It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel a disturbance in the force.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Here is a link to that 1997 study
www.sciencedirect.com...

Since then Baylor has looked at other pain issues and magnetism and not seen the same result.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

But otherwise the magnetism doesn't cause any real harm to your body does it? Actually wouldn't it improve circulation due to the iron in your blood?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Like maybe your ear? Ever forget about that little piece of built in audio equipment?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

But otherwise the magnetism doesn't cause any real harm to your body does it? Actually wouldn't it improve circulation due to the iron in your blood?

The iron in the blood is in the hemoglobin and that is an individual atom in a huge molecule if I remember right. There really is very little iron in blood.

Suppose that it would be attracted to magnets. The magnets are permanent magnets. The field does not change. Dump some iron filings on a surface and place a magnet near the filings. They are attracted to the magnet. What would blood do if it were magnetic? It would move towards the magnet. It would not flow better. It might pool and stop moving if the magnetic field were stronger than the pressure moving the blood.

In general a static field has little effect on a person. A changing magnetic field can be used to induce currents. That has been done to treat migraine headaches.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Like maybe your ear? Ever forget about that little piece of built in audio equipment?

Tinnitus is where you hear a sound that is not external to your ear. It can have many causes, even infections can affect the ear causing you to think that you hear sound. If the sound is real, then a microphone should pick it up.

en.wikipedia.org...

Tinnitus is common: about 20% of people between 55 and 65 years old report symptoms on a general health questionnaire, and 11.8% on more detailed tinnitus-specific questionnaires

Tinnitus can be perceived in one or both ears or in the head. It is usually described as a ringing noise, but in some patients, it takes the form of a high-pitched whining, electric buzzing, hissing, humming, tinging or whistling sound, or as ticking, clicking, roaring, "crickets" or "tree frogs" or "locusts (cicadas)", tunes, songs, beeping, sizzling, sounds that slightly resemble human voices or even a pure steady tone like that heard during a hearing test, and in some cases, pressure changes from the interior ear.[4] It has also been described as a "whooshing" sound because of acute muscle spasms, as of wind or waves.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I hate it when people just make claims up and there is nothing to back them. There is no proof that magnetic health items have been removed from stores, or sales. I searched and couldn't find a single site that made that claim. You need to be careful who you believe on these forums. If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. The only magnets I have even heard of that have been causing health problems is the ones like in the connects games when kids swallow them and they try to reconnect later on in the intestine causing a blockage.

At the same time I have never heard of a magnet your suppose to swallow to get results. Anything can cause damage when used incorrectly.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

That's a very interesting study...I hadn't heard of it. Although it's a tiny sample group, it's interesting that magnetism seemed to work for muscular and arthritic type pain, and not other types of pain, if that's what he's saying.

I don't want to get all off topic here, but obviously something was happening. Do you know if anyone has repeated this type of study? I will go and search!

I'm sure you can understand that it's very frustrating for those of us who have feelings and physical symptoms that we can't place on a source, or have them explained to us by people we think might have answers, like doctors. I'm open to all solutions, but the first thing I tried was the allopathic medical route, which has brought me nothing at all, apart from a sympathetic doctor, albeit a little patronising when I mention complementary therapies, and a suggestion of counselling. What makes it worse is that sometimes what we feel is so intermittent. Talking strictly personally here, I cannot for the life of me pinpoint the source of what I feel. Is it really beyond reason to suggest that some of us have different or enhanced senses?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Good God

Seems like I need to get of the tree and get involved. However, I might sit here a little longer it seems to becoming interesting *Takes out popcorn*. I wonder when all of you will put the egos aside and work together, I guess probably never

All I seen so far is everyone punching one another, yet there is a mega bully who punches the hardest and yet I wonder how far would you all have went if all differences aside and worked together on figuring out this issue

edit on 5-4-2013 by PsiOpSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
page 15 already

Also Psi you are kind of right ! But what can we do about the bully ?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Magicians Apprentice
page 15 already

Also Psi you are kind of right ! But what can we do about the bully ?

Well there are a few options:

1. Smother him with a pillow just enough to cause a black out, then send him to a Buddhist retreat.

2. Cookies and Milk do the trick.

3. Request a re-adjustment protocol.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
A thought just hit me ..what color would a nuke be if it was launched..would it be blue? Like in Hopi prophecies?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
How is that thread coming along you mentioned you and another member were working on?

No rush..

Just looking forward to its contents.

edit on 5-4-2013 by DeliberatusImmemor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Magicians Apprentice
page 15 already

But what can we do about the bully ?

Integrate him into our collective shadow.. ask Carl Jung how to do it.

Sorry just had a bit of synchronicity there.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeliberatusImmemor

How is that thread coming along you mentioned you and another member were working on?

No rush..

Just looking forward to its contents.

edit on 5-4-2013 by DeliberatusImmemor because: (no reason given)

It's coming a long slowly but surely. It will be sort of a guide to ascension and have many interesting techniques collaborated into it.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by fromtheheart66
A thought just hit me ..what color would a nuke be if it was launched..would it be blue? Like in Hopi prophecies?

Primarily it would depends on the fuel used and it can burn blue.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by fromtheheart66

Let's just hope we never find out.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

I hate it when people just make claims up and there is nothing to back them. There is no proof that magnetic health items have been removed from stores, or sales. I searched and couldn't find a single site that made that claim. You need to be careful who you believe on these forums. If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. The only magnets I have even heard of that have been causing health problems is the ones like in the connects games when kids swallow them and they try to reconnect later on in the intestine causing a blockage.

At the same time I have never heard of a magnet your suppose to swallow to get results. Anything can cause damage when used incorrectly.

I hate it when people can't read what was written.

Please show us where anyone claimed that magnetic health items have been removed from stores?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

The Baylor study was post-polio patients. It may be the only study with a positive result. One of the things people have to realize is that studies are done usually at a 95% confidence level which means that 5% of the time studies are wrong due only to chance. That's 1 in 20 papers, or tens of thousands. That is not due to sloppy work or bad practices, but is just a mathematical issue that is accepted. Not saying that this is the case with this paper, but is just something to consider when papers have different outcomes.

Here is a video from Baylor on further studies, 9 in all.
media.baylorhealth.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Tinnitus is where you hear a sound that is not external to your ear. It can have many causes, even infections can affect the ear causing you to think that you hear sound. If the sound is real, then a microphone should pick it up.

I don't need a lesson on what tinnitus is; I'm aware...Who is to say that everybody that hears a sound that can't be 'picked up', is suffering from tinnitus? Crappy 'science-based' medicine establishment, is who....I'll stick to my own theories that people are in reality hearing astral noise, but see it how you will.

Excuse me, however, while I act as a free-thinking human being, and formulate my own opinions, will you?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

You didn't answer the question; other than swallowing of the magnets and other asshattery that shouldn't be called true dangers of magnets, does the magnetism/magnetic field cause any harmful effects to the body?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join