, but I don't believe that I have to worship him the way that religious groups tell me too.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
i think (assuming i understand the problem in OP) the issue is still not religion.. it is the people. Some people try to cram their beliefs down your throat whether it is a southern baptist, or atheist..

Religious people act out from 3 different ways,
Their fear of god
Their duty to god
and The most pure form, their unconditional love for god and everyone.

I think if people truly understood the greater power and truly loved it/themselves/others then most the problems with religions wouldn't exist for us. People will forgive you because they have unconditional love, and not because they think its the right thing to do/their god requires them to or wants it of them. Experiencing an unconditional love like the one God has for us, we will truly be more open minded, forgiving, caring people no matter the circumstances because WE want to be, not because our god is/we think its our duty.

now i am just rambling.. idk it sounded good at first.. haha. I feel your pain though man, im sure you know this but just continue loving yourself and others..and dont let the crazies bring you down.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Thanks for posting your thread, I understand where you are coming from.

If I was to post a topic that said "Isn't Agnosticism fantastic?" then it is only fair territory that anyone with religious or atheistic designs to shoot it down. In your case. I think the person (and probably in best intentions) was a "Do as YOU would be done by..." i.e. say something that the author themselves would like to hear rather than "Do as THEY would be done by" i.e. say something that the reader would like to hear.

So like you, the comment mentioning ALLAH grates a little bit because it has the meaning that "the author's view is right and the readers are wrong" .. so I feel your grating. I don't think the author genuinely wanted to cause offence though.

I think, the Islamaphobia thread (now closed) and especially the replies show the problem of religion - it is open to interpretation. There are many and varied interpretation of the Koran or the Bible (or the Illiad or Norse Mythology - before them) - as coming from the sample views on ATS. There are people who believe that the Koran stands for peace as there are people who believe that the Koran stands for Infidels - it really is a matter of interpretation. So their God who is all knowing - would have known this.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
i feel you.

I was taken to church every Sunday by my mother.

She gave me the choice to stop attending when i changed to secondary school (11 years old), when i hit 11, i stopped going and all was good. Actually a nice way of approaching something like faith and religion.

However, im not more against it now than i was then and i certainly dont hate religion. I think its like technology and metal ages, iron age gave way to bronze age, its just a system that once worked to keep the order, gives way to the next 'best' approach.

we are smart enough to realise that stabbing your neighbor, isnt something you would want them to do to you (common sense) so we no longer need to be "scared straight" by fairy tales depicting hells and such. I think of my self as a little more evolved in a way, religion can certainly bring family's together and teach some good live lessons and to those people who still need, want or like it, i say good luck all the best and dont kill me for not having the same faith - cheers

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Don't you mean you hate THE PEOPLE that shove their beliefs in your face? Religion doesn't really have the ability to talk, shove, insist, judge or anything else. It's the people that do those things per their beliefs. But I understand where you're coming from.

I believe what I believe because I don't know anything. (If that is clear to anyone) And I highly doubt any other person in the world believes exactly what I believe. This also goes for everyone else. Even if you're in a cult, you have a mind of your own -- you can never change that fact.

Anyway - 'hate' is a strong word. And due to your emotionally charged state, you wrongly accused religion of disturbing your state of being

edit on 12-3-2013 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Rant.
Hate is a strong word and i think so low of religious people it is almost impossible for me to hate them. I think they are stupid

There is a big difference though, between believing in a god, a higher power or entity, a universal force of some kind and declaring yourself as a member of any organized religion. Org. religions are organized by people yet somehow we are to believe that is not the case. Religious books are written by, you've guessed it, people but again people believe that is not true.

Is there any other word for it than stupid? I'm telling ya, if there ever comes a time a great entity presents itself to us, those people are going to be laughed at. It's gonna say 'but people wrote those things about me, they don't know me, you are all deluded'.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

My God forgives you.

Theirs won't.

(sorry. couldn't resist)

LMAO!!!
I saw a bumper sticker that said "JESUS LOVES YOU, but everyone else thinks your an a--hole!"

Sorry, I couldn't resist either!

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

No, it doesn't "require" anything. You are misunderstanding the word "religious" if used in non-supernatural creator/being. I'm sure you have heard the term "He washed his car religiously every weekend" etc. etc.
I am a Christian and believe in an all-powerful creator but that is what I BELIEVE from my life experiences!
The fact I believe in God doesn't pigeon-hole me along with any 'group' that wishes to call their lives 'religious'.
I like Rock music and even some Christian Rock groups like Petra, or Skillet but I have talked to people in some churches that is wrong (without telling me why!)
I know the man that started one of these bands and he told me there were 'churches' that said they HAD to be Satanists! They would make up lies about them. So earlier someone said it's not "religion" it's people!! I fully agree and that proves my point!
Even Jesus made it clear a building doesn't 'make' a church or 'save' you. It's a 'relationship with God' and it can be a secret if you so desire it to be.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
You might say religion can be compared to alcohol. It doesn't change a person it just reveals them. If you see a mean drunk or a happy drunk or a sad drunk, that is the real person without a veil. Now if someone is judgmental, prejudice, cruel, or even violent in regards to religion, then you are looking into their true self.

If someone is caring, charitable, forgiving, and loving in regards to religion, then they were a good person without it and a better person with it.

Alcohol and Religion can and are both used as a crutch to fill voids in empty people. I don't blame booze when a drunk hits someone I blame the person.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Interesting. Jesus hated religion too.

Religion doesn't get your spirit back to God when you die, relationship does. So I guess you'll be somewhere else.

Am I wring? You cannot prove that till your dead. Dead men don't talk. That's why faith is the prerequisite.

It's funny though because people like you saying they hate religion, shows they are bothered by it. The secure ones just ignore it.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I agree with alot here. But i'm here to say. If death doesn't get you first hypocrisy already did.

Also It would take a nut job to fulfill those prophecies do you understand them? the whole time it's multiple personalities and beliefs fighting over the destiny and fate of mankind in one persons head.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Its just the way I feel about people who cant say a complete sentence without 'praising him' or talking in some way about God/Allah/Jesus.

You give the church money and then see the pastor driving away in his Benz.

Halleluja!!

I know how you feel exactly and it was two years ago when I was 15. I stopped going to church since my parents don't go either (family problem).

I hate religions until I read about the Buddha teaching (I'm not promoting it), which said that you should not believe the books or the man in oranges (or whatever it said), which means that you should not believe bibles and priests more then yourself. Yourself in here means the things you got from god (or the higher/highest conscience, luck, or abnormally natural occurrence if you're a plain atheist) like your conscience, logic, feeling, end of thinking capability.And then I said to myself,
"Such a wisdom."
And now, I hate people.

It is their fanaticism, their pride of feeling attached to something that seemed greater and noble despite not having it. And you should be careful, for when they loss in words against other, it'll be violence in the name of religion.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

Interesting. Jesus hated religion too.

Sorry I had to question this (question might not be an appropriate word). No offense.
Could you tell me, which part of the bible said that Jesus hated religion?

If what you meant is that Jesus was against the Pharisees and Sadducees, it was all about politic, not religion. I did a little research about Jesus (I was about to make a film),

He was a philosopher himself since he was a kid. And he did make a basis for a religion.

Dead men don't talk.

Actually they do, at least in here. People still believe in mystic things, putting restless spirits inside people, humanoid sticks, and stuffs. Sometimes, aborted children in Limbo are running around, asking people who can see them to pray for them so that they can pass on from this world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join