It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I beg you ATS, let's put this Islamaphobia behind us. please watch (video)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by headb

Originally posted by headb
Are women not entitled to their opinion in Islam?

let's see...

Women In Islam: Through Western Eyes - Lisa Killinger

Hollywood Actress Emilie Francois

Tony Blair's sister-in-law

Should i add more?
edit on 12-3-2013 by SOLIDSNAKE101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

Sorry I couldn't type so fast. Fatigue setting in. Your response came as soon as I hit the reply button so I couldn't edit before that.

Neways, thanks for the input. I appreciate the response. Many brothers ache, brother. But we can't gather enough balls within ourselves to stand up. You gotta admit, seeing Muslims massacred everyday by Western Military IS NOT ENCOURAGING!

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
As a very lapsed Catholic, I don't really care what faith people choose, so long as it brings them closer to God, but I will get over my fear and suspicion of Islam when it's followers stop coming in to western countries and stop demanding that we change our ways to suit them.
Case in point; There is a suburb in Melbourne and like many others, they used to decorate a tree in a local park every single Christmas. It's a tradition here in Aussie and NZ to do so, those of us who have been here for multiple generations all like it and to be honest, a Christmas tree has as much to do with Christianity as a fish does with a bicycle. So, the neighborhood in Melbourne becomes predominantly Muslim and now the council has had to stop decorating the tree because the local Muslims attack the tree and rip off the decorations because Christmas is a 'Christian' thing.
This is just one small story of the agressive nature of Muslim people in a largely secular nation. There is a school in NZ that has had to allow Muslim prayer time on a Friday because the children were disappearing on Fridays to the mosques and not coming back. Yet, all other religious beliefs and practices are banished from schools because religions other than Christianity got upset back in the day when we used to have bible class one hour per week.
We are now being expected to have debates about the validity of Sharia law, in a country where we already have a well established legal system that has punishment for crime. Yet again, Islam faith wants us to change our ways and let a religion have special rights to take the law into it's own hands.
If I went to a Muslim country during Ramadan I would be expected to respect their traditions, yet when Muslims come to our countries you do not return the favour...... Islam is NOT a respectful faith it is an expansive and agressive faith and it does not care about assimilating in with a non Islam society, rather it aims to change the society to follow it's beliefs.
So, sorry OP, but your video is nothing but propaganda and is not truthful in any respect here in the real world.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
reply to post by headb

You know whats interesting? The number of female converts. We have a large Muslim population here and there are many converts. The more fundie muslims dont accept the converts, but it was interesting to me how many women CHOOSE to live under sharia law and in such a Muslim household.

you can't force people to live under sheria law in Islam , but a true fallower of Islam will have no problems living under this law

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by headb

Sorry I couldn't type so fast. Fatigue setting in. Your response came as soon as I hit the reply button so I couldn't edit before that.

Neways, thanks for the input. I appreciate the response. Many brothers ache, brother. But we can't gather enough balls within ourselves to stand up. You gotta admit, seeing Muslims massacred everyday by Western Military IS NOT ENCOURAGING!

hey , no worries , my reply was in a Humble light , and yes indeed your words hold true

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

People Hate Islam , because their Gov tells them to, NO, because their Gov Brainwashed them to.

Thirty , Fourty years ago, Our Gov Brainwashed People to Hate the Russians, Funny thing is Islam was there then
and we were fine with it.

So, Blame the Russians for not Playing the Arms Race anymore, Our Industrial Military Complex came up with a "new enemy", an Enemy that cant be beaten, because its all a Big Lie.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightningStrikesHere
Cope with all the hate and misunderstanding I see on the boards about Islam.

