It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nat. treasure for real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
how real is this movie going to be? is it possible that our nations treasure can be found w/ the treasure map on the back of the constitution?

id like to hear what people have to say about this!

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Nope. Not only that, but the movie looks awful! lol

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
History channel had a show on "the many faces of ben franklin"

They talked about his connection to the masons, connected to the knights templar, ect.

THey were talking about national treasure and interviewed DAVID ICKE!

Some of the things in the movie have to do with Ben Franklin's interesting life for real, but i'm not for sure because I couldn't understand all that was said because my husband was snoring.

I think it will be on nov 19th if you want ot watch it. They will be talking about it more then, last ngiht was just a sneak preview ...

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
YOu can count on the movie being pure Hollywood story, dont really need to question that any. But just if you want to know, people have used importand documents to code things they want to be coded. I do belive the decleration was used for that by a some on in the U.S. to hide his treasher.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
But just if you want to know, people have used importand documents to code things they want to be coded. I do belive the decleration was used for that by a some on in the U.S. to hide his treasher.

^ what documents have been used before?

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by apw100
Nope. Not only that, but the movie looks awful! lol

Oh good lord this movie looks aweful. It's telling that a "summer action flick" is being released in November. I'm just gonna watch Kil -Bill on DVD again, much better use of my time.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
What about the gold form the Confederacy treasury, did they ever find it? That's an interesting story though I am hardly a scholar.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The original copies of the declaration of independence have no map on the back, I have actually handled one of them myself. The first copies of the declaration came off the Henkel press in Winchester Virginia, the press now resides at Duke University, and the Henkels, being cousins of mine, have an original copy and there is nothing there.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
its just a fun movie,

I will go see it......I just want to be entertained, is that so wrong

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
But wondering if something like that is real is nuts.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The Thomas Beale treasure which contains three coded letters, one of whcih was broken using the Declaration of independence. The other two, one of which is the most important give the location of the treasure has not been cracked yet.

The only other treasure I know of concerning the civil war era was a treasure of jewels and gold buried in Saltville, Va.. Saltville was the salt capitol of the confederacy and when word came that the union soldiers were close by and going to take it over, many of the townfolks left. There was an old man who had two sons he was wealthy and him and his sons buried the family treasures of gold and jewels and they somhow got separated later. One of the son's got captured, he was going to be killed by the commanding officer who had captured him. The commanding officer was accompanied by a young corporal. But the captured son bargained with the treasure for his life. And so he and the corporal dug it up and brought it back to one of the salt mines that had not blown up. As soon as they had it in the mine, the commanding officer killed the son who had given him the treasure. The young corporal realizing that his life was also in danger, since it was obvious the commanding officer intended on not sharing the treasure and was going to leave it there and come back later, ran out of the mine just as the explosives that had been placed there (sorry can't remember who was actually blowing up the mines the confederates or the union military) exploded killing his commanding officer and burying the treasure in the salt mine. Anyway the old man and the other son searched high and low for the son but he was no where to be found and so they went to dig up the treasure where they had buried it only to find it also gone. The old man grieved himself to death and it was some years after his death and the war was long over that a letter arrived addressed to anyone who was kin to the missing brother, the young corporal was dying and had somehow remembered the captured brother's name and now wrote of what had happened on that fateful day. He drew a map to the mine that the treasure was buried in, but not really being real familiar with the area only in the faded memories of a frightened young man now grown older and weak himself he told of the whereabouts of the gold. The brother searched all his days for the missing family treasure but to no avail and so far as I know the treasure is still buried in one of the many salt mines.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
thats a pretty interesting story!!

thanks for filling me in

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
was found. If you do a search on the web you will find full color photos of the find.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
was found. If you do a search on the web you will find full color photos of the find.

I went there and looked but what is driving me crazy is that they do not show how they solved the codes. Many is the night I sat and tried to figure it out.

new topics

top topics

join