The problem for Islam isn't that people don't understand it. The problem for Islam is that people understand it only too well.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

reply to post by headb

You know whats interesting? The number of female converts. We have a large Muslim population here and there are many converts. The more fundie muslims dont accept the converts, but it was interesting to me how many women CHOOSE to live under sharia law and in such a Muslim household.

you can't force people to live under sheria law in Islam , but a true fallower of Islam will have no problems living under this law

Its SHARIA law, and yes, people can be compelled to live under sharia law against their will... aka FORCED. If you lie about yourself AND Islam, youre doing other Muslims a disservice. Im not unaware of Islam and am well acquainted with Muslims and Islam. Every religion has its dark side supported by dark followers. To deny it is to be shown a liar. I am no Islamaphobe, Im a liaraphobe.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I dont believe its right to criticize others for their beliefs. I also dont believe its right to try and push your beliefs on anyone else. Which is my problem with ALL religion. God needs noone to stick up for him. The truth will always stand no matter what. So that being said, Im sorry youve been bashed for your beliefs. I just hope you havent pushed your beliefs onto anyone else.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hongkongphooey

Seriously? You do know where Christianity originated from? No not Rome! Rome hijacked a religion that was founded in the Middle East, not Europe!

point of order, the use of the term "hijacked" does not appear to be appropriate, they converted to the religion and therefore are probably responsible for the growth- that is not "hijacking"

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

actually you can. it happens all the time. recently a christian pastor was going to be executed because he was an arab, and therefore must practice islam, which means he converted (in the eyes of sharia law). the only thing that stopped it was lots of international pressure.

arabs are required to practice islam, or be executed. i'd call that forcing people under sharia law.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

actually you can. it happens all the time. recently a christian pastor was going to be executed because he was an arab, and therefore must practice islam, which means he converted (in the eyes of sharia law). the only thing that stopped it was lots of international pressure.

arabs are required to practice islam, or be executed. i'd call that forcing people under sharia law.

Specifically it was the "blasphemy" law under Sharia. RIght now Xtians ( which Im not one) are being burnt out and killed for Blasphemy in Pakistan.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

Peter, the first Pope started his church in Rome.

The New Testament contains five different metaphors for the foundation of the Church (Matt. 16:18, 1 Cor. 3:11, Eph. 2:20, 1 Pet. 2:5–6, Rev. 21:14). One metaphor that has been disputed is Jesus Christ’s calling the apostle Peter "rock": "You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it" (Matt. 16:18).

www.catholic.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

yes.

and to those saying women don't suffer under sharia law:
jonathanturley.org...

a 13 year old girl was raped by three men, and because of that, she was found guilty of committing adultery and stoned to death by an islamic court.

while she was slowly being bludgeoned to death, she was begging not to be killed. voluntary, huh? the same type of voluntary that goes with rape.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

reply to post by headb

Its SHARIA law, and yes, people can be compelled to live under sharia law against their will... aka FORCED. If you lie about yourself AND Islam, youre doing other Muslims a disservice. Im not unaware of Islam and am well acquainted with Muslims and Islam. Every religion has its dark side supported by dark followers. To deny it is to be shown a liar. I am no Islamaphobe, Im a liaraphobe.

So what is Sharia? Sharia is based on the teachings of the Qur’an and authentic example of Prophet Muhammad (saaw). Sharia covers every aspect of individual and community life for Muslims. The legal aspect of Sharia is very small and within it, the huddud (punishments), are only a small fraction of the complete system of justice – yet this is what most non-Muslims associate with Sharia.

Today, most Western opinions of what life would be like for non-Muslims under Islamic rule are based on ignorance and fear. This fear is compounded further by media reports about behaviors in “Muslim” countries that most Americans -- ignorant of Al-Islam -- take to be Sharia Law. Repeatedly, mainstream media reports on “practices” in such countries as Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and other Muslim countries -- whose “Laws” DO NOT REPRESENT true Sharia Law -- as sterling examples of Sharia rule. In many of these countries, Sharia is mixed with non-Islamic cultural practices, contrary to the objectives and intentions of the Sharia. Western media has associated Sharia Law with cruelty, backwardness, intolerance, anti modernism and opposed to democratic goals such as life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Our aim is to dispel some of these myths surrounding Sharia Law, and show it in its true light.

you can Humble your self here

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
*** CLOSED ***
edit on Fri Mar 15 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